Can we beat hearts on Sunday

‘Will we’ would have been a more searching question.
To answer the op, we can but I have my doubts this group of players are capable at the moment.
Hearts are a much better side than Motherwell, Ross county and Dundee.
Levels need to be upped massively or our season is over Sunday.

Same attitude as myself at the minute mate. It's the league or bust for me and once again we've made a royal lady's front bottom of it. Cups are usually a bonus for a club like us, but it's becoming the norm that we get the consolation prize.
I just cannot believe they have let this happen again.

Having worked so hard to redeem themselves, to then go and flush it all down the f****"g toilet is very hard to stomach.

We absolutely can.

Whether we will is another question.

On current form I wouldn't be surprised if it went the full 120 minutes of dross then penalties.

We better or God help reaction from our fans afterwards
It will get toxic similar to Aberdeen game at home
I wouldn't blame them

A cup semi final at Hampden with a full house and the biggest majority Bears of course we can,
Will we ????

Clement needs to get his team selection right for once. Get Sterling into the middle for one. Sima on the left and McCausland on the right. Let's give teams something to worry about.

The manager needs to sort the midfield out. And the fact when we get countered on we have 6 players at times ahead of the ball.

Couldn't care less. Even if we win the cup, it'll be a lot like the one we won after losing in Seville. Empty.

Clements attitude to how we approach the game tactically needs to change as does the players general attitude but I honestly think that the players playing in their natural positions must surely help.
For me this centres on the midfield set up as we no longer have any sustained control over games.
Injuries or not our entire set up tactically is horrific and we are playing into the oppositions hands. It's no coincidence that our approach via Motherwell, Celtic, Ross County & then Dundee has had similar performances & results & if we try the same approach again then don't be surprised to to a similar performance.
Address the midfield situation and start to take control of the game & play as a unit both defensively & offensively then we can win.

Ross County had never beaten Rangers in their entire history.
Hearts have never beaten Rangers at Hampden in their entire history.

What's coming next?

Hearts are 9/1 @hills to win on Sunday I think that's very generous.
tenner bet and drown my sorrows on a freebie.

half time/fulltime Us / hearts is 80/1- 80 to fckn 1.

that is crazy - ross county and motherwell two recent examples it could easily happen

hundred quid and that's 8 grand - summer holiday to florida funded

Last edited:
I obviously want us to win but a loss absolutely buries any thought of the club holding on to these players. The club needs to clear them out , confirm to them that they will never play for Rangers again and it’s their responsibility to move on and find another club so we can rebuild.

My enthusiasm for it has waned significantly since last night, I won’t lie.

Feel scunnered.

I’m sure I’ll feel different on Sunday morning heading to the game but this team have sucked the life and positivity right out of me after this collapse.

Same. I may not go and instead give my ticket to a pal. This side has destroyed the enthusiasm in the support with the manner of performances, lack of character and fight and I cannot stand the sight of some of them. They are a disgrace to our club and I cannot wait for some to leave.

Clements attitude to how we approach the game tactically needs to change as does the players general attitude but I honestly think that the players playing in their natural positions must surely help.
For me this centres on the midfield set up as we no longer have any sustained control over games.
Injuries or not our entire set up tactically is horrific and we are playing into the oppositions hands. It's no coincidence that our approach via Motherwell, Celtic, Ross County & then Dundee has had similar performances & results & if we try the same approach again then don't be surprised to to a similar performance.
Address the midfield situation and start to take control of the game & play as a unit both defensively & offensively then we can win.
Am I being naive in thinking that we could actually change the formation to suit what we have rather than force players into roles they aren't natural at?
3-5-2 with Tav and Norma as wing backs for example with Silva and Sima up front?

I'm always glass half full but after the last two results and the wheels coming off, Sunday is going to be an extremely difficult game.
Last night's result will give Hearts the confidence they can turn us over - Bastards.

Personally I think we were able to overcome adversity in the past but I have the horrible feeling that this shower of players are in a rut that will continue until the attitude of many of the players is turned around. It is easy to pick up a great wage without a thought for those who Follow everywhere

What I am not understanding is that we should be able to put out any 11 and beat Motherwell Ross County ,Dundee and Hearts as we have better players.

My prediction if anyone cares.

We'll stumble past Hearts, have to listen to our players for the next few days telling everyone they've turned a corner and will go on and win the league.

Drop points in 1 of our next 2 games then get utterly horsed at the piggery as they beat us to win the league.

We'll then turn into Real Madrid for the last 2 games as the pressure is off. Again have to listen to our players saying how determined they are to make amends by winning the Cup.

Then lose said cup final.

Aye it is, it is fuckin Hearts, not peak Real Madrid we are playing FFS.

Congrats on the negativity though.
It was Ross county and Dundee we just played FFS . If you don't think hearts will hit us from the first and keep going , then your deluded

I'm getting flashbacks to the Hibs semi when Gio came in, we were playing the same crap as what we saw yesterday.
It was embarrassing to lose 1-3 and Goldson made some remarks afterwards that was similar to Sterling yesterday.
It's getting that bad !

The goals have dried up in the team.

For all that we huff and puff we can't seem to create many clear cut goal scoring opportunities.

The goals have dried up in the team.

For all that we huff and puff we can't seem to create many clear cut goal scoring opportunities.
We create plenty of chances and half chances. We just can't finish them.

We were crying out for someone like Shankland. It's unbelievable that we didn't go for him in January.

I guarantee we would currently be about 5 points clear if we'd got him. The CL money that comes with winning the league this season would have paid for his transfer fee about ten times over.

We need sterling in midfield.... this will be a battle and we need bodies in the middle of the park as dundee and ross co have just waltzed from their 18 yard box to ours in a matter of seconds last 2 games....play borna and if hes awful and not trying then sub him at 20mins 30mins whatever for one of the kids or even davies or balogun if possible, but i would humiliate him in front of the whole support if his attitude is stinking, at least then clement is declaring his hand .....sterling is wasted at lb and also weakens our already poor midfield.... at least this way we only weaken one area potentially .......

Back