CB options for the scum game

InTheBoax

What's the likelihood that Balogun makes it after going off today?

We could very well be going into the game with Tav, Davies, Souttar and Barasic.

I’m glad Ben got his shooting boots sharpened for next week!
To be fair to Phil, we have very few options left in any department, and so Ben and John it is.
As an side who would have thought Souttar would be the fittest of the Centre halves this season?

True, I'd have laughed if you told me that before the start of the season.

Reactions: TQ3
Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz would at least give us balance defensively. Certainly better than 2 right footed players on the left constantly cutting inside and feeding the ball repeatedly right or central.

Soutter & Davies played at Parkhead in game we lost 2-3 a few years ago - and both gave away a goal.
Balogun pretty much shipped a goal last time we played them too. Sacrificed himself with a red card though.

Our center half options really aren’t great ahead of such a tough away game.

Our best form this season was when we were decimated by injuries. Whether it focussed our minds or made the manager come up with more tailored tactics we've been best when we've been up against it.

Our form dropped when we started to get players back and there were more options to pick from.

What's the likelihood that Balogun makes it after going off today?

We could very well be going into the game with Tav, Davies, Souttar and Barasic.
If it needs to be, then so be it.

Players will need to step up and Clement needs to instill the belief, system and tactics to succeed..

Just compete Rangers! Compete!

If Balogun is fit I'd go 3 at the back. We'll need extra protection due to how many chances the scum create down our flanks with ease, particularly down the right.

If Balogun isn't fit, pack the midfield for the extra protection a defence of Tav, Souttar, Davies and Yilmaz will need.

This is where the manager earns his money. Aye he's got a terrible hand to deal, but this is why he's paid the big bucks. Motherwell, Hearts and Killie were able to take points off them at the piggery and even our least valuable players would get into their first 11's.

Tav's always the one I worry about in these games . He really needs cover. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have Lundstram or Sterling leave a right dull one one on Mr moto early doors.

We’re on the bones of our arse option wise.
We might have to bring in a couple of the women’s team at this rate.

Back