Can we finally all agree?

Yep. Cant disagree with that.

However we would have a fighting chance in terms of defensive faux pas if we could put the ball in the net.

Relying on Dessers as our main source of goals in Jan was madness. His 'numbers' skewed his real contribution
We would've tried to get a striker mate. January is awkward and options are limited and for whatever reason it's just not worked out. Budget wasn't there either.

I would certainly move Goldson and Lundstram on, Tav I'm not sure about, he's our only goal threat and still our best player, he's not an inspirational leader though and this is the problem.
Take the penalties out of it; do you still think so? I think we need root and branch change, which includes a new captain. We have built the team around Tav (not so much under Clement) - new direction required.

The only way I can comment on last nights “ performance “ is to say we looked like a team that was playing for a draw.
Absolutely one of the worst performances I have ever seen.

Take the penalties out of it; do you still think so? I think we need root and branch change, which includes a new captain. We have built the team around Tav (not so much under Clement) - new direction required.
Well last night for example, we looked like we could play all night and not score, it was the same at County.

If someone was going to score you would bank on Tav from a set piece or a pen.

I do agree new direction is needed.

Tavernier, Goldson and Lundstram, the “leaders” are the single biggest problem at the football club and have been for years.
Agree 100%.I though lunstram had turned the corner tbh under the new manager but he,s been truly awful over the last 2 games playing back constantly ,failing to track runners and giving the ball away from misplaced simple passes.matondo too is a total waste of a shirt and don,t start me on lawerence.out of his depth big time.

There will be people along soon asking how we replace Tavs goals, completely missing the point that relying on your right back scoring 20 goals a season is fundamental to our problems in the 1st place.

A right back scoring the number of goals he does should be a bonus. Instead we rely on those goals to get us out of a hole way too often, and it's been like this since 2021. Other than Dessers (who is terrible) and Sima no one else contributes anything like the numbers required. It's frightening how much we rely on Tavernier.

Yes. The 'leadership group' needs cleansed. Goldson, Souttar, Lundstram, Dessers, Scott Wright, Lawrence, Barisic, Roofe and Jack all need to go. I'd add in if we can get a decent fee for the keeper I'd take it.
Try and keep Cortes and Sima, get Danilo back to fitness and take a look at him properly while signing 2 strikers while also replacing some of the dead wood we've shifted. Not sure if all of the above is probable or even possible but one can dream.

Don't know how anyone can disagree.

They've been at the heart of every collapse since they were paired together.

It's a cliche at this point, but we need actual leaders.

If we have been agreeing this for a couple of seasons, why the hell was CG given a 4 year contract two years ago ?? Crazy !!
because no1 wanted Goldson and we couldnt afford another CB so the club made a big deal of him signing new contract

Don't know how anyone can disagree.

They've been at the heart of every collapse since they were paired together.

It's a cliche at this point, but we need actual leaders.
I'm not disagreeing - circle of life and all that, but these guys have had very little support from team mates stepping up to help them out.

Their errors and inadequacies are forever magnified as we've got no one in other areas of the team contributing significantly.

The old adage of 'goals changing games'.

Some of our defensive faux pas would be less evident if others stepped up and provided incision and goals.

We are woefully impotent in attack and yer Tavs Lunstrams and Goldsons cant be shouldering the burden for that

I'm not disagreeing - circle of life and all that, but these guys have had very little support from team mates stepping up to help them out.

Their errors and inadequacies are forever magnified as we've got no one in other areas of the team contributing significantly.

The old adage of 'goals changing games'.

Some of our defensive faux pas would be less evident if others stepped up and provided
incision and goals.

We are woefully impotent in attack and yer Tavs Lunstrams and Goldsons cant be shouldering the burden for that
So the solution seems obvious, a proper, massive clear out.

We need to move on,we need younger players in midfield ,I'm right behind Clement as I think (I hope)he's going to rake a scalpel to this lot and cut out the dross ,it can't be the manager everytime it's him that' got us back in the title race but it's time to move most on.

I think he will be. Kind of alluded to it in the presser yesterday when asked about the character of his squad, then reigned it back in a bit on a follow up question. I think he knows what's needed though and I don't think he'll be afraid to do it.
It's not a question of being afraid to do it ...it's more being allowed to do it Exactly the same thing happened with Gerrard and we all know what happened there . Losing out ( and it looks very much like it ) on the £40 million , has widened the already substantial gap in the financial status of the clubs.

Goldson was a panic signing after we didn't get doekhi, Lundstram has to be away, he's 2 or 3 purple patches and that's it.

Rangers are a club that need to be turning over players every 2 seasons or so, foreign players have to get bored playing the same teams upwards of 4 times a season as well as playing mostly against a low block.

We've held onto Goldson, Tav, going back Kent, morelos, kamara, Jack, mcgregor, barisic, roofe, they get stale.

Across the city, they had a massive clear our under Ange, they brought in a few Asian and foreign players and now on 3 in a row. Hopefully koppens and the new scouts get some young fresh faces in with loads of energy.

It's not a question of being afraid to do it ...it's more being allowed to do it Exactly the same thing happened with Gerrard and we all know what happened there . Losing out ( and it looks very much like it ) on the £40 million , has widened the already substantial gap in the financial status of the clubs.
Think it was slightly different with Gerrard. He wanted the best of both worlds, in that he wanted to bring new players in, but not generate funds by selling any of the main assets EG Morelos. Nothing wrong with that mindset, but just wasn't a viable option. I don't think Clement will dig his heels in on anyone we can get money in for and / or get off the wage bill.

Agree 100%.I though lunstram had turned the corner tbh under the new manager but he,s been truly awful over the last 2 games playing back constantly ,failing to track runners and giving the ball away from misplaced simple passes.matondo too is a total waste of a shirt and don,t start me on lawerence.out of his depth big time.
It’s interesting that Lundstrum has turned sour the last few games.
Could it be that he’s not got someone to play with since Diomande got surgery on his thumb.
Lawrence and Dowell are not natural in that position and it shows.
Why Raskin hasn’t got minutes as he is a natural central midfielder slightly deeper escapes me.

Last night particularly bad as very little came through midfield and the number of times Goldson launched the ball forward aimlessly was baffling unless that was the Clement master plan.
Perhaps he thought bad pitch miss out midfield.
Basically I can’t see how Lundstrum is responsible in the circumstances.

Think it was slightly different with Gerrard. He wanted the best of both worlds, in that he wanted to bring new players in, but not generate funds by selling any of the main assets EG Morelos. Nothing wrong with that mindset, but just wasn't a viable option. I don't think Clement will dig his heels in on anyone we can get money in for and / or get off the wage bill.
Don't agree , Gerrard was promised a war chest and selling our biggest assets wasn't on the table .He brought more financially to the club than selling Morelos would have brought in , with the European run. The board moved the goalposts. That's all in the past and not worth concentrating on.The problem is we are in a far bigger hole than a lot are prepared to admit . The current squad are mince and none of them would be an attraction for big bucks. As I said in another thread I don't have the answer and can only hope the board have , but I wouldn't put my mortgage on it .

It’s interesting that Lundstrum has turned sour the last few games.
Could it be that he’s not got someone to play with since Diomande got surgery on his thumb.
Lawrence and Dowell are not natural in that position and it shows.
Why Raskin hasn’t got minutes as he is a natural central midfielder slightly deeper escapes me.

Last night particularly bad as very little came through midfield and the number of times Goldson launched the ball forward aimlessly was baffling unless that was the Clement master plan.
Perhaps he thought bad pitch miss out midfield.
Basically I can’t see how Lundstrum is responsible in the circumstances.
You have a point in regards Diomande .
I actually thought Lundstram was our best player this season and voted as such in last weeks poty poll but something has certainly upset the applecart over the past week
on raskin.....hmmm ,had high hopes for him but seen zero to date that he will be anything other than a bit part player.
would love to be proved wrong and see another guttuso type develop but not looking likely atm

You have a point in regards Diomande .
I actually thought Lundstram was our best player this season and voted as such in last weeks poty poll but something has certainly upset the applecart over the past week
on raskin.....hmmm ,had high hopes for him but seen zero to date that he will be anything other than a bit part player.
would love to be proved wrong and see another guttuso type develop but not looking likely atm
Career at Ibrox blighted by injury.
Since Clement came in has hardly kicked a ball for unknown reason.
Certainly whatever he is seems a more natural option than shoehorning players like Lawrence and Dowell into that position.

Under Phillie Clement's tenure we have invariably had 40 to 50 % of our starting outfield unavailable due to injury

Just t now Yilmaz, Cortes Diomsnde Danillo etc

I know currently we are limited for players in Tav and Goldson's position, but I don't ever remember them getting hooked when things weren't going right, and trying something different. Every other player can be substituted but not them 2.

Tav Goldson Lundstram Lawrance Dowell Wright Davies all told to find new clubs or train with the B team but will not be in the first team squad. Might be seen as hard but they are well paid and are not now performing as required. Also all those out of contract leave.
How much cash we would get for any is doubtful as if they are not good enough for us The EPL would not want them and not sure if the Championship would. If they sat around and did not play it would be the end of their football days which forces them to leave.
It is time football acted the hard way against those who are millionaires who will survive if we tell them they mever play for us again.
Try to keep Sima if we have the cash and sign two or three new defenders.
We would still be left with midfielders who are mainly young and look good but an extra older with experience would be good. Plus another striker as at present we can not be sure how Danilo will be when coming back.

Thank those we dont want and tell them that their days with Rangers first team are over.

Forgot about Raskin who also can go now and find a new club as I have seen nothing from him.

Back