Celtic embarrassing themselves in Europe on and off the park

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
Following the comments or lack of comment from our Politician’s and the Scottish media’s coverage of Saturdays carnage in Glasgow it’s quite obvious their responses and reporting are dependent on the club involved. With one, us it is magnified, the other it’s watered down.

Paul Sweeney MSP for instance,

George Square last year
"Amazing work by Glasgow's undervalued cleansing workers after shameful scenes of violence and vandalism that mortified all right-thinking Glaswegians last night, including Rangers fans. Those workers deserve our thanks and gratitude, our city should be compensated for the costs”
Trongate devastation Saturday
“Disappointing to hear reports that Celtic fans gathered at Glasgow Cross have broken into the 1930 Mercat Cross building by Edith Burnet Hughes. I hope @GreaterGlasgPol secure this historic building and that no damage has occurred beyond forcing its door.”

He actually went out his way last year to “witness“ hooligans throwing missiles and barriers at Police lines and hurling anti-Catholic sectarian abuse. Had painted on ears this year.

So leading up to our game on Wednesday where our support will be under the microscope both home and abroad it is maybe worth reminding people of the actions of that mob home and abroad.

Remember the time they went to Seville and they were stabbing each other, and begged for a fan award.

The time they went to Barcelona and “allegedly“ a relative of a high profile Politician glassed a local and a barman. All very secretive and I don’t think to this day he has ever been named but there is a strong theory

Remember when they went to Amsterdam and were shooting each other,

or when they returned to Amsterdam and there was violent riots with arrests arising to 48 “football fans”

or when they wrecked Munich

or the running battles in Sunderland

Win or lose let’s go enjoy ourselves, safe in the knowledge we are the people, and make the Club as proud of us as the team has made us getting in to the Final of the Europa league.

While i get our point and frustration about the double standards i just cant really bring myself to care too much about all this stuff. The focus is on the game Wednesday night, let the filth spew their predictable nonsense and use it as their comfort blanket if we win on Wednesday.
Agree - all of this is coming up by them currently due to nothing but pure & utter jealously

They're absolutely bricking it with the idea of Rangers winning on Wednesday night.

Here we go 10 in a row.

Am I the only one who literally couldnt give a flying f**k what the papers say about us never mind them?

The press and politics is riddled with them so surprised that folk are surprised in the disparity in coverage

Am I the only one who literally couldnt give a flying f**k what the papers say about us never mind them?

The press and politics is riddled with them so surprised that folk are surprised in the disparity in coverage

Whilst I haven’t bought a newspaper for as long as I can remember. I sadly have to work with folk that try and take great delight in thinking they have some moral high ground by pointing out every negative story that can be even loosely linked to us. Painting a picture and portraying us constantly in a negative light to neutrals.

I always take comfort in providing balance in unearthing the proof not readily made available by our media to show it’s not all us bad them good to wipe the glaikit grins off their face.

Some can go through life not giving a flying f**k whilst I chose to defend myself, every other Rangers fan and our Club at every opportunity, but then again I’m an angry man :)

Who pays for fans' invasion?
From the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, first published Tuesday 26th Nov 2002.

I CONGRATULATE Margo Grimshaw (LET, November 19) for being one of the few voices daring to speak the truth about the Celtic fans' mass invasion of Blackburn last week.

Yes, it was a siege and it would seem that there were instances of broken windows and shops having to close early.

I know -- my car was magnificently vandalised by a Celtic fan climbing on top of it and dancing.

Margo is indeed right to question who will pay for all the extra police manpower that was necessary, although I strongly suspect it will be left to the long-suffering council tax payers of Blackburn yet again.

It would be interesting to know Blackburn Rovers' contribution and I don't just mean for the extra police used in and around their own grounds.

I would also like to know why these hordes were allowed into town so early in the day. I witnessed green and white warriors alighting from coaches as early as 8.10am and they already had open cans of lager in their hands!

I wonder how many arrests were made for on-street drinking, because most of these supporters seemed to be openly drinking all day long?

And who served all these people who were already obviously drunk? Do any of the town's licensees think any further than their own pockets?

Many of the problems these fans inflicted on Blackburn could have been averted by a little forward planning on the part of Blackburn Rovers working with the Scottish club.

They are the ones who should be picking up the tab. However, the problems were aggravated by local licensees wanting to make yet another quick buck.

26 celtic fans arrested.

Back