Celtic Player Doesn’t Want VAR

No they won’t.

The same cheating scum will be operating VAR.
i hope the office where VAR is controlled during a match is also recorded, our club should be able to review this after every game.

The difference it should make is that there will have to be an explanation given if decisions, like the Sakala penalty at Tannadice or the Carter Vickers handball at Ibrox for example, are ignored.

They won’t be able to ignore them, I can only see it being a good thing.
The refs are going to explain these decisions, or not giving decisions, to the club and supporters after the games ?

Dont think so i think what they will do is exactly the same as what they do on the pitch, nothing, just blank it play dumb its a crap standard remember... all we will get is a polite interview from the manager saying he thought it was a penalty.

The 2nd penalty claim at Utd i would suggest is a possible penalty with VAR in our league but its such a vital time in the match and Madden had spent 90 mins cheating anyway so he could just say nah if forced to check it by the bunker..... the handball against Celtic is never going to be a penalty unless we are playing them in a european tie.

One other point where are they putting these refs because i would worry they might be sitting right next to the press which would ofcourse mean one or two maniacs trying to pressure them into giving even more decisions to the tims or more importantly against Rangers.

A guy that got away with jumping up and punching the ball in the opposition box in the last minute against Dundee whilst the filth only led by one goal.

A guy that got away with sticking his arm out to control the ball in the build up to the filths late winner in the LC semi against St Johnstone.

A guy that scored a late offside winner at Pittodrie.

Why the fûck would he want VAR? He’s seen first hand how Scottish officiating works. He’ll be well aware of how many points and cup wins it earned the filth last season.

Any filth employee or fan wanting VAR is a lunatic.
Almost unbelievably, some are dying for it.
They reckon they’ll benefit.
I’d be astounded if it weren’t Sellik fans with this view.
A bit like the Yorkshire Ripper looking forward to a jury comprising of twelve prostitutes.

Not stopping the game for Bassey's head knock when they scored was cheating! Pure and simple!
As was stopping the game when Jota went down with a hammy. I think it was Hearts who were on the attack and he stopped it. He has given them the softest of penalties when they have needed them on quite a few occasdions as well.

Feel the exact same way as him to be honest, just leave it the way it was. VAR takes the fun right out of a goal, pen decision etc.

No they won’t.

The same cheating scum will be operating VAR.
Have you not heard about the Masonic / spfl / sfa conspiracy to stop Celtic winning and help Rangers sweep up all the trophies in Scotland mate? Been going on for decades don’t ya know .

Reactions: VGM
The refs are going to explain these decisions, or not giving decisions, to the club and supporters after the games ?

Dont think so i think what they will do is exactly the same as what they do on the pitch, nothing, just blank it play dumb its a crap standard remember... all we will get is a polite interview from the manager saying he thought it was a penalty.

The 2nd penalty claim at Utd i would suggest is a possible penalty with VAR in our league but its such a vital time in the match and Madden had spent 90 mins cheating anyway so he could just say nah if forced to check it by the bunker..... the handball against Celtic is never going to be a penalty unless we are playing them in a european tie.

One other point where are they putting these refs because i would worry they might be sitting right next to the press which would ofcourse mean one or two maniacs trying to pressure them into giving even more decisions to the tims or more importantly against Rangers.

I disagree, they won't be able to ignore clear video evidence.

Reactions: TN8
Feel the exact same way as him to be honest, just leave it the way it was. VAR takes the fun right out of a goal, pen decision etc.
Just can’t see it this way all.
Actually, I can but change my mind very quickly when I see how many times they’ve benefitted and we’ve lost out to refereeing decisions.
You can’t even call us paranoid, or believe the “referring decisions balance themselves out over the season” lie when you see them.

Unfortunately VAR wont make a difference as it will be the same dodgy/useless refs managing the decisions..
They can't get away with the offsides now. That takes 50% of Mulvanney and Conner's cheating away from them.

Penalties, I still think they will get away with some but we should see far more in our favour along with the red cards that come with them.

Red card tackles...can see the old 'coming together' being used for them a lot. We will get a couple as obviously ours are labelled 'disgusting' and 'knows what he is doing there'. But I do expect a red or two that they wouldn't normally see.

i guess when you have players about 5 yards offside in consecutive OF games and also give away two stonewall penalties in the one half and get away with it, its no surprise.

If there were fair referees and linesman we'd have won the league by a fair margin.

I watched their games vs Bodo/Glimt. Bodo were physical, but fair and the Celtic players couldn't believe they weren't getting fouls for every little coming together like they do in Scotland and they absolutely crumbled.

Said it loads of times but it's no coincidence we're better than them in Europe and have been for years now.

A guy that got away with jumping up and punching the ball in the opposition box in the last minute against Dundee whilst the filth only led by one goal.

A guy that got away with sticking his arm out to control the ball in the build up to the filths late winner in the LC semi against St Johnstone.

A guy that scored a late offside winner at Pittodrie.

Why the fûck would he want VAR? He’s seen first hand how Scottish officiating works. He’ll be well aware of how many points and cup wins it earned the filth last season.

Any filth employee or fan wanting VAR is a lunatic.
Tell me you haven’t seen the full footage of that incident without telling me you haven’t seen the full footage of that incident

They can't get away with the offsides now. That takes 50% of Mulvanney and Conner's cheating away from them.

Penalties, I still think they will get away with some but we should see far more in our favour along with the red cards that come with them.

Red card tackles...can see the old 'coming together' being used for them a lot. We will get a couple as obviously ours are labelled 'disgusting' and 'knows what he is doing there'. But I do expect a red or two that they wouldn't normally see.
Theres been mistakes in games even with var

They cant get away with offside goals but that isnt where Mulvanney and Connor cheated us last season.

It was flagging play offside and stopping the game when we were obviously onside. Ignoring blatant free kicks/fouls outside the box. VAR wont stop that.

VAR doesnt award pens, all it does is ask the ref to have another look. With the same cheat refs in the VAR booth and on the pitch there wont be many decisions reversed.

They have targetted becoming linesmen because they have the most amount of influence with less scrutiny.

As was stopping the game when Jota went down with a hammy. I think it was Hearts who were on the attack and he stopped it. He has given them the softest of penalties when they have needed them on quite a few occasdions as well.

Was he not the ref for the offside goal against Hearts too?

Plus the game at Dundee Utd when we were denied a penalty, thats your point swing for the title right there...

Oh how I hope we win the league next season and wipe the arrogance from this pathetic little cheat and his team. No wonder he doesn't want var, he knows they benefited massively from the open corruption last season.

I hope our players are angered by what occurred last season and use it as fuel to beat that lot. Lundstram showed the rest of the team how to treat Angie's global superstars. With contempt.

I want Peter Grants opinion too

Yeah the more tims that tell me it's bad the better, then I might be convinced!!

Only in Scotland would VAR be seen as a bad thing, I am just shocked it will actually be allowed at all.

Just like the league setup, the people in charge, the plastic pitches, not wanting B teams.

The Turkeys that are Scottish football vote for christmas every single time.

The cheating will continue with var. I'm amazed that several posters on here, whom I almost always agree, with can't see this. The scottish referees are absolutely shameless and won't worry about giving wrong decisions. Why would they? They hate Rangers with a vengeance and at the same time are terrified of the scum. Several of them have been brainwashed since being toddlers. Do we really believe that our scottish msm will start attacking our refs?? No chance. Remember what country we live in. One of the most corrupt in Europe. Sad but true.

Kyogo is the worst. But their other Japanese striker does the same. They deliberately take up a position at least 5 yards behind the last defender and if a ball is played behind the full-back on either side they have a head start on central defenders who are running back to try and block the cross. They got away with it at Hampden in the semi and at Parkhead in the last league game. This nonsense about ‘a different phase of play’ is ridiculous.

You're getting over paranoid now.
The English system have their VAR office miles away from any ground.

I agree with him. I'm not a fan but do hope VAR improves the decisions up here. However, with SFA officials involved, I won't be counting on it.
Add to that the mere 6 cameras that will be used then VAR Lite that Scotland will have is a recipe for disaster.
I’m all for VAR but you just know their will be a lot of ‘honest mistakes’, ‘human error’, snagging issues and any other excuse they can use to either shaft us or give them a blatantly incorrect decision.

Thats in leagues that dont have the "genuine mistakes" epidemic we suffer from up here.
There are two types of genuine mistakes though

Those made by supporters of that club and those who are so scared of the treatment they will get if awarding anything against them, or for us.

The 2nd group will be most likely to change a decision with supporting evidence.

Either way outright corruption is there in full hd for all to see.

Add to that the mere 6 cameras that will be used then VAR Lite that Scotland will have is a recipe for disaster.
I’m all for VAR but you just know their will be a lot of ‘honest mistakes’, ‘human error’, snagging issues and any other excuse they can use to either shaft us or give them a blatantly incorrect decision.
There is only so many times that the 'that camera angle was not available' can be trotted out for the same team.

People have been screaming here for evidence to be gathered, like it or not, this makes it much easier to do.

No wonder he doesn't want it, if it's applied properly they are going to suffer more than any team. We'd have won the league last season if VAR was in place.

Penalty at Tannadice, disallowed goals vs Motherwell that were onside at Ibrox, penalty for handball by Carter Vickers vs them at Ibrox, Sakala being flagged offside at Parkhead despite being two yards on and ready to score. I could go on!

We benefitted once all season when Sakala scored a marginally offside goal vs Motherwell at Ibrox, that would have been disallowed with VAR.
There was plenty more, CCV should have been off at their dump v Dundee Utd and a penalty given, would have made it 2-1! Loads!

They cant get away with offside goals but that isnt where Mulvanney and Connor cheated us last season.

It was flagging play offside and stopping the game when we were obviously onside. Ignoring blatant free kicks/fouls outside the box. VAR wont stop that.

VAR doesnt award pens, all it does is ask the ref to have another look. With the same cheat refs in the VAR booth and on the pitch there wont be many decisions reversed.

They have targetted becoming linesmen because they have the most amount of influence with less scrutiny.
I agree we will still be cheated with offsides and free kicks around the box. We won't see any change there.

Penalties will have to be given though. Last season was incredible the shear number we got cheated out of. Not just that but red cards as no attempt made to play the ball. Those will be given.

We WILL see a number of red cards given against opposition players. We are on the receiving end of absolute shockers that get let go. There is no way they can review them and say no red.

Carter-Vickers ain’t gonna like it! At least a penalty a game against that Cn#t with the amount of shirt pulling he does in the box!

Why? There will be no pressure from outside sources. Yes, mistakes will be made but not to the level of blatant cheating like we have now.
Well you say theres no pressure but you wont be there and you dont know where they are or who decides which incidents are being shown by the tv company. There will be an insane amount of pressure from the media and their bosses not to miss giving penalties against Rangers or sending our players off. They will be more scared of Celtic than they have ever been.

Im really struggling with this idea its blatant bias on the park but impossible when using VAR, makes no sense to me Craigan is cheating/dishonest when doing our games in europe he cares little about replays or what we think of him as a pundit.

What if we get shafted by VAR what do we next ? i dont think refs or the sfa will care about a polite statement on poor standards or us moaning on here, they will just say well its what you wanted so shut up and get on with it.

I’m sure there will be implementation issues but ultimately it removes the hiding place for referees & linesman

It also lessens the intimidation. The idea that Madden would have reviewed the Sakala pull at Tannadice, for example, and still denied a penalty is ridiculous.

Back