Can we win both domestic cups this season?

The league isn’t done yet. One loss for them and it’s game on. We haven’t played well but gone on a great run. With players coming back and new signings (!) we will lift performances. The poets due a rough spell also. Still all to play for.

In your opinion?

And if we do, how is the season classed?
Yes, of course we can.

Given the title is almost certainly gone, this season cannot be classed as anything other than a failure. But that isn't Beale's fault.

Win both cups and the green shoots of recovery are there.

This could be very, very similar to 01/02 when McLeish came in after our title challenge was all but over.

Discounting the title that season, which was lost by Advocaat, McLeish went on to win the next five domestic trophies in a row.

If Beale could do the same that would be rather nice.

Depends on how we are looking come mid February.

Player’s fitness and signing or hopefully signings to hit the ground running so to speak

If those 2 above don’t happen then it will be purely on sheer grit and desire rather than turning up and pumping the shite

Absolutely. The league isn't even out of touch but is unlikely. However, I think Beale will have gotten enough out of the current squad, along with a couple of new guys, to be a big challenger. In fact, I am convinced by the time Jan is over we'll be in a really good place to go for both cups, at least.

We can but it will be a bit of a stretch. At the moment we are at best, about the level that mob in terms of quality, so each cup will be 50/50. One thing you can sat is that they are better at dealing with the dross than we are at the moment.

There's only 2 teams challenging realistically so why not?
That second team have went through what seems to be a strange mid season rebuild.

6 in all of whom are deemed starters and not in to settle in for next season?

That centre half was a weird one, the beggars I know rated him as better than the other CBs at their cess pit.

Strikers in and out, defence reshaped and what they are picking up on is the quickness in how the grease ball either loves a player or doesn’t rate him at all.

I was winding him up when I asked that wasn’t he concerned that for example the best performing right back in the league was punted and replaced by Ralston and that thing from Canada, a striker who is physical and scored goals punted for a gamble on a Asian striker?

Midfield unsettles with mooy. Michael Myers and hitachi being the main men, when one of them drop out the front three fill in even though they have 3 new players not getting a kick. I find that strange and would be considered if it was us however you would look at the 9 point gap as a buffer to take said risk.

Jota is leaving either This window but definitely the next which is why he has been benched, it kinda leads you to look back at the Turkey and chips man’s record which is 12 - 16 months and then implode.

My hope is that they lose and draw and game before we meet again, if their form continues then we will beat them in the LC final and all of a sudden that rebuild was insane

Of course we can. And if we do, the season is still classed as a failure because we didn't win the league. That's just the way it is. Doesn't mean anybody needs to be blamed or sacked tho.

It’s an absolute necessity. We’ve already given ourselves a mountain to climb in the league, so if we don’t win both cups, they’re on for a second league and cup double/potentially a treble in 2 years which is unacceptable.

Roofe, Hagi & Colak returning, in addition to Cantwell, hopefully Raskin and one other attacking option gives us good depth for the rest of the season. That's in addition to Souttar coming back.

We'd still need to sell a few and at least 3 or 4 quality additions in the summer, but suddenly we're in a better place than we thought we'd be.

Yes we can win the cups but to be honest that would be only small comfort to me. We really need to start winning our league more often.

Last edited:
Back