Celtic boss Postecoglou has no backing from board – he should quit, says Kris Boyd

BlueMeanie

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has no authority at Celtic, no backing, no support from the board — and virtually no chance of being successful.
Unless things change, there’s no point in him being there.

Right now, if I was him I’d pack my bags and go.
Postecoglou might as well hand in his resignation and take himself back to Australia.
This is a guy who had to stew in a hotel room when he was required to go into quarantine when he first arrived in the country.
Yet now he’s forced to wait for players who will have to go through the same process.
Have Celtic not noticed? The league starts this weekend, but they are nowhere near ready to challenge Rangers for the title.
It’s as if they think the Premiership doesn’t kick-off until September.
They were so short-sighted for the last few seasons by their ten-in-a- row dream they completely took their eye off the ball.
And now Celtic have become so STALE.

Chairman Iain Bankier is on a bumper annual salary, for what? Celtic need new, youthful blood in their boardroom and fresh ideas.
They are currently searching for a new goalie, despite the fact they spent £5million on one a year ago, when all they had to do was keep Craig Gordon.
The other day there was even a suggestion Celtic should bring Gordon back. Like that’s ever going to happen!
People need to stop living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to Celts.
It’s time for them to wake up and smell the coffee and see what’s been going on in there.
I have been critical in the past and been ridiculed for it by Celtic fans. But they are now agreeing with pretty much everything I’ve said.
I had my say on Leigh Griffiths’ situation 18 months ago and was lambasted for it.
Those fans were all so blinkered, similar to their board, because their team was winning — but now they are booing one of their own.
But I’ll give them this, they are right to be on top of this board and hammering them for the way they have conducted themselves.
If I was ploughing my money into the club at the rate some of them have been down the years I wouldn’t be impressed either.

Celtic have brought in fortunes for players down the years, yet they find themselves miles behind Rangers.
We touched on it last week but their back four in that European tie was just RIDICULOUS.
Tony Ralston had been on loan to other teams in Scotland and he was so ordinary I’m not sure any of them would have him back.
Yet he’s found himself as Celtic’s only right-back. How is that even possible. But then who is signing their players right now?
Postecoglou says he’s struggled to convince people on players he wants to bring in.
Who exactly is he talking about? That’s a rhetorical question, because I’m pretty sure I know the answer.
It’s almost like the situation at Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down when he had so much power and influence behind the scenes.
They appointed Davie Moyes when he didn’t have anywhere near the same level of authority.
Also, weren’t Celtic supposed to be bringing in a director of football?
Fergal Harkin is someone I know very well from his time working at Nike and he’s a Celtic man through and through. Why is he not in his dream job?

New chief executive Dom McKay was brought in for fresh ideas with Peter Lawwell leaving.
But someone will need to explain to the Celtic people why the same decisions are being made.
But as a club we’re talking amateur hour stuff with the amount of dithering they have done.
Even Aberdeen were able to go and appoint a new manager before last season ended and they are the fifth-biggest club in Scotland now.
Celtic call themselves the biggest club in the country, but this whole debacle shows why Rangers can lay claim to that crown.
Gers have had their issues down the years, but they get their business done properly these days.
But with Postecoglou, he’s got to be wondering if taking this job was worth the hassle.
He didn’t have the first idea when he arrived. He can say all the right things about Celtic being a massive club . . . blah blah blah.
As if that wasn’t scripted.
But he didn’t know the first thing about life at Celtic and his eyes will have been opened now.

Alarm bells had to be ringing in his head from day one when he learned he wouldn’t be able to bring in his own backroom staff.
Maybe that will change soon but it should have happened by now.
That’s no criticism of John Kennedy, Stephen McManus and Gavin Strachan, who are good guys and also good coaches by all accounts.
But any new manager should be allowed to bring his own people with him and that’s not been the case with Postecoglou.
Just as it wasn’t the case with Neil Lennon, either, who is a club legend.
But it all points to the hierarchy being fearful of having their influence questioned.
Postecoglou must realise the Celtic job isn’t all he thought it was cracked up to be.
Unless things change, it’s only going to go from bad to worse and it might dawn on him that he’s as well packing his bags.

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has no authority at Celtic, no backing, no support from the board — and virtually no chance of being successful.
Unless things change, there’s no point in him being there.

Right now, if I was him I’d pack my bags and go.
Postecoglou might as well hand in his resignation and take himself back to Australia.
This is a guy who had to stew in a hotel room when he was required to go into quarantine when he first arrived in the country.
Yet now he’s forced to wait for players who will have to go through the same process.
Have Celtic not noticed? The league starts this weekend, but they are nowhere near ready to challenge Rangers for the title.
It’s as if they think the Premiership doesn’t kick-off until September.
They were so short-sighted for the last few seasons by their ten-in-a- row dream they completely took their eye off the ball.
And now Celtic have become so STALE.

Chairman Iain Bankier is on a bumper annual salary, for what? Celtic need new, youthful blood in their boardroom and fresh ideas.
They are currently searching for a new goalie, despite the fact they spent £5million on one a year ago, when all they had to do was keep Craig Gordon.
The other day there was even a suggestion Celtic should bring Gordon back. Like that’s ever going to happen!
People need to stop living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to Celts.
It’s time for them to wake up and smell the coffee and see what’s been going on in there.
I have been critical in the past and been ridiculed for it by Celtic fans. But they are now agreeing with pretty much everything I’ve said.
I had my say on Leigh Griffiths’ situation 18 months ago and was lambasted for it.
Those fans were all so blinkered, similar to their board, because their team was winning — but now they are booing one of their own.
But I’ll give them this, they are right to be on top of this board and hammering them for the way they have conducted themselves.
If I was ploughing my money into the club at the rate some of them have been down the years I wouldn’t be impressed either.

Celtic have brought in fortunes for players down the years, yet they find themselves miles behind Rangers.
We touched on it last week but their back four in that European tie was just RIDICULOUS.
Tony Ralston had been on loan to other teams in Scotland and he was so ordinary I’m not sure any of them would have him back.
Yet he’s found himself as Celtic’s only right-back. How is that even possible. But then who is signing their players right now?
Postecoglou says he’s struggled to convince people on players he wants to bring in.
Who exactly is he talking about? That’s a rhetorical question, because I’m pretty sure I know the answer.
It’s almost like the situation at Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down when he had so much power and influence behind the scenes.
They appointed Davie Moyes when he didn’t have anywhere near the same level of authority.
Also, weren’t Celtic supposed to be bringing in a director of football?
Fergal Harkin is someone I know very well from his time working at Nike and he’s a Celtic man through and through. Why is he not in his dream job?

New chief executive Dom McKay was brought in for fresh ideas with Peter Lawwell leaving.
But someone will need to explain to the Celtic people why the same decisions are being made.
But as a club we’re talking amateur hour stuff with the amount of dithering they have done.
Even Aberdeen were able to go and appoint a new manager before last season ended and they are the fifth-biggest club in Scotland now.
Celtic call themselves the biggest club in the country, but this whole debacle shows why Rangers can lay claim to that crown.
Gers have had their issues down the years, but they get their business done properly these days.
But with Postecoglou, he’s got to be wondering if taking this job was worth the hassle.
He didn’t have the first idea when he arrived. He can say all the right things about Celtic being a massive club . . . blah blah blah.
As if that wasn’t scripted.
But he didn’t know the first thing about life at Celtic and his eyes will have been opened now.

Alarm bells had to be ringing in his head from day one when he learned he wouldn’t be able to bring in his own backroom staff.
Maybe that will change soon but it should have happened by now.
That’s no criticism of John Kennedy, Stephen McManus and Gavin Strachan, who are good guys and also good coaches by all accounts.
But any new manager should be allowed to bring his own people with him and that’s not been the case with Postecoglou.
Just as it wasn’t the case with Neil Lennon, either, who is a club legend.
But it all points to the hierarchy being fearful of having their influence questioned.
Postecoglou must realise the Celtic job isn’t all he thought it was cracked up to be.
Unless things change, it’s only going to go from bad to worse and it might dawn on him that he’s as well packing his bags.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas the new season is here!

According to Tranfermrkt they have spent nearly £14m already. Now I know fees will be exaggerated to pacify the mutants but they’ve spent a fortune already by Scottish standards and they’ve already lost CL access with EL access dubious.

What is it with this obsession on spending money they can’t afford otherwise the Board are the devil incarnate?

Boydy is a good example of someone who has come full 360 on FF. He wasn’t so popular a few years back.
He certainly had his moments before. You wonder, was he being held back and he's just decided to go for it. He has gone full no f*cks given when it comes to showing his support for Rangers and I like it. If you're going to win over the Rangers supporters Kris is showing how it's done. Barry Ferguson could learn a thing or two. As could so many other ex-Rangers people.

Love it..he's really getting it right up them these days.

Would be getting an upgraded home security system if I was him mind you. These malcontents are always a bawhair away from riot

Boyd clearly looking forward to the season...setting his stall out.
Must go check the Hearts odds. I did have them and the Danes (first leg) on a double to beat Celtic.

He certainly had his moments before. You wonder, was he being held back and he's just decided to go for it. He has gone full no f*cks given when it comes to showing his support for Rangers and I like it. If you're going to win over the Rangers supporters Kris is showing how it's done. Barry Ferguson could learn a thing or two. As could so many other ex-Rangers people.

The gloves came off when he retired from playing, thats when he became more open

Boydy getting stuck in is tremendous but at the same time they are spending money. It’s just inadequate players they bring in and long may it continue

If he thought for a second he'd get away with "told you griffiths is just a fûcking racist junkie layabout" that's what he'd have said!

Must be a boot in the balls for Kris every time that little bit of shit uses the mental health lie.

I'd wait for 3 months before judging Ange's appointment, a bit of mischief from Kris here. Celtic seemed not to have planned for Eddie Howe's rejection which seems to be their current problem. No doubt there will be additions to their squad next month.

I was at an event with Boydy and Ian Durrant earlier this evening and I can assure you he said nothing of the sort B-D :shh:

Ange must stay.

Back