Castore Rangers Supporters Update - Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdingwall

Administrator
Castore Rangers Supporter Update

“It has been brought to our attention that a small number of the Pro Home Shirts have been dispatched early and in error through the Rangers online Store (these being different to the replica shirts, which are made in Turkey). This shirt was released in error as the Pro shirt (made in China) is not due for general release until 24th August. It is heartening to see that the comments are positive about both variants, however, we apologise for the confusion caused.

We would also like to address concerns highlighted regarding the Junior Lifestyle sweatshirts, which were sold in limited numbers in the Rangers Store. In order to meet both the high demand and short timescales required for an August release, the decision was taken to outsource the manufacture of this product to a third party, which is not common practice for CASTORE. This has caused some upset amongst fans, for which we apologise unreservedly. This item has now been withdrawn from sale and, should a refund be required, please speak to the security staff at the Rangers Store and they will allow you straight into store. Our staff will then be on hand and will of course be happy to action this for you.

Finally, we would like to reassure supporters we are planning to restock the Toddler kits as soon as possible. It has taken longer to re-stock this item but it will be available online and in store by the end of October. We are also working closely with the club to produce some infant/baby ranges. An infant/baby replica shirt is also in the pipeline although an exact date for release is still tbc.

We would like to again thank you for the your overwhelming support during the early days of this partnership, we are looking forward to building on the largely positive feedback. We would like to reassure you that CASTORE remains firmly committed to producing high quality products and are pleased to report that the feedback we have received thus far has been extremely complimentary on the vast majority of our Rangers items.

In the short period since our launch on 1st August, over 120,000 packages of Castore x Rangers have been successfully delivered to 35 countries. We remain humbled by the incredible support of the Rangers fans and are fully committed to delivering a best in class merchandise and retail operation that this famous club can be proud of.

We continue to welcome your feedback to assist us in refining and improving our products and services as our partnership progresses. We look forward to participating in a number of supporter forums in the coming weeks set-up by the club.”

So, those with a Chinese shirt got a better pro shirt than the Turkish replica shirts by mistake?

Cant see this going down too well - even if true.

I wonder how much they intend charging for the Chinese shirt on 24th August?

Go to the shop, exchange it and stop ripping a company to shreds who are giving the club millions and are clearly experiencing teething problems.

I'm not saying dont be unhappy and it is a bit inconvenient but people are falling over themselves to slate them on social media. What purpose that serves other than for attention I don't know.

Let them know your thoughts by all means but why plaster it all over social media? Strange behaviour.

So, hold on.

If this is true. Those with a Turkey top from pre-order will in fact have received the pro version, which is likely to be circa £100 when it’s released?

Layering more excuses on top of excuses. Hold your hands up lads and you’ll get more credit. Not a lot of that statement makes sense.

Go to the shop, exchange it and stop ripping a company to shreds who are giving the club millions and are clearly experiencing teething problems.

I'm not saying dont be unhappy and it is a bit inconvenient but people are falling over themselves to slate them on social media. What purpose that serves other than for attention I don't know.

Let them know your thoughts by all means but why plaster it all over social media? Strange behaviour.
Because Castore don’t like to reply to emails

My take is they outsourced production of some of the kits to keep up with demand. The first lot are lower quality than the ones they have now started pumping out from China.

The lifestyle gear is a bit of a snide attempt to shift some cheap branded gear for a healthy profit.

The statement is a shambles.

They are lying. The away and third strips bought for the wee man from shop are made in China and far better quality

I will be returning all purchases that were made in Turkey to shop tomorrow

I’m fuming and no way back now for Castore for me
What’s so annoying about your top? Mine is made in Turkey and is fine. Club are making money so I don’t see the big issue unless there is a major issue with the top

Outsourcing almost always compromises quality, especially short notice deals.
But timing contributed; COVID adversely impacted even long-standing, previously successful, supply chains. Not that excuses help fans with sub-standard merch.

Because Castore don’t like to reply to emails

Well go to shop and exchange it like any product you buy that isn't up to the standard you expect.

It's like a competition on social media to see who can slate them the most.

I know I wil get pelters for this but I'd just like to once again make clear I'm not saying be happy about it. But just do what you would do with any product and sort it.

Probably due to all the folk going overboard about Castore in the first place as if they were doing Rangers a favour. They are just a normal business.

I've not spoken about this, but that is absolute nonsense.

The away and third kits are all top quality, the Turkish batch of home kits are dreadful. To suggest that is a standard quality top you'll get for £60 is embarrassing.

The training gear from China is also significantly better, I don't recall there being a 'pro range' of training gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back