Can we beat hearts on Sunday

of course we can ... will we is another discussion.

nothing in the last dozen or so games would inspire confidence and if i was a hearts fan / player i would be fancying having a go at Rangers now.

It depends how Clement prepares the team for it.

These players need a burning platform between now and the end of the season - Up your game, or you're out.

Our wage bill is screwing us to the floor.

Of course we can, whether we actually achieve it is a different matter.

Hearts will never have a better chance of beating us.

Of course we can but whether these bottlers are up for a fight,remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Yes we can, will we based on this recent collapse is another thing!
Clement has spoken about the disconnect between the fans and this group of players when he came in, that's clearly happened again and there is no leeway for them now, things go like the last few games and the crowd turns, it will get messy!

My enthusiasm for it has waned significantly since last night, I won’t lie.

Feel scunnered.

I’m sure I’ll feel different on Sunday morning heading to the game but this team have sucked the life and positivity right out of me after this collapse.

Hearts will be well up for it and if they have any sense will go for it in the first 10 minutes. That's where we've been most vulnerable last few weeks and we have done nothing to correct it. I worry if Hearts score first about our mentality and ability to come back from that.

Got a few Hearts supporters in my work and they are extremely confident about the weekend.

Suppose they have every right to be confident.
They are facing us when we are shit out of confidence and looking terrified all over the park.
I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them but I also wouldn't be surprised if they hit us hard and fast and we fold again.

Season could be all but over in a few days time.
How fucking depressing.

They will smell blood and beat us. Any team who are showing a fall in form immediately become beatable as teams dont fear them.

Its almost as if the team think the League has been won by Celtic so no point in trying, lets keep ourselves for the Cup.

Will be a very interesting watch on Sunday.

yes we can but not if we play like we have in the last two games,
Hearts will be up for it but will ours,

My reading of the situation is that the players’ mentality is such that they don’t want to meet the beggars in the final, so somehow, they’ll manage to get themselves into a fickle, and lose.

Hearts will only need to score one to beat us.

Probably a blessing as it would save us the embarrassment of another cup final defeat to Celtic the week after they lift the league trophy.

Thats what this team has done to us.
It's a horrible feeling, but I'm almost hoping we get knocked out on Sunday to save us experiencing exactly the scenario you describe.

The bigger question is does anyone honestly think this team can beat the tramps in the final to stop them doing a double? Think id rather the shame of losing to hearts 2bh

I don’t think so. Morning from our last games suggest it. Since the 2nd March we’ve been woeful. Warning signs were there.

I usually try to take a glass half full type of view, but off the back of the last two performances particularly, it’s difficult to feel confident going into Sunday.
I sincerely hope to be proved completely wrong, but you just fear us losing an early goal and then the rest of the game looking like a repeat of last night’s performance.

Of course we can win it and we probably will. But we need to start playing football on the deck, I can’t take much more of this mind numbing hoofing the ball on the park. Fucking play through these shitey teams.

I usually try to take a glass half full type of view, but off the back of the last two performances particularly, it’s difficult to feel confident going into Sunday.
I sincerely hope to be proved completely wrong, but you just fear us losing an early goal and then the rest of the game looking like a repeat of last night’s performance.
Yeah - said that earlier. If we lose the first goal then I have a real fear about the result.

Dessers for Silva and Dowell for Lawrence.That will probably be the only changes unless Yilmaz is fit.
Not very inspiring

I cant believe 2 weeks ago beating the Scum would probably see us lift the title.
To this absolute shitshow.
Talk about falling off a cliff we have fallen of Mount Everest with half a dozen sherpas on our back.
61 pissed off and scunnered beyond belief.

Sterling needs to play in the middle, I said in the match day thread I don't care if that means Davies, Borna or King play there or young Robbie Fraser is thrown in with no fear. Sterling will immediately make Lundstram better (I felt for him last night because Lawrence done his best Nicky Law disappearing impression) and also make the shaky back four stronger with how he breaks up threats.
We can win, I of course hope we do win, won't be any sort of celebration though.

Got a feeling we will smash Hearts. This will give our fans another false dawn. Then we will be sitting come summer saying the exact same thing. Get a few quality bodies in and we will beat the scum and win the league. Rinse and repeat! Delaying the what should happen for another season with the usual suspects.

I'd rather have decent consistent players, than guys who play 5 games brilliant and then 10 games crap.

We can and will, I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet with trophies still up for grabs.

It all depends which Rangers turn up, or the support will he on their back quickly.

Back