Cantwell sub - stop taking him off

He's very average, not a bad player at all but a million miles away from being one of our key players in the 10 role next few seasons.

I can see why the manager probably doesn't rate him.
I suspect Clement thinks he’s a bit too ‘showy’ at times and just wants players to keep it simple, but I’m in complete agreement with the OP - he’s the only player we have capable of a bit of magic.

I'd consider playing him wide, get Sterling in the middle, he'd offer far more than Silva or Wright?

Clement tried him wide, he took him off about half an hour in to a game because he wasn’t doing what he was meant to.

I don’t actually know what his position is but at present looks a luxury we can’t afford to have in the team.

Clement tried him wide, he took him off about half an hour in to a game because he wasn’t doing what he was meant to.

I don’t actually know what his position is but at present looks a luxury we can’t afford to have in the team.
Maybe he's learned his lesson, it's worth a try as Wright and Silva are giving us zero, get Sterling central and have a more solid, energetic midfield.

I suspect Clement thinks he’s a bit too ‘showy’ at times and just wants players to keep it simple, but I’m in complete agreement with the OP - he’s the only player we have capable of a bit of magic.
I don’t think he provides much magic at all , hasn’t scored many goals and hasn’t made many assists all season. There’s way too many players in our team who just breeze through games and their reputations aren’t deserved la

We’re just recycling players hoping that one has a positive ‘moment’ over the course of a game. Hence, the reappearance of Wright, for example.

He was just beginning to get space and make things happen. Was surprised to see him come off at that time.

Doesn't help Lawrence comes on to potter about.

He’s not doing enough to keep himself on.

And Lawrence isn’t doing enough either

Need to overhaul the transfer policy. If they ain't burning the English championship up they ain't good enough for us.

Someone said Lawrence is on 28k a week ?

As for Silva 33m Wolves paid for him ? Was that in Lire printed by the mafioso in Naples ?

I don’t think he provides much magic at all , hasn’t scored many goals and hasn’t made many assists all season. There’s way too many players in our team who just breeze through games and their reputations aren’t deserved la
Butland aside not one of our others players is of the level we want and need, but Cantwell remains the one player we do have capable of running at defences and creating chances.

Last week he was very good, today he wasn’t. And that’s our problem. We need players who can string three or four good games in a row together, not the other way around.

Yeah, i get that feeling myself.

If Cantwell was banging the goals in and creating chances for others game in game out then he would have license to flick and trick as much as he wanted, but he isn't.

In Cantwell's defence, he is booted up and down the place, he can handle himself, he isn't a show pony.

He’s capable of moments of greatness but he’s really inconsistent.

If anyone offers us money for him then I’d take it.
Isn’t that the nature of a number 10?

Clearly isn’t a role to play it safe, so he will regularly attempt to create things. Sometimes it will come off, sometimes it won’t. If it came off each time, he wouldn’t be in Scotland. The point is to compliment him with alternatives for when it isn’t working.

Yeah, i get that feeling myself.

If Cantwell was banging the goals in and creating chances for others game in game out then he would have license to flick and trick as much as he wanted, but he isn't.

In Cantwell's defence, he is booted up and down the place, he can handle himself, he isn't a show pony.
He does have a tendency to overdo it though.

For example, when he’s closed down by a defender and there’s a simple pass on to get him out of it, frequently he appears reluctant to take it and instead wants to try and beat the other player. I suspect that’s what might irritate Clement.

I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he moves on in the summer.

He does have a tendency to overdo it though.

For example, when he’s closed down by a defender and there’s a simple pass on to get him out of it, frequently he appears reluctant to take it and instead wants to try and beat the other player. I suspect that’s what might irritate Clement.

I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he moves on in the summer.
He does sometimes look to do too much, he can be quite greedy at times and at others he is way out of position chasing down balls that others should be taking responsibility for. Maybe they would if Cantwell wasn't in the way?

So ok, he is putting the effort in, but it is also clearly to the detriment of the team at times. That is something that will grind with PC. He talks about the team, not the individual, so i can see Cantwell's style grate on the manager.

I do like Cantwell though. If i was making a list of keeps and flips from this squad, Cantwell would be a keep. Obviously, any of them would be for sale if the price was right.

Butland aside not one of our others players is of the level we want and need, but Cantwell remains the one player we do have capable of running at defences and creating chances.

Last week he was very good, today he wasn’t. And that’s our problem. We need players who can string three or four good games in a row together, not the other way
I agree Cantwell is one of the only players that’s fit that can run at defenders but don’t think k he’s good at creating chances, his final ball at times is poor and I think that’s down to him over doing it and that gives defences time to get back and fill the spaces.
It goes back to that slow build up we seem to have. Maybe when we have a fully fit Sima and someone on the other side who’s similar it will make us play with more urgency and pace going forward and benefit players like Cantwell

Ever considered it was to keep him available for the rest of the games rather than risking him for the 90 every week? Let’s face it, he’s not bringing Lawrence on because he thinks he’ll do better.

He needs better players round him. Our wide players offer nuffin today added in with the 2 centre mids offering nuffing as well.

He wasn't doing great but Lawrence is worse as an option. Used to see Lawrence as a real quality player but he's looked miles off the standard required.

I thought he was poor again today. Doesn’t create, doesn’t influence games enough and doesn’t score enough. Missed two chances he should have buried

FF said £30 million and he was the best player ever he’s bang average like most of the players that ply their trade in the English Championship

He’s our only forward player capable of a bit magic.

Stop taking him off Phil.
His subs are the same almost every game doesn’t matter what happens on the pitch , to be honest I enjoy watching Cantwell as he’s capable of something different but his final ball and goal scoring record is dreadful for an attacking midfielder . Decent fee and punt him

He’s our only forward player capable of a bit magic.

Stop taking him off Phil.
Too often that bit of magic is a disappearing act. We need whoever is playing that role to have a much bigger influence on games and much more consistently than Cantwell.

He has played wide left most of his career but here he doesn't,just another in a long line of players playing out with their positions.

Back