Cascade at the Edmiston Club

Looking through the old Rangers News they had some well known acts. Tony Christie, The Drifters, Frank Carson. Even Suzie Quatro one night. Boxing nights and snooker competitions as well.

I worked behind the bar for a couple of years in the 90’s.
At the time I could tell you Cascade’s set list as I’d heard it so often!
Saw Bernard Manning one night, first half was so-so, but the second half when people were pished and heckling him, he was magnificent.
The night the drifters were on was bedlam, 500 middle aged women screaming like wee lassies.
Met most of the 9iar team, the highlight was having a beer and a chat with Gazza.
Heard a few tall tales about escapades by players but never personally witnessed any myself.

Some great memories from the club nights. Had my 18th in there and attended a few of the nights. My folks were in reg....but I never knew my mum got a mention in the news :D

I’m sure they were a regular Sunday afternoon band in the Masonic club in Burnbank (Hamilton) in the 1990’s.
Used to get a seat at the committee table due to my old man being on the committee. Cascade were brilliant and the club was rammed every week. Knew Des and lousile well.

Back