Celtic break their silence

Another dreadful slap in the face for the victims and their families.

Just like their predecessors, it's all about damage limitation and protecting the good name of Celtic.

The lack of condemnation of this club from those in political power is nothing short of disgraceful.

The most senior officials at Penn State had shown a “total and consistent disregard” for the welfare of children, had worked together to actively conceal Mr. Sandusky’s assaults, and had done so for one central reason: fear of bad publicity. That publicity, Mr. Freeh said Thursday, would have hurt the nationally ranked football program, Mr. Paterno’s reputation as a coach of high principles, the Penn State “brand” and the university’s ability to raise money as one of the most respected public institutions in the country.

Another quote from the Gentleman

The only thing that will suffice here is a public enquiry and if Celtic football club are saying that the boys club are a separate entity then they should be calling for that public enquiry to clear their name
I wouldn’t hold my breathe on the second but but a public enquiry should be demanded
Sorry but i think an SNP controlled public enquiry would end me. It would only be full of catchphrases like "mistakes have been made", opportunities missed and " can only apologise".

Another surprising piece from Chris McLaughlin on Reporting Scotland.

In no way supportive of Bheast FC.

Any decent human being, regardless of who you were brought up to support, should be disgusted at the lack of empathy and support for the victims in that statement.

It's my own personal view that Celtic have managed to score a massive own goal here when they had a real opportunity to reach out to the victims.

Instead, they have shown that they really couldn't care less.

Yet again, it's all about protecting the brand. A brand that is growing more toxic by the day.

Agree, I think the BBC or Daly to be more specific have more on this, they must have proof of CBC and the scum being one entity.
Stuff like Celtc lawyers handling non disclosure paperwork/payments for the sexual assault carried out in USA.
Stuff like a Celtc manager firing Torbett
Stuff like Celtc owner wanting Celtc lawyers to meet with Torbett to answer claims of abuse
Stuff like Celtc paying for CBC to change name to St Pats

They are still controlling the media and nobody is willing to really push it and dig deeper into the whole sordid afair,Not that the digging would need to be that deep.

Sorry but i think an SNP controlled public enquiry would end me. It would only be full of catchphrases like "mistakes have been made", opportunities missed and " can only apologise".
There are easily answered and obvious questions though

If the boys club had nothing to do with Celtic how could stein have kicked Torbett out?

What role did the Kelly’s and whytes play

There would surely be ex employees who would speak (some already are on Twitter)

And plenty other questions that need answered and couldn’t be manipulated no matter who was running the inquiry

Nothing to do with Celtc but.

paedophile-ring-cover-up-at-celtic.jpg

24d4yo4.jpg

image.jpeg.7f18ecc81f38405cef9567cec57921f9.jpeg

celtic-fc-paedophiles.jpg

33niadt.jpg

uYDzJRg.jpg

I never read anything about an internal investigation. That should be the first thing done but they already know the answer.

They are still controlling the media and nobody is willing to really push it and dig deeper into the whole sordid afair,Not that the digging would need to be that deep.
To be honest we would all have expected BBC Scotland above all others to stifle this sad affair But to have Skeletor fronting their piece and having it headlining the news is a new turn of events. I think there is much more to come.

Where does the stuff on Scum FC paying the boys club to change the name come from ? Seen it mentioned a lot in recent days but can't see where the story originated ?

Celtic, the club that actively covered up child abuse and protected the perpetrator.

Let’s hear the statements from their corporate sponsors as to why they think this stained organisation is suitable for their brand?

How many times??

They fucking can't.
They are being taken to court in May 2019 by an ex player who is suing them. Another 5 also ready to sue them
You can understand bears doubting the fucking judiciary in Scotland after the sabotage of the prosecution of all the gang involved in the dodgy takeover of Rangers.

If the boys club is a separate entity does this mean that Celtic don't have an official boys club?

According to SFA website last updated on 18th October Celtic hold a Platinum Overall License which includes a Gold award for youths.

Would hate to think their club license is inaccurate.

Here's even some facts to mull over...

Jim Torbett , founder of the boys club and scout,abused boys, was kicked out of the club and the club kept it quiet.He returned to the club when Jock Stein, the guy who kicked him out, died.
Torbett served a sentence for the first period.These new allegations relate to his second time at the club.He appearead in court in Glasgow last week.Torbett's company The Trophy Centre, employed two Celtic directors Kevin Kelly and Jack McGinn.

Frank Cairney,head of the boys club, appeared in court last week charged with historical offense.He was charged years ago at the same time as Torbett but 3 boys withdrew their evidence at the trial.

Jim McCafferty Celtic kit man for over ten years currently in jail in Belfast waiting trial for crimes against children in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

John Cullen 30 years official photographer at Celtic convicted a few years ago of indecent images of children.

Gerald King head of Celtic boys club appeared in court last month in Glasgow on historic child sex abuse case.

Gerry McCann worked for Celtic in the mid 90's when Tommy Burns was manager.
See CMOMM thread 20 09 2012 by butterfly: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow ,when and why did he come south?

John Reid was Home Secretary when MBM went missing and he later became Chairman of Celtic due to his long standing association with the club.

John Mcglynn

If any of you are aware Celtic Football Club has a peodophile problem. Its been Scotland worse kept secret for decades, but no mainstream media will go near the story, rumours of political cover ups, catholic church, media all helping them out have been rife for decades. But in the past couple of weeks, 5 old Celtic employee's are in jail awaiting trial one of which was already convicted for his actions with the boys club lads and re-employed by the club, with the full knowledge of what had happened by this time directors and allsorts where rumoured to have been involved. Even the likes of Jimmy Saville and Cardinal Keith o Brien where regular visitors.All through the years breakthoughs where made and u thought good its going to come out, finally justice but no, it always seemed to slip away UNDER THE CARPET AGAIN. Anyway looks like now its possibly all going to come out.
On to Gerry, historically Celtic as a club have always attached themselves to causes to gain good public affection they are so merciless at this they have become known as "the ambulance chasers". So why are they not all over the find maddie campaign when afterall this is right up there steet to fawn fake public attention, when infact there club doctor in 2000 who seem's to have been wiped from the clubs memory was none other than Gerry McCann who at the time of moving from Scotland to England was rumoured to have been placed on some register. Could Gerry be another of the Celtic peodophile ring if so seeing the way the Catholic church and certain politicians have protected the institution that is Celtic could these very people be protecting the McCanns. People in Glasgow are fully investigating the goings on at Celtic and for some reason Gerry Mcann is popping into it .

That statement is all about Celtic distancing themselves from something they were directly involved in. Karma is due these c*nts one hell of a slap.

I’m sick of the mhedia saying it’s point scoring. All we want is the same level of investigation and scrutiny that was given to our finances (and still is.)

The sad thing is that lot still find it more abhorrent that we used EBTs than the fact they ruined childrens’ lives with horrific abuse and then covered it up.

May the victims of this get some justice any way they can.

So do uefa and fifa get involved at some point?

I mean, teams are held accountable when fans riot at both home and away matches because they are “associated” with the club

Should we be asking them to investigate ?

The most senior officials at Penn State had shown a “total and consistent disregard” for the welfare of children, had worked together to actively conceal Mr. Sandusky’s assaults, and had done so for one central reason: fear of bad publicity. That publicity, Mr. Freeh said Thursday, would have hurt the nationally ranked football program, Mr. Paterno’s reputation as a coach of high principles, the Penn State “brand” and the university’s ability to raise money as one of the most respected public institutions in the country.

Another quote from the Gentleman

You could easily swap the name of Penn state for celtic in that and it would ring very very true.

If I was a Celtic fan - and I thank God I’m not - I would be doing some serious soul searching and questioning whether I would continue to support a club who covered up child abuse.

If as stated in the statement they are 2 separate entities why the fuvk did they feel the need to employ a safeguarding officer to look after the kids ? How many under 16's work at the dome ?

Long read below but it appears they need to legally have a youth set up to get into Euro competitions.

Was Celtic Boys Club this entity?

When did Celtic set up a separate youth entity to apply for this License and allow them into Euro competitions? This system apparently came into being in 2004. Worth someone a bit more savvy having a look at. (If that wasn't their boys club, what the eff was?)

Changes to their old set up must be able to be tracked with their applications?To get a Uefa License (remember them,) you need the following noted below.

SPORTING CRITERIA
Youth development programme 1 The licence applicant must have a written youth development programme approved by the licensor. The licensor must verify the implementation of the approved youth development programme and evaluate its quality. 2 The programme must cover at least the following areas: a) Objectives and youth development philosophy; b) Organisation of youth sector (organisational chart, bodies involved, relation to licence applicant, youth teams etc.); c) Personnel (technical, medical, administrative etc.) and minimum qualifications required; d) Infrastructure available for youth sector (training and match facilities, other); e) Financial resources (available budget, contribution by licence applicant, players or local community etc.); f) Football education programme for the different age groups (playing skills, technical, tactical and physical); g) Education programmes (Laws of the Game; anti-doping; integrity; anti-racism) h) Medical support for youth players (including maintaining medical records); 17 i) Review and feedback process to evaluate the results and the achievements of the set objectives; j) Validity of the programme (at least three years but maximum seven). 3 The licence applicant must further ensure that: a) every youth player involved in its youth development programme has the possibility to follow mandatory school education in accordance with national law; and b) no youth player involved in its youth development programme is prevented from continuing their non-football education.

Youth teams 1 The licence applicant must at least have the following youth teams within its legal entity, another legal entity included in the reporting perimeter or a club affiliated to its legal entity: a) At least two youth teams within the age range of 15 to 21; b) At least one youth team within the age range of 10 to 14; c) At least one under-10 team. 2 Each youth team, except of the under-10s, must take part in official competitions or programmes played at national, regional or local level and recognised by the UEFA member association.

Last edited:
I find these threads difficult as I don't feel I can accurately put my anger down into words

Let me just say they are horrible, despicable bastards and I sincerely hope they get what they deserve

Anyone fancy standing outside the Toytown parliament with a large banner accusing the Scottish government of ignoring a blatant case of facilitation of child abuse? Retired bears perhaps, with a bit time on their hands.

Embarrass the bastards into at least responding, instead of burying their useless heads in the sand.

And yes, I'll be up for taking my turn of standing there if there are a few other decent people willing to get involved. Doesn't have to be bears, in fact better if there was a broad spectrum however I doubt the Edinburgh club fans have the balls to do anything about it.

Where are UEFA in all this?

How can they stand by and watch a member club embroiled in a scandal bigger than the Penn State one which rocked America?

They will surely have to ban them from European competition until full compensation is paid to the victims.

I won’t hold my breath though. They’re just as corrupt as the SFA, in fact probably more so. Lawwell started getting his grubby hands in amongst UEFA and the Euro elite years ago, and he was last year rewarded by being appointed to the European Club Association (ECA) board. A cynic would say they did this in order to make themselves untouchable, as they’ve done in Scotland. The whole thing absolutely stinks.

I hope victims play hard ball and take them to court.Same as Penn. University.The club has no class whatever.As all posters know this has been happening since 1970s. widely known throughout football.Let's hope there is a lawyer out there willing to represent one of the victims.Class that club doesn't have any.

The scumbags make me sick to the core.

From "entirely separate organisation" to the whataboutery in the last paragraph that statement is a pile of shit.

They have the destruction of many childrens innocence and lives on their filthy hands.

Shame on that vile club.

If I was a Celtic fan - and I thank God I’m not - I would be doing some serious soul searching and questioning whether I would continue to support a club who covered up child abuse.

Fair point - the thing is - any of them - with half a braincell (maybe a bridge too far) will already have known - yet still turn up every week
Says quite a lot about them - that they're
more concerned about EBT's than child molestors or cover-ups in their ranks

No I think that’s a Very dangerous route to go down, your putting 2 + 2 together and getting 35

Let’s just deal with the facts and not any disturbing conspiracy theories

I've not said anything, just that some people should perhaps do more research

I'm confident in my maths.

If the boys club is a separate entity does this mean that Celtic don't have an official boys club?

According to SFA website last updated on 18th October Celtic hold a Platinum Overall License which includes a Gold award for youths.

Would hate to think their club license is inaccurate.

A very important point that a journalist should be asking them.

I've not said anything, just that some people should perhaps do more research

I'm confident in my maths.

It’s well known that Gerry McCann worked at Celtic, but the tone of your original messages seemed to indicate something a little sinister!!! Glad your maths is good

Disgusting statement. To spend millions trying to change the boys club name and to mention what they did so early into their first (very late) statement is absolutely reprehensible.

A vile organisation who don’t give a %^*& about the victims and merely want to scurry away and absolve themselves of any blame. Pedo harbouring scum bastards.

Back