Cantwell (Again)

I’m talking about impact on the team. Dessers despite being rotten has scored a lot of goals. Cantwell has done nothing of note and has a good game every couple of months yet some fans think he’s outstanding. It’s really weird the acclaim he gets.
He has 23 goal involvements in his 61 games for us. I'd say that points to better than a good game every couple of months.

He has 23 goal involvements in his 61 games for us. I'd say that points to better than a good game every couple of months.
This season he has 12. That’s a goal involvement every 215 mins from our number 10 who some people claim is our best player. That’s pretty shite.

He looked decent last season but he can’t live off that.

Dessers has a goal involvement every 112 mins

You will have to explain what Cantwell actually offers. You might need to also let Clement know as he’s usually the first one to be subbed.

He was excellent against Hearts in the second half. What other games recently has he been good?
Why would I have to explain what he offers do you not watch games if this isn't a bam up then there really is no point in debating. To many people listen to nonetieies like Sutton who are clearly at the wine up and actually believe this garbage.

Why would I have to explain what he offers do you not watch games if this isn't a bam up then there really is no point in debating. To many people listen to nonetieies like Sutton who are clearly at the wine up and actually believe this garbage.
So you can’t explain? He doesn’t offer goals or assist so what does he offer? Some nice twirls? People actually think he is our best player yet he fails to impact games pretty much every week.

What did he do today? Silva was far better and actually contributed but gets dogs abuse.

So you can’t explain? He doesn’t offer goals or assist so what does he offer? Some nice twirls? People actually think he is our best player yet he fails to impact games pretty much every week.

What did he do today? Silva was far better and actually contributed but gets dogs abuse.
Lol can't explain? Do you watch Rangers if you do then you'd not be posting this nonsense,stop listening to Sutton and co.

I think we need to start him wide next week and have Lawrence in the central position. He would be in my starting line up for sure. Need more of an end product from him I would say though.
I certainly wouldn't do that. Lawrence doesn't have the legs or positional sense to be starting big games for us.

Lol can't explain? Do you watch Rangers if you do then you'd not be posting this nonsense,stop listening to Sutton and co.
Yes I watch Cantwell running around doing nothing every week other than nice tricks in our own half and giving away free kicks. Not sure what you watch though.

He is supposedly our best player and is our number 10 yet offers zero threat pretty much every week. Lawrence was on the park for 20 mins and scored a goal and setup another with no tricks in sight.

If you think he’s a great player then fair enough but there is zero evidence to back that up.

This season he has 12. That’s a goal involvement every 215 mins from our number 10 who some people claim is our best player. That’s pretty shite.

He looked decent last season but he can’t live off that.

Dessers has a goal involvement every 112 mins
So we've gone from a good game every 2 months, to a goal involvement every 2 and a bit games.

I'd love to see more from him, but I believe he's part of the solution to winning things, not part of the problem.

I certainly wouldn't do that. Lawrence doesn't have the legs or positional sense to be starting big games for us.
Lawrence or Cantwell shouldn’t be starting next week. We need to have a solid midfield 3.

Midfield of Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling is a must if we want any chance of winning the midfield battle.

Cantwell will just get caught up in the occasion again and do nothing like he has in every other old firm appearance.

So we've gone from a good game every 2 months, to a goal involvement every 2 and a bit games.

I'd love to see more from him, but I believe he's part of the solution to winning things, not part of the problem.
You are trying to justify our “best player” impacting a game every 215 mins. That’s a dreadful record for our number 10 who is supposed to create and score goals.

If Clement gets his own players in then Cantwell won’t be playing much IMO. If he was that important he wouldn’t be subbed first every week.

It's ok, but needs to be much better for someone like him who clearly has an eye for a pass. O'Riley has 15 goals and 17 assists this season in 45 games, TC needs to be matching this type of return or Clement will find someone more impactful and he'll end up on the bench or sold.

You are trying to justify our “best player” impacting a game every 215 mins. That’s a dreadful record for our number 10 who is supposed to create and score goals.

If Clement gets his own players in then Cantwell won’t be playing much IMO. If he was that important he wouldn’t be subbed first every week.
I never said he was our best player, though a goal or goal involvement every other game is generally viewed as being a good return, I'm not sure why Cantwell is excluded from that.

I like that you see him being subbed as some kind of 'Gotcha'
Let's completely ignore the fact that it means he starts most games.

I never said he was our best player, though a goal or goal involvement every other game is generally viewed as being a good return, I'm not sure why Cantwell is excluded from that.

I like that you see him being subbed as some kind of 'Gotcha'
Let's completely ignore the fact that it means he starts most games.
Look at the post above. That’s a player signed from MK Dons who is showing what an old firm number 10 should be doing in this league. No fannying about with tricks and flicks in his own half, just impacting games with goals and assists.

And that’s from a player who had a spell of being utter dog shit for a couple of months after the winter break.

The sight of Tav trying to smooth his ruffled feathers when Cantwell was subbed today, only reinforces the idea that the player shouldn't be in the manager's future plans. It's not enough to devote high energy to a game when, largely, it doesn't serve any particular construct. Running around with flashy boots with the odd pirouette thrown in, doesn't warrant you being on the field for 90 minutes or more. If Todd wants success, I think he'd find it better at English Championship level. You don't have to be humble to be a great player (Baxter), and you can be great and humble too (Greig), but greatness (and the right to remain on the park) isn't conferred - it's earned.
Bagman

Sadly our support feels the need to constantly have a whipping boy. For some weird reason the press have managed to brain wash some of our support to make Cantwell the new target.
It’s not the media’s fault that Cantwell isn’t very good

Tbh, I'm quite happy with the result as killie have been no mugs this season and I do actually believe that a few teams in the league are no longer running scared of the old firm. Not a bad thing really.

To me the midfield issues we suffer are more down to the manager set up than any individual player. Clement likes to by pass the midfield with his set up and it doesn’t suit cantwell at all.

Cantwell would thrive in a team that attacking players play in triangles, connect with each other but clement seems to like a direct approach. If he wants to be a direct manager he’s going to need to change a lot of the personnel.

Look at the post above. That’s a player signed from MK Dons who is showing what an old firm number 10 should be doing in this league. No fannying about with tricks and flicks in his own half, just impacting games with goals and assists.

And that’s from a player who had a spell of being utter dog shit for a couple of months after the winter break.
Do you want to know why O’Reilly has impacted them so much? Because his manager plays to his strengths.

Under clement we by pass the midfield for the most part. We don’t really have patterns of play in our team other than going long at times.

They tend to play with the ball far more on the ground and getting their midfield involved in the game. We don’t. Clement clearly wants to play a direct footballing team, in that team a no10 probably isn’t going to be a cantwell type, it’s square pegs in round holes.

I’m going to go full Lundstram here (it’s where every error gets routed back to something he did in the build up to a goal). If you look at the build up to the Killie goal, he basically makes no effort to break down a second ball and Killie break and then score.

The sight of Tav trying to smooth his ruffled feathers when Cantwell was subbed today, only reinforces the idea that the player shouldn't be in the manager's future plans. It's not enough to devote high energy to a game when, largely, it doesn't serve any particular construct. Running around with flashy boots with the odd pirouette thrown in, doesn't warrant you being on the field for 90 minutes or more. If Todd wants success, I think he'd find it better at English Championship level. You don't have to be humble to be a great player (Baxter), and you can be great and humble too (Greig), but greatness (and the right to remain on the park) isn't conferred - it's earned.
His performance at Parkhead really put the doubt in him for me.

But I thought he was probably MOM today and at Hampden via Hearts.

At times he always holds onto the ball a bit to long and misses the right time to release..

Today I wanted him to hold onto the ball but as I feel that's the best way to beat a packed box..create chaos with a dribble

Feel sorry forWhat a walloper you are with that comment, some rangers fan…
If you think Camtwell is a Rangers player you have never seen a genuine Rangers team
Feel sorry for youngsters that have become acclimatised to.the club being perennial losers.

Lawrence or Cantwell shouldn’t be starting next week. We need to have a solid midfield 3.

Midfield of Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling is a must if we want any chance of winning the midfield battle.

Cantwell will just get caught up in the occasion again and do nothing like he has in every other old firm appearance.
I'd go with that midfield.

Sadly, Sterling will have to play left back and we will go with 2 number 6 and Cantwell as a 10.

no its not absolute nonsense. what I described happened.

as for the last comment, I don't give a shit if he cares, I care, you care, but its a team game and Cantwell goes into business for himself constantly and drifts from the structure. He has been removed once already for going into business for himself.

if others had similar mindsets to float out of position constantly trying World Cup Willie flicks etc, it would be chaos. But he cares so wire in.

If he is going to do his own thing then he better be that guy! Sadly, Cantwell isn't that guy!
Do you know the tactics that phil has told him ? I'm guessing not

From a footballing side , yes he loses the ball but that because he is trying something different. I could rock up in my forties and play a safe 2 yard square or back pass all day long, doesn't mean I'm better than him.

Break it down. He presses constantly or as you state, runs aimlessly, because Dessers can't press a back line himself. It's the 10s job to support with energy. Either that or he drops and presses in midfield, but again, I doubt that's what phil has asked. He loses the ball, because he tries to take on his man , with 'world cup willy' ( never heard that in my life) skills. Guess what, if aren't breaking teams down with our pedestrian passing, someone has to stand his marker up and try to break lines.

As said earlier, cantwell is the least of our issues but he gets in the neck because he actually tries something different. We need players on a similar wave length and for me the gap is too big. Diomonde, cantwell, Silva, even dessers are not being found appropriately but the championship dross we are left with. Lundstrum is done. Tav isn't far behind. Borna will have a phantom injury this week anyway. Souttar is steady but not world beating, Balogun is older than me. Sterling is a full back who is energetic. Only natural wingers fit are MacAusland and Wright.

But its all Cantwells fault.

For me, Cantwell doesn't effect the game anywhere near enough. I'm not a massive fan of his at all and can't understand why some people think he is outstanding.

However, the support are having a nightmare with our own players just now and actually helping to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I remember the 2002/03 run in and Ibrox was rocking and really drove the players on. Now it's becoming a negative influence.

We need to get behind the players we have left.

Really needs to bring something tangible to the table for this run in. You want the adulation Todd, let's see the best of you when it really matters.

When we first signed him I honestly thought we'd won a watch and he easily be the best player in the league. He's since proved that he can't be consistent enough to play that position.

Cantwell should be playing in the EPL for a mid-top level side.

He's isn't because his ego tells him he's better than he is, that he needs to be the centre of everything, and he takes too many touches and slows the play down when he should be playing a quicker pass.

I'd love to be proven wrong but we don't win titles with that midfield trio of Cantwell, Lundstram and Dio and we definitely wont win at the piggery with these players.

Dare I say it but Dio looks like he's on a different wavelength to the other two at points, he's not been brutalised to the SPFL way of slow, backward passes behind a team mate. Though I'm sure he'll get there in time.

I thought cantwell was one of our bettwr players today until he got taken off. I was actually a bit annoyed him and sterling were subbed but it worked out in the end.
Such a frustrating player.. he had a decent game today, always gives 100% and is arguably the team's most technical player. When on form and disciplined, he's our key man, like when he dominated Hearts at Hampden.
But, and it's a big BUT, his positional awareness and off the ball play is often awful imo, and sometimes comes across as a headless chicken on redbull. If he's not playing as a second striker, 3 yds from Dessers and leaving huge gaps in midfield, he's popping up at left and right back chasing the ball, making it harder to play out on the counter if we do regain possession. Same when we're in possession wide and he's suddenly crowding out the full back and winger, leaving no-one central except Dessers.
I know a talented '10' has to get about a bit, but he just takes it too far

Why do a lot of our fans dislike our players?

Really don't know where you start with this p1sh!
People have really sad lives and want to take their frustrations and prejudices out on young mean who play for the team they claim to love

It’s why the atmosphere at Ibrox is pathetic.

Why do a lot of our fans dislike our players?

Really don't know where you start with this p1sh!
On one hand I get it, it’s now unlikely we will win the league so criticism is only natural, and in some cases warranted, I’m as gutted about our collapse as the next Bear.

However for some it’s like a pastime, everyone and anyone gets it, and it becomes boring monotonous shite, this place becomes harder to be in, we won 4-1 yesterday against a hard to beat side and there’s just as many negative threads as positive ones,

He’s trying to be some sort sort of maverick #10, and is nowhere near good enough to do it.

It also totally disrupts our structure as it leaves us outnumbered in midfield most of the game.

Our best performances of the season (5-0 v Hearts, Betis away) were secured minus Cantwell.

If he starts next week, it’s back to his wife role. He can impact the final third, but he needs to be disciplined.

Where in both games we player Big John & Sterling together, we played brilliant in both games

Feels like Saturday is a massive game for Cantwell. Most can see we can't afford to give up the midfield by playing a number 10 so the likely position for him would be wide but will the manager take the risk after how he played on the right against Limassol.

He is obviously a good player but I have never been convinced he is best as a central attacking mid. If he had played all his games on the left for us I think he would be on double figures for goals and assists easily and there would be no debate over what he brings to the team.

A frustrating player, he has the skills and passing ability, his main problem is his decision making, he too often makes the wrong pass and loses the momentum.

Back