Cedric itten

Thought he showed glimpses of talent in his limited time last season, but hes completely regressed and seems to have no confidence. For someone so physically big he doesn't use it enough, if he had a bit more aggression it would help.

Obviously behind him whenever he puts on the shirt but he should be shipped which would benefit him and the club.

No idea why we sent him to a team who were going to struggle in Germany's top division.

Surely an mid table Belgian or Swiss team would have been better. Teams who create chances for him would mean he had a better chance to get some goals
Maybe these mid table Belgians or Swiss clubs didn’t want him. Seems a likeable guy but can’t perform in a Rangers jersey.

Reminds me of the odd glimpse we got of Kyle Lafferty during the dark and depressing winter months, before the clocks changed.

And I wouldn't go looking for Cedric to become half-decent when the clocks change either. Just Kyle who does that.

That was my thoughts when reading this thread. Lafferty used to drive me mad in his desperation to run behind the defender when a cross ball was coming in. You think Boyd would have showed him what to do.
How many times is Itten on the wrong side trying futilely to stretch those long legs round past the defender? Even his Stirling Albion goal started like that.

I was happy when we recalled him from his loan at Fürth, but he has been terrible since his return. Hiding behind centre backs and second to every ball. Maybe he has a trauma of getting pumped senseless every week in the Bundesliga.

Hopefully he turns it around, gets his confidence back.
It's not just confidence though is it? It's a lack of ability.

He was given starts against Stirling Albion, Livingstone and Ross County. He was mince in them all.

Coming on as a sub to Annan and more of the same.

He just isn't very good. It happens.

If he’s not moved on in the summer should go out on loan to another premiership team till January 2023 and see if his game can be sparked in to life.

It's not just confidence though is it? It's a lack of ability.

He was given starts against Stirling Albion, Livingstone and Ross County. He was mince in them all.

Coming on as a sub to Annan and more of the same.

He just isn't very good. It happens.
He was no too bad last season.
But I know what your saying.

Liked the big guy when he first joined and thought there was potential there but clearly isn’t good enough nor is he suited to our style of play.

Wish him well in his career but it ain’t going to be with us.

Reactions: VGM
Big fella is struggling badly, looks devoid of confidence at the moment. Suspect he will be away in the summer.

Sadly, the loan move to the Bundesliga didn't work out. I have no doubt we can move him on for a good fee in the summer. Probably end up in Western European league like Belgium, Switzerland or Austria.

Seems a decent enough guy, but he's not good enough even as 3rd/4th choice, and his price tag doesn't do him any favours.

Back