Celtic’s New Chief Exec holds forum with their support

So, it seems they are using recruitment as a carrot to sell season books. Who knows if it's true that they need that money to rebuild or not, but how the mighty have fallen when they are having to resort to blackmailing their own fans to get them in the stadium.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying I've felt ripped off.

We know more than anyone about the power of our spending though, so I do think that this is a conversation that deserves a little more nuance than simply "we won, so it was worth it". There's always discussions on here around renewal time about price increases and 'what is fair', I don't see this as any different.

Directors have ploughed millions in which I'm sure we'll all be hugely grateful for, but they will also receive the equity in the club via shares along with that. So, for them, whilst more expensive, it is an investment.

We're fans and whilst we can take credit for sticking with the team through thick and thin, in this transaction, we're customers and the product received (a stream) was not proportionate to the cost. I actually consider myself lucky that my ticket is on the low end of the cost scale, but for those that don't see the issue, where do you draw the line? By the logic of team loyalty, should we all just transfer over whatever is left in the bank account each month?

Club 1872's shareholding is going to be significantly diluted by the fresh injections of funds by our more significant shareholders, does that seem right given the money that has been provided by fans in this particular instance?

In this one season, should we be considered less as customers and more as investors? You can see from all the more positive responses here that there is an ambiguity about that which has been taken advantage of.

We know more than anyone about the power of our spending though, so I do think that this is a conversation that deserves a little more nuance than simply "we won, so it was worth it". There's always discussions on here around renewal time about price increases and 'what is fair', I don't see this as any different.

Directors have ploughed millions in which I'm sure we'll all be hugely grateful for, but they will also receive the equity in the club via shares along with that. So, for them, whilst more expensive, it is an investment.

We're fans and whilst we can take credit for sticking with the team through thick and thin, in this transaction, we're customers and the product received (a stream) was not proportionate to the cost. I actually consider myself lucky that my ticket is on the low end of the cost scale, but for those that don't see the issue, where do you draw the line? By the logic of team loyalty, should we all just transfer over whatever is left in the bank account each month?

Club 1872's shareholding is going to be significantly diluted by the fresh injections of funds by our more significant shareholders, does that seem right given the money that has been provided by fans in this particular instance?

In this one season, should we be considered less as customers and more as investors? You can see from all the more positive responses here that there is an ambiguity about that which has been taken advantage of.
I think we need to accept going forward that we the fans will play a big part in funding the club. Whether that is the main investors putting in millions to cover losses or ensuring season tickets are sold in the usual huge numbers.

You are right though we shouldn’t just accept being ripped off and push out fans that can’t afford it. The last year hasn’t been easy for many but the circumstances are unprecedented.

For Celtic fans to get refunds of c£3m is incredible, especially given it was money already spent for a season they were awarded the title. To put it in perspective that could have got them another year of Shane Duffy.

Next season even more important to win the league for automatic qualification for group stages for Champions League and £30 million up for grabs. Achieve that and we will leave them in our dust.

c***** should have been miles in front of us. Complacency, ignorance and greed they have been fleecing their fans for years. Looks like they will be trying to catch up for years now. No manager, poor squad and a wreck of a stadium, just a few of the problems.

Last edited:
c***** should have been miles in front of us. Complacency, ignorance and greed they have been fleecing their fans for years. Looks like they will be trying to catch up for years now. No manager, poor squad and a wreck stadium of a stadium, just a few of the problems.

Maybe they could flog the disco lights to save coin !

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.
I know a few people who will gladly relieve you of your burden.

maybe they should have been staunch enough to pay up whilst we were shite.
I’m pretty sure they would have if they were in the position they are now.
A couple of younger members of my family are on the waiting list after years of being taken to games by me or my brother.
They are now in the position to pay their own way, and are after a ST.

it’s a rock and a hard place for them in getting a manager in that has a decent pedigree and still on the way up. Unless the shareholders lend some cash the sell is...

3-4players away as loans or end of contract
4-5 players want away and in last year of contracts and so far aren’t interested to extend
Not sure of season ticket or match day income to give a budget for plying squad
Budget will be further dependent on cash for said 4-5players but we’ve a hole to fill from the COVID impact and lack of european funds
We’ve no recruitment or scouting department really so no real amount of players targeted
Fans are pushing for instant success, you won’t have time to bed in and transition.
Also add 2-4 players that likely will be hard to shift and haven’t shown the desire or quality.

if you’re Eddie Howe or someone similar is that where you want to go? Where you could be hounded and abused come Christmas if you’ve not started the season flying! That if that’s the case you could kiss goodbye to a shot at a top half EPL team.

Then you’ve got to look at the new CEO - first time in a CEO role and you ve to recruit almost an entire football operations team, cover and increase revenues, deal with a COVID situation that’s never happened before and to top it off placate a demanding fan base!

It seems obscene arrogance is baked into their DNA.

"Noisy neighbours"?

Noisy how? Because we didn't bend over and shuthefuckup when they were being awarded their .75 title last year? Because we pointed out how ludicrous the process was and the laughable inconsistencies over the Dundee vote fiasco that helped them to that "title"? Because we're Champions and have appropriately and deservedly celebrated our title win? What exactly are they talking about?

They're arrogant, delusional bastards and I hope they're suffering greatly from this "noise"

They will hear just how noisy we are in a few hours!

The good will and deep pockets of the investors have kept and will continue to keep the club going for the foreseeable future. I will be forever grateful to them for that. Most likely they will see little or no return on their investment.

As for the season tickets, it's a difficult choice between paying for a seat that you may have had for years and might not get to sit in for months and giving it up altogether, but it's still a choice.

Let me figure this out. So you bought a season ticket knowing fine well you would more than likely not get into a single game this season and you are now moaning about it and think you should be refunded?

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.
You knew what you were signing up for. I'd say we've all been thoroughly rewarded on the park.

Let me figure this out. So you bought a season ticket knowing fine well you would more than likely not get into a single game this season and you are now moaning about it and think you should be refunded?
It's pretty embarrassing.

where did I say it should be refunded?

The Rugby prick better get himself a huge supply of earmuffs because the noisy neighbours are going to be fekking deafening for years to come
Tosser
WATP

Back