Caretaker for Wednesday

I've still got the fear that we're going to end up with McInnes or similar.

We have a board with no ambition or imagination.

If you're going the caretaker route you may as well let Vos take the next two matches. Hard to believe all of our dutch coaches don't have a clue how to set up a team to attack and Vos isn't someone who's been working with Gio for years like the rest.

If you're going the caretaker route you may as well let Vos take the next two matches. Hard to believe all of our dutch coaches don't have a clue how to set up a team to attack and Vos isn't someone who's been working with Gio for years like the rest.
You'd expect if he left, ALL his backroom staff would go with him

I know with our board the obvious doesn’t ever sink in until it’s too late, but surely they can now see it’s time up for Gio, no rangers manager should survive this.

So if he goes who do we bring in for short term for next 1 or 2 now must win games as caretaker / miracle worker?
Kevin Muscat in now

David McCallum!
Shankland hat trick is incoming!
Budge was maybe right about jam farts scoring 5 against us :mad:

Often wondered if he’d ever get chance again it was very unfair to judge him based on the way the club was being run back then much better managers would have struggled but I think that boat has sailed now been far too long a gap for him in management
I was being kind of flippant but if its just for 2 games he'd be as good as any

2 titles ,2 scottish cups 3 league cups plus last 16 of champions league.im sure he could cope until we get a permanent manager in.hes also a proper rangers man and knows the demands .he's a far better manager than gio that's a FACT.
Also been out the game for far far too long

FACT

Based on what?
He’s coached at Ibrox. He currently coaches, albeit at academy level, at Spurs.
He has a massive standing in the game, and is also currently an ambassador for Spurs. Was one of the world’s best strikers.

How’s that for starters?

Why would a talented young manager take a job for 2 weeks.
Or Kevin Thomson for that matter. Oh and while we’re here, the Neil McCann pish. Drop it. We’d be better with Ian Wright. At least he hasn’t shown abject failure as a manager.

In the board and even some fans bought into the idea that we were hot on their tails. We’ve been miles off it.
Yeh, the ones on this board who would say “we’re only 2 points behind”, followed by “we’re only 4 points behind”. It won’t be long until someone says there’s only 7 points in it so get behind him.

Im amazed that everyone thinks it’s going to be someone else

im afraid the only person going to be in change on wed is gio

Fck it why not something outside the box like Steven Davis Player/Manager in the interim.

Fan pressure will inevitably force Gio out but I think this board will wait till the last possible second to make a change in the hope Gio quits on his own before being sacked. They'll hope a toxic atmosphere on Wednesday might just be enough for him to walk.

I'd be shocked if they actually sacked him before the world cup.

Duncan Ferguson. Just because he might lay on a few players who'd richly deserve it.
You might jest, but I honestly think he would get much more out of the group of players currently available- despite his lack of experience in certain areas.

Is there a transfer window I haven't heard about during the World Cup?
2 titles ,2 scottish cups 3 league cups plus last 16 of champions league.im sure he could cope until we get a permanent manager in.hes also a proper rangers man and knows the demands .he's a far better manager than gio that's a FACT.
Sure he was on record before we had Gerrard saying he wanted to speak to Rangers but no one approached him or I could totally have dreamt that lol

Kris Boyd?
Yep he said Kris Boyd…. He also said Tigana which is almost more baffling. Odds on Muscat. I’d take bets on it from anyone who cares to wager. And if you’re not prepared to wager then don’t call it nonsense.

A league and Aus cup double, J league winner. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Craig Moore involved.

Back