Can we refuse to have dialogue with Sky Sports ?

We should be doing what Marshawn Lynch done years ago. Just turn up so he doesn't get fined.

Just answer no comment to every question and then leave.

Requires someone in the club to find a pair of balls but.
:shh:I remember this; excellent play by the big guy...and funny to watch too . Sounds like a plan.:shh:

Alternatively - next time SG is in front of the Sky cameras - he answers whatever the 1st question is - with something along the lines of -

I have to say I'm disgusted with your ridiculous hounding of my players - & if you continue with this obviously biased commentary, coverage & behaviour - then my & my club's response will be a lot less accommodating than we have been up till now

That would throw everything into their court without breaking any rules -

Can't see it happening though

I think that would be counter productive, we need voices to highlight the "inconsistencies" and hence use the opportunities wisely.

As has been the case in other facets of Scottish Football self-interest is a prime mover with other cubs' representatives. For as long as they are content that the present conditions don't impact on their teams they couldn't give a toss about "sporting integrity". It follows that the status quo will remain, to the detriment of Scottish football as a whole.
Nobody’s listening to our “voice”
We need a different more forceful strategy

Alternatively - next time SG is in front of the Sky cameras - he answers whatever the 1st question is - with something along the lines of -

I have to say I'm disgusted with your ridiculous hounding of my players - & if you continue with this obviously biased commentary, coverage & behaviour - then my & my club's response will be a lot less accommodating than we have been up till now

That would throw everything into their court without breaking any rules -

Can't see it happening though
I’d rather he asked for Andy Walker to interview him then rip him apart during the interview

Unless it's an attack on one of the directors you can forget anyone of the board fighting our corner. I don't actually know how much evidence you need to realise they will never fight our corner. They are " left wanting" on EVERY occasion of corruption or double standards.

If you're lucky we may make a meaningless statement that won't be backed up (as after the SC final when our own players were assaulted).

spot on.

We’re a well run professional set up now, just outright banning folk we don’t like or disagree with isn’t particularly wise. We voice our concerns to Sky, in a professional manner, and allow them to come back to us with a response and we have a dialogue.

If the club are annoyed about this, and they should be, then I trust our board to act accordingly. The days of scorched earth and throwing haymakers about in the hope one lands is just silly, if you keep banning news outlets then you have no way of setting your agenda when the time comes.

We’re a well run professional set up now, just outright banning folk we don’t like or disagree with isn’t particularly wise. We voice our concerns to Sky, in a professional manner, and allow them to come back to us with a response and we have a dialogue.

If the club are annoyed about this, and they should be, then I trust our board to act accordingly. The days of scorched earth and throwing haymakers about in the hope one lands is just silly, if you keep banning news outlets then you have no way of setting your agenda when the time comes.

Your approach is certainly working with the BBC.

Football sold its soul to tv companies, now we're living with the consequences.

Caught up on everything thats going on in the world these days. Political crap and everything else has been thrown in. Tournaments to suit the powerful to make money, var, worse thing to ever happen to the game.

Seems the actual skills, the entertainment and enjoyment have been sucked out the game. Look through football forums and any talk of what's actually happening on the pitch, is an afterthought these days.

They claim to be good for mental health, does that mean hard lines to the many people who cant afford their extortionate prices? Doubt they give a f**k.
Tell me, enlighten me as to how the filth and Hibs the other night are living with the consequences of Tv Companies?

'I'll be here to next January waiting on your answer.

Recently neic Lennon announced he would not speak to Sky Sports and they wouldn’t have access to his players.

I don’t remember an outcry of this would break any contracts.

In light of the recent orchestrated witch hunt of Morelos can the Club speak only to our own media team ?

It’s all good an well individual Bears cancelling subscriptions but that is really a drop in the ocean that sky won’t care about.

Already the BBC who through a sheer lack of professionalism and stubbornness wont be at the title winning party, how embarrassing would it be for Sky Sports also on the outside looking in.

Ideally I wouldn’t want us to be part of any tv deal for all it gets us domestically.
Ffs mate you are on a roll tonight have you been on the vino already?

No need to employ a Compliance Officer when they already have Walker and Crocker.

As for interviews, should just give the very bare minimum

Tell me, enlighten me as to how the filth and Hibs the other night are living with the consequences of Tv Companies?

'I'll be here to next January waiting on your answer.
I wrote political consequences, and there's plenty of that going on.

Rangers are not seen as a minority, and like just about everything else regarding majorities we seem to be getting forced into apologising for everything and I'm not just talking about football, just that with media heavily involved in football now, that's where the politics have came in.

Nil by Mouth, being a perfect example.

I wrote political consequences, and there's plenty of that going on.

Rangers are not seen as a minority, and like just about everything else regarding majorities we seem to be getting forced into apologising for everything and I'm not just talking about football, just that with media heavily involved in football now, that's where the politics have came in.

Nil by Mouth, being a perfect example.
Fair point.

But Rangers are not seen as a minority.

They are seen as a political and sectarian punchbag.

If Wednesday night doesn't prove that, with official Hibs TV, what else needs to happen before action is taken?

As for Nil By Mouth? and Fare? and The Runnymede Trust? if we had been run properly by proper Rangers people this hatred would have been nipped in the bud.

We weren't.

Regards the press? We should control or make sure their narrative is deemed to be fair. Decades of negligence by our club mean that's not happeneing, maybe even never again.

Only when the club speaks out can they refuse to ignore it.

Take it to them.

We must, if we were politically astute, have a dossier that makes War and Peace look like the Metro.

We're not that poitically astute yet.

If we ever will be?

we have to do interviews as part of the tv deal.
We really don’t need to be creating a circus around the team with media and tv companies. Win on the pitch and concentrate on building relationships to get change. Spitting the dummy etc is just pointless noise imo. It won’t change anything, nothing will except us when we’re in a position to do so.

I think we need to send one of the management team as per contractual obligations but whoever gets sent should just say “no comment”.

Fu.ck Sky, Gerrard should only speak to RTV
Unfortunately we need the exposure from sky. I email them constantly about his commentary, complaining about his obvious hatred of us. Only speaking to rtv is preaching to the converted though I get it. I will keep emailing them in a reasonable manner to ask for at least some neutrality. If enough of us threaten to cancel they will have to listen. But yes as a rule %^*& sky sports and their politically correct wet fart self righteous propaganda

Fair point.

But Rangers are not seen as a minority.

They are seen as a political and sectarian punchbag.

If Wednesday night doesn't prove that, with official Hibs TV, what else needs to happen before action is taken?

As for Nil By Mouth? and Fare? and The Runnymede Trust? if we had been run properly by proper Rangers people this hatred would have been nipped in the bud.

We weren't.

Regards the press? We should control or make sure their narrative is deemed to be fair. Decades of negligence by our club mean that's not happeneing, maybe even never again.

Only when the club speaks out can they refuse to ignore it.

Take it to them.

We must, if we were politically astute, have a dossier that makes War and Peace look like the Metro.

We're not that poitically astute yet.

If we ever will be?
You describe us as they? Well I’m of the opinion that decent, law abiding, just normal Scots have been leapfrogged by the people that have a deep dislike of us. Apathy is the thing that has led us to the point where anti Rangers/union people hold all the offices of power. We are a majority but a very silent majority and I hope that changes very soon

I'd go further personally and ban Crocker and Walker from Ibrox.

How many times have these two fuckers pushed the narrative to get our players retrospectively punished for challenges that they instantly dismiss when our players are on the receiving end ?
This would force sky’s hand

no access for those two let them know in advance like one hour before ko

no more rangers enough is enough

It’s the fat bastard Crocker that is the problem
He has been commentating on Scottish football for well over 10 years and has been completely sucked into the mentally challenged mindset by Provan and Walker
He needs to be replaced so that the next guy coming in gets the message
It’s ok to have an opinion not an agenda
This is not just coming from crocker and walker. They have their producer in their ear telling them to run with it and that they are going to keep re running the video of the incident.
This is a editorial decision higher up in sky sports, the two arseholes on screen cannot possibly be doing this themselves.

I'd go further personally and ban Crocker and Walker from Ibrox.

How many times have these two fuckers pushed the narrative to get our players retrospectively punished for challenges that they instantly dismiss when our players are on the receiving end ?
110% Ban them from all Rangers games a pair of bitter and twisted halfwits

Back