Captain next season

Blendz Bears

Personally I'd like to see Butland be Captain next season, if he's not sold for rebuild money. Out with that I'm not sure who be captain unless club bring in one worthy during summer. But has to be one constantly representing club with heart on his sleeve.

Butland will be away, can always tell when the teams doing the end of season walk round the park what players know they are away. He's been a fantastic player for us and I hope he can get back in the England squad next season.
TV didn’t show Butland, did he show any signs he was saying goodbye for good during the walk round?

My gut feeling is Tav will be away, so a new captain will be required.
Not a big fan of keepers being captain. I know Klos was, but I think a captain is more effective as an outfield player.
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we missed the boat not signing Lewis Ferguson. He would have been a natural replacement.
Definitely going to be an interesting summer.

My gut feeling is Tav will be away, so a new captain will be required.
Not a big fan of keepers being captain. I know Klos was, but I think a captain is more effective as an outfield player.
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we missed the boat not signing Lewis Ferguson. He would have been a natural replacement.
Definitely going to be an interesting summer.
IF there is to be a new captain, centre mid would be my preference.

I think it has to be a new captain, but I personally can't see a candidate among current players who I believe will be at the club next season. Butland I'm certain will leave. Of those that I think are likely to remain, promoting Sterling seems sudden. Souttar doesn't quite seem like the type and for me isn't a guaranteed starter. I could see it benefitting Cantwell but I don't think he's there in maturity. The player we want Raskin to be is captain material, the reality is he hasn't impressed enough, has had too many injuries and still feels like a newcomer as well as still being pretty young. Lawrence looks like he doesn't have the legs. Dessers is well placed to take on the Tav mantle of "likeable guy who contributes but also gets slated constantly" but I don't think that's what we're looking for. I think we need to sign somebody who is captain material.

Sterling as captain ?

Someone will have to explain that to me.

Doesn’t come across as the blood and thunder type we crave.

Unless you’re sold on the fact he said “we’ve been shit” in a press conference

Because he played well on Saturday that’s why folk are touting him as Captain.

There is no one in the current team worthy of being a Rangers Captain. We need to go and bring someone in to the back line or midfield who would be classed as a signature signing, a leader and winner who will push the standard up a level. Unfortunately they all cost €50m upwards these days so hopefully the scouting team have been doing their homework.

I’ve no idea why so many are convinced Butland will be going. He’s expressed no interest in leaving, clearly loves the club, we have given him first team football and potentially CL football, definitely European football. Yes bids might come in and there may be. Temptation, but given his age and he will have made a lot of money so far if you can’t offer much of the above then I don’t think he’d be tempted unless for personal/family reasons. The likes of Forrest would be a non starter in my opinion. As for captain he is definitely a leader, but I prefer captains to be outfield players.

Back