Candeias and Kent would have made a difference

Dwel26

I think that the 2 of them would have made a difference last night.
There would have been a bit more creativity had they been available.

Tav never looks as effective without his mate Candeias and down the left I think Kent cutting in to the middle of the park would have left more room for Barasic to create more on the left.

Even one of them would have been huge for us.

It was patently obvious early on we missed natural experienced width.

Middleton tried but was well marshalled and then lacked experience to know how to counter the rapid tactics.

Also just injecting some pace into ournplay in the break. As a few chances we got it and you could see no one had natural pace to make a burst and create separation from a marker

I agree with that but we are still short of a good number 10, trouble is they cosy money. I think Gerrard is still learning about his players and he would of learnt so much last few weeks.

Im not sure either would have made a huge difference, we can’t do anything through the middle and that’s where we need to hurt teams. I’m afraid I don’t get the fuss over Kent, he’s a decent option and the only loan guy who has really looked up for it, but he’s not a world beater and was never outstanding - his stats reflect that.

Tav never looks as effective without his mate Candeias and down the left I think Kent cutting in to the middle of the park would have left more room for Barasic to create more on the left.

Agree.

I don't care what the stats say, we are better with Kent in the team. I feel his injury has been a big loss to us.

Even just having Candeias would have helped last night, he is the link down the right side.

I’m not so sure it’s necessarily the players available that’s the whole problem. It’s getting clearer that the formation we employ isn’t lending itself to goals.

A poster on here put out a brilliant post recently about our lack of goal scoring despite getting the ball wide and putting so many balls into the box.

Teams packing the box like Dundee, like the Sheep are cutting our legs out from under us because we can’t deliver the quality of ball, or have the skill on the other end to get on the end of the cross.

We need another solution, or at least the ability to vary the way we set up.

aye they probably would of , despite all the doom and gloom on here i think we are only a good central/attacking mid away from a pretty good side and another striker would really help.

we're not far off despite some thinking we're a disaster

Agree.

I don't care what the stats say, we are better with Kent in the team. I feel his injury has been a big loss to us.

Even just having Candeias would have helped last night, he is the link down the right side.
then why was the vast majority shouting for him to be replaced before he got injured, offered nothing was the general consensus, short f uckin memories

Definitely, at this level we need all our best players on the pitch and a bit of luck.Unfortunately we got neither last night.

Candeias certainly would have. He’s been brilliant in Europe.

Middleton a fantastic prospect but not ready for starting game after game quite yet. Would have had Grezda starting out there although I see, with the formation, GM’s pace was our outball.

Proud of the players, all of them, for the European efforts and will be a huge boost up the learning curve for a young squad.

Injuries and suspensions are part and parcel of football.

It's how you adapt and respond to those issues that separates the good sides from average ones.

We just don't have the quality or squad depth - given a turn around of 32 players in the summer and one transfer window, that's not hard to take in.

Our midfield players very rarely make it into the box. That leaves Alfredo on his own and makes it difficult to get goals.

Obviously forgotten about but so would have Murphy. We need to get better of course as a squad but we just have Totton luck at times.

Neither if them can cross a ball, Candeias on would have seen him and Tav play little passes back and forward all night with both undecided on who should cross it in.

We need to change our game plan as it doesn't work, we play a game where we cross the ball in but we don't have player who can cross the ball or a target man striker to cross it to.

Im not sure either would have made a huge difference, we can’t do anything through the middle and that’s where we need to hurt teams. I’m afraid I don’t get the fuss over Kent, he’s a decent option and the only loan guy who has really looked up for it, but he’s not a world beater and was never outstanding - his stats reflect that.

If we'd had either of them, I doubt we'd have set up in the same way and would've gone with the 4-3-3 that has served us well in Europe. Arfield would have played centrally rather than out wide where he would have had more influence on the game.

Said last night during the game, if only Candeias was playing he would be giving that defence an absolute nightmare of a time, but then again we always miss him when he's out.

For the sake of the lad, Glen Middleton should not be a starter in the Rangers first team. No offence to the lad and I know he is "young" but he is like a wee boy lost out there. SG needs to take him out the side until, he develops further. Not ready - at all.

Back