Cardiff City interested in Michael Beale for managers job - BBC Report

More like the BBC trying to strike up more unrest in the Rangers camp.

Difference with this article is that it’s written by Rob Phillips of BBC Wales. He’s the South Wales football correspondent and is very well connected/informed down here. And he’d certainly not have any kind of agenda against Rangers.

Beale is exactly what Cardiff need and what the fans are calling for following the dinosaur football of Mick McCarthy, Neil Harris and (not as much believe it or not) Neil Warnock. And I still have nightmares about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, wonder how he’s doing these days?

Doubt it’s a goer myself as there’s no-one in the hierarchy of the club with any football nous or experience - so to even look at an up & coming bright young coach like MB seems unlikely to me.

Would he go? I’m pretty sure he’d like a chance of being the No.1 at some stage and the £900k pa that McCarthy is on may be tempting.

Mick Beale isn’t under the radar. His talents are hugely well known and respected having worked at Liverpool, Chelsea and in South America and written coaching manuals.

I'm well aware of Beale's reputation in the game, but teams like Cardiff will feel pressure to appoint someone with managerial experience (as in the person in charge of footballing operations at a football club) - they wouldn't normally go for someone with experience as an assistant or first team coach. Perhaps 'outside the box' is better than under the radar, but people won't immediately look to someone third in line at a Scottish football club and put them to the top of their list.

Cardiff is a great level for a first job - so I can see there being some temptation.

I'm sure he is aware of how highly he's rated though. He can go much further than that.

This thread is full of guys telling us he's a master tactician.

What actually are our tactics this season?

We're probably the most predictable team in the league.

This thread is full of guys telling us he's a master tactician.

What actually are our tactics this season?

We're probably the most predictable team in the league.
This seasons tactics have been puzzling or even non existent, we are slow and blunt as fvck atm.

I can see what hes trying to do with the team but we dont have the personel to deliver it, square pegs round holes

I can’t believe the hard-on some have on here for MB…..his ‘philosophy’ and tactics are what has seen us struggle to win even against the dross in this league for almost 3 seasons out of 4 in this league.

If Gerrard does go, I think we change bring in a new guy for sure.

Difference with this article is that it’s written by Rob Phillips of BBC Wales. He’s the South Wales football correspondent and is very well connected/informed down here. And he’d certainly not have any kind of agenda against Rangers.

Beale is exactly what Cardiff need and what the fans are calling for following the dinosaur football of Mick McCarthy, Neil Harris and (not as much believe it or not) Neil Warnock. And I still have nightmares about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, wonder how he’s doing these days?

Doubt it’s a goer myself as there’s no-one in the hierarchy of the club with any football nous or experience - so to even look at an up & coming bright young coach like MB seems unlikely to me.

Would he go? I’m pretty sure he’d like a chance of being the No.1 at some stage and the £900k pa that McCarthy is on may be tempting.

I‘d say you are correct on all counts. The thing that will stop Cardiff appointing someone like Beale is the fact that those running the club appear to have lost all interest / ambition and, as you say, they have zero football credentials that would suggest they could make an intelligent choice. They will make yet another uninspiring choice of someone on the experienced manager roundabout, who may save them from the spectre of relegation to League 1 this season, but have a mid table Championship season next year and then get fired. It’s a pretty sad situation for Bluebirds fans, I enjoy going to see Cardiff occasionally, the decline in standards and ambition has been very evident in recent times.

As for Beale, I think he’d be tempted to be the gaffer at Rangers but still think he’s more likely to follow Gerrard if he goes to Liverpool.

I‘d say you are correct on all counts. The thing that will stop Cardiff appointing someone like Beale is the fact that those running the club appear to have lost all interest / ambition and, as you say, they have zero football credentials that would suggest they could make an intelligent choice. They will make yet another uninspiring choice of someone on the experienced manager roundabout, who may save them from the spectre of relegation to League 1 this season, but have a mid table Championship season next year and then get fired. It’s a pretty sad situation for Bluebirds fans, I enjoy going to see Cardiff occasionally, the decline in standards and ambition has been very evident in recent times.

As for Beale, I think he’d be tempted to be the gaffer at Rangers but still think he’s more likely to follow Gerrard if he goes to Liverpool.

Bang on the money

Back