Cedric Itten starts for Switzerland.

Big trier but he lacked any aggression, didn't use his size and strength advantage and generally looked a bit weak. I wasn't sad to see him go if I'm honest, he just didn't have it for us not for a lack of effort though

I remember watching that Motherwell game at an empty Ibrox on RTV and feeling that if we didn’t win we’d lose all momentum.

And for that he will forever be loved.

Great finisher btw.

True mate, I felt the same.

But I did also change into my lucky top at 70 minutes that day.

So credit where it’s due. :D

In all seriousness, watch that goal back.
That must be the loudest roar in a closed doors game there’s ever been.

Type of player that needs to be starting every week to get the best out of him. Was never going to get that here with Buff/Roofe.

Will always remember him for Motherwell at Ibrox, you could feel the tension in the stadium despite it being empty, thinking we are going to bottle it again. That goal changed changed the mentality from belief to confidence of winning the league.

It was impossible to judge him for us as he never got a proper run of games.

It wasn’t likely that he would with Morelos in the form that he was back then.

I remember watching that Motherwell game at an empty Ibrox on RTV and feeling that if we didn’t win we’d lose all momentum.

And for that he will forever be loved.

Great finisher btw.

Went completely tonto when his header hit the back of net. Gave the poor dug a fright lol.

HUGE goal, HUGE win. Right after the total calamity in Paisley as well, to balls up a shooty in at the league cup. The mentality of the group questioned again no doubt, having still won nothing up to that point.

Also they won their staggered treble the following day, so would have been a shit week all round had we not got those 3 points.

If we’re talking about Swiss players, can we have a look at the boy playing behind him last night Zeki Amdouni?

22, scored in both Swiss games this Int break.

Basel 22/23 - 22 apps, 6 goals, 3 assists
Lausanne 21/22 - 34 apps, 12 goals

Before he moves to Ligue 1/Bundesliga etc, this is the type of profile we should be going for.

If we’re talking about Swiss players, can we have a look at the boy playing behind him last night Zeki Amdouni?

22, scored in both Swiss games this Int break.

Basel 22/23 - 22 apps, 6 goals, 3 assists
Lausanne 21/22 - 34 apps, 12 goals

Before he moves to Ligue 1/Bundesliga etc, this is the type of profile we should be going for.
I'm restraining myself from any DOF comments.

This has maybe been asked before but do we have a sell on % for Itten. It would be classic Rangers for him to sign for Benfica for a crazy amount of money and we don’t have a sell on %.

giphy.gif

Didn't Gerrard admit or say that Itten and Roofe were brought in to replace Morelos and then we never sold him? Strange signing but he wasn't given much of a go.

I actually thought given a run he could have been a good player for us. Natural finisher but didn’t really work in the system played. Good luck to him.

I liked the big man and he was nowhere near as bad as painted by some.He is similar to Colak imo.

Will have to agree to disagree on that front.

He might have some ability, but if that ability disappears under the weight of mental pressures or homesickness then he's effectively no better than someone who is just a shit player.

His goal against Motherwell will always be deserving of credit and I wish him well. But the sight of him just looking utterly lost in some games will endure, especially that one up at Dingwall...

Slow, decent finisher, reasonable in the air, tries hard. Not quite at the level we require to progress.

Pick whichever player you want to fit the above.
So let's discount the fact he's scored 17 goals and scored two goals in a game five times and got us qualified for the Champions League, All that with being injured for two months.
What were you expecting in his first season?

Beale playing him as a right winger will not help him get goals, give him service and he will score.

So let's discount the fact he's scored 17 goals and scored two goals in a game five times and got us qualified for the Champions League, All that with being injured for two months.
What were you expecting in his first season?

Beale playing him as a right winger will not help him get goals, give him service and he will score.
Colak being played as a right winger?

I'm not discounting anything he has achieved for us. I was giving you my description of him (which included decent finisher). The only negative thing I said was he was slow. Do you disagree?

Colak being played as a right winger?

I'm not discounting anything he has achieved for us. I was giving you my description of him (which included decent finisher). The only negative thing I said was he was slow. Do you disagree?
Yes Beale played him on the right in the last game.
Agree he slow but if he had everything he would not be plying his trade in the Spfl.
I think he's done well this Season and the main reason we are still able to spend this coming window.
Play to his strengths and he will do fine at us.

Will have to agree to disagree on that front.

He might have some ability, but if that ability disappears under the weight of mental pressures or homesickness then he's effectively no better than someone who is just a shit player.

His goal against Motherwell will always be deserving of credit and I wish him well. But the sight of him just looking utterly lost in some games will endure, especially that one up at Dingwall...
Fair enough I don't recall him being homesick,he did get covid then another virus.I thought he contributed well given that he only started 6 league games and was more used as a sub.

Similar stature,both penalty box strikers,decent in the air and given the opportunity will provide a reasonable goal return.Weakness are similar in there link up play is not the best.
If we work to his strengths we have already seen in the Champions League qualification and also in the league he will get us a fair amount of goals.
Offers more than Itten did.
The idea of a striker dropping back and linking up play is not necessary if you have midfielders who can slip a pass in.
He also did it well with his link-up against Hibs and PSV when we played him right.

Back