Candeias

55degreesnorth

I know he splits opinion on wether or not he's good enough (I've always been in the "yes he is" camp) but for any doubters and those that say he doesn't contribute enough to the team thats a hat trick of assists tonight added to the second highest assist tally in the league last season. No player can be everyones cup of tea, but Stevie Wonder can see that DC is a great asset to us. Nevermind the fact that he cost less than a million quid, wingers are inconsistent but when they're on song they provide as DC dod tonight. Love the wee man!

Very critical of him after Saturday not a massive fan in all honesty but he was good tonight. Needs to go put a run together now

he's an excellent option in the squad, there is no doubt of that. However, his effectiveness is limited in certain games, that's the manager's job to recognise which ones, and adjust accordingly. But definitely worth keeping in the squad.

I'm a big Daniel Candeias fan.

Different types of players, but he reminds me of Pieter Huistra in the sense that he never gets the credit he deserves and is an easy target to blame when things don't work out.

By the time Candeias leaves us, hopefully with a good few medals in his pocket, the majority of fans will look back and recognise that he was an excellent signing for us.

I’m a big fan.

But I’m not sure he plays every week in a title winning side. We simply can’t play 433 where one of your front 3 averages 4 goals a season, especially once Morelos leaves.

If Daniels deliveries were better, maybe down to too few options in the box also, but for me he wastes an awful lot of balls into the box, too short or over the goals, if he could deliver like Barišić (I know he had some stinkers tonight also, but usually his deliveries are tight), then he would be an outstanding player.

He works very hard and supports Tav heavily, I like him a lot as a player, the only thing being that he needs to work on his deliveries AND shoot FFS, if you can't see a delivery into the box, whip it in at the keeper as you will scores from time to time.

He should be relegated to a Hemdani status of being used in certain games/scenarios.

He has great attributes but the glaring gap in goals and assists between their attacking midfielders and ours cannot be ignored.

He should be relegated to a Hemdani status of being used in certain games/scenarios.

He has great attributes but the glaring gap in goals and assists between their attacking midfielders and ours cannot be ignored.

ctjld.jpg

Once you sober up I'm just curious as to who you think is better at playing in his position currently?

Have slated him in previous weeks but those crosses were outstanding he just needs to do it week in week out..

Gives 110% cant fault him on that

Played superb last night

Needs a bit more consistency and Kamara behind him will help him Imo

Seems to play better when Alfredo is in team
I think the reason is that he whips so many balls accross the 6 yard box. You need a physical striker to get himself into that area without being bullied or blocked by the opposing centre halfs. The guy next to me criticises him all the time with "who was that meant for?" when ultimately it's the strikers job to make sure they're getting on the end of it.

The last two games before last night was the first time I’ve openly criticised him, which amazed my mate as he knows my man love for Candeias but we definitely got the best of him last night.

Still think he could take on his man more often instead of always looking for a cross. The Rugby Park game was infuriating as he ended up in a 1 on 1 scenario quite a lot but never had a go at his man.

He was good last night.

But he's too inconsistent. He needs to be creating and scoring a lot more frequently.

The difference between guys like Candeias and poster boys like Barisic etc is simple
When candieas is having a bad game, he still works his arse off for the team & supports Tav immensely. There’s a reason he plays more often than not and that’s because the manager trusts him that he will bust a gut to help us win matches. People criticising the crossing might also consider its extremely difficult to find 1 fairly short striker in a box occupied by a goalie, 4 defenders & usually more.

He baffles me. Some of his decision making and crossing is awful. Then he comes up with the goods. He defo can do it but doesn’t do it Enough for me.

I'm in the 'highly rate him' category
I'll concede he isn't always as effective as last night- but few if any work harder - he always puts in a shift & always is a 90 + minute player
Even when he isn't quite at his best - he's still capable of turning a game
Like I said I rate him highly - glad we've got him

Like many of our players if you could add real first-class technique to his application and work rate you would have a player we couldn’t afford.

Apart from Morelos. He has the lot.

He baffles me. Some of his decision making and crossing is awful. Then he comes up with the goods. He defo can do it but doesn’t do it Enough for me.

Too many weeks like this to be a permanent fixture. Sick of the fucking sight of him wasting cross after cross, match after match.

Candeias had a great game against Kilmarnock.
He seems to have a good understanding with Morelos and can often find him with a pass or a cross.
Maybe we should be addressing whether he is of the same value to the team when Morelos is missing?

Never hides, gives 110%, his only problem is consistency but a very valuable member of our squad.
He just needs competition. Where we are with the quality of players we have, consistency will always be an issue. Usually it’s clear when he’ll have an off game. Having an alternative on the bench is what we need.

Back