Celtic share price falling

Also has to be remembered that markets are not rational and follow stories as much as anything. Even if this is just wee Paddy and Senga arguing over grandpa’s estate and forcing the assets to be sold quickly to divvy out the cash, ongoing stories about it being about something else can easily spook investors, especially when the stories are very bad news financially and reputationally and are also extremely credible.

Exactly!!!

It would do no harm to tell everyone who will listen that this is indeed the abuse scandal coming home to roost.

After all, it is only within their last financial report that they have identified some possible future liabilities. It might not be a coincidence that their share price is tumbling badly right now.

You all know what I am saying - Take control of the narrative and sit back and enjoy, rather than waiting for some other explanation, one which is controlled by them.

It would be terrible if negative stuff involving that hideous club was suddenly saturating social media ? :)

Unfortunately I doubt its fatal. It just looks like the share price is too high based on expected earnings. The P/E ratio is 21 which means it would take you 21 years of dividends to get the cost of your investment back all things being equal. Just means it’s a sh*t investment and they’re kidding themselves if they think they’re a serious investment opportunity.

It would do no harm to tell everyone who will listen that this is indeed the abuse scandal coming home to roost.

After all, it is only within their last financial report that they have identified some possible future liabilities. It might not be a coincidence that their share price is tumbling badly right now.

You all know what I am saying - Take control of the narrative and sit back and enjoy, rather than waiting for some other explanation, one which is controlled by them.
You are underplaying it by saying some possible future liabilities.

It was unquantifiable contingent liabilities.

Let that sink in. Unquantifiable.

Been trying to think what could be a driver for this.

The UK Gambling Act stuff, sure theres definitely a minor impact it affects all clubs, firms that spend a fortune on advertising about to be blocked from doing so.

But this is a weird drop. Continuous, drip drip drip.

They are in the midst of Europa League with a very good draw. Top of the League. ;)

Scotland’s coefficient increase means they are guaranteed access to elite UEFA competition.

Maybe a solicitors letter has landed on the doormat (as threatened a year ago) with the club given X days to respond before it moves to the next stage ? A handful of people are aware and the sell off begins.

Surely Arsenal although confirmed to be handing over £25 million cash didn’t insert payback penalties if biscuit hips didn’t actually play a set number of matches this season ?

Mystery.

I hope it is insider information which means that somebody 'in the know' has got wind that something negative is about to happen.

I am wondering if the insurance company has delivered its report, compiled after a two year secret investigation, and it is entitled 'You're fooked, we're oot!' or similar:)

Unfortunately I doubt its fatal. It just looks like the share price is too high based on expected earnings. The P/E ratio is 21 which means it would take you 21 years of dividends to get the cost of your investment back all things being equal. Just means it’s a sh*t investment and they’re kidding themselves if they think they’re a serious investment opportunity.

So why change now when their financials last year were similar to previous years RFC ?

So why change now when their financials last year were similar to previous years RFC ?
Prob someone has had a review of their investments and decided to cash out and move their dough into something which pays better.
The amount of shares being sold is tiny, it majorly skews the share price because there are so few trades. If a major investor like DD thought there was trouble they would buy up these shares to keep the price up whilst they found a buyer.
The total amount being sold is absolute chicken feed and some of the stuff on here is embarrassing.
Some crackpot has reported this to the Regulator for insider trading and asking on here what to tell them. This thread is worthy of Kerrydale.

I hope it is insider information which means that somebody 'in the know' has got wind that something negative is about to happen.

I am wondering if the insurance company has delivered its report, compiled after a two year secret investigation, and it is entitled 'You're fooked, we're oot!' or similar:)

Acting on insider information is highly illegal and I very much doubt that is happening.

For general info:

Under the Criminal Justice Act 1993, dealing in securities on the basis of inside information, that is, information that is not yet publicly known and which would affect the price of the securities if it were made public. It is a criminal offence in the UK.

The criminal offence of insider dealing carries a penalty of an unlimited fine and/or a prison term of up to seven years. Insider trading is also covered under the civil offence of market abuse, so additional penalties such as a ban from engaging in regulated activities may also apply.

Prob someone has had a review of their investments and decided to cash out and move their dough into something which pays better.
The amount of shares being sold is tiny, it majorly skews the share price because there are so few trades. If a major investor like DD thought there was trouble they would buy up these shares to keep the price up whilst they found a buyer.
The total amount being sold is absolute chicken feed and some of the stuff on here is embarrassing.
Some crackpot has reported this to the Regulator for insider trading and asking on here what to tell them. This thread is worthy of Kerrydale.
So for 18 months the price holds firm but drops 15 percent in a week because someone has a new investment adviser? These are off book trades to so we might not be seeing the real volume.

Acting on insider information is highly illegal and I very much doubt that is happening.

For general info:

Under the Criminal Justice Act 1993, dealing in securities on the basis of inside information, that is, information that is not yet publicly known and which would affect the price of the securities if it were made public. It is a criminal offence in the UK.

The criminal offence of insider dealing carries a penalty of an unlimited fine and/or a prison term of up to seven years. Insider trading is also covered under the civil offence of market abuse, so additional penalties such as a ban from engaging in regulated activities may also apply.
You know what else is illegal but Celtic do it anyway?

You might very well be right, mate, but if this fluctuation gives us an opportunity to undermine confidence in the Company, then I am all for it.

I have decided that it is due to the "elephant in the room" and that suits my purposes.

Even if it merely provokes the media into investigating the possibility that the drop in value is due to pending liabilities, then that will do for me.

That someone just caused 15-20m to be wiped their market value this week for the sake cashing in for 150ish grand! Is that normal?

For general info:

I know that but it still goes on and is hard to trace when those benefiting are not insiders themselves, but may have received information second or third hand which has been 'leaked', maybe inadvertently, from someone 'in the know' and not necessarily an employee of Nonceco. For, example an employee of an insurance company.

Maybe not though.

Just found this on the Paedo Rumours site. It will be gone by tomorrow. Their Ed simply does not tolerate such discussion.

16 Jan 2020 20:31:11
What's happening with our share price? Is it something to do with these allegations about big Frank Cairney being arrested on indictment as he leaves prison at the end of his current sentence? Gate arrest is the term. I know a few people that have cashed in lately. Anyone know what is going on?

The Health & Safety Executive advice on planning consent for the Dewars distillery said there was little risk of the blast zones (storage of thousands of tons of highly flammable liquid in the bonds) and this shouldn't affect other properties.
GCC extended the blast zone sizes making the land less valuable
GCC then sold the Barrowfield (Westhorn) training ground to Celtic in 2009 at discounted price because of this and other bullshit about the coal mines below the land
Celtic buy cheap land at discount price and value it much higher, and used it as security for CoOp low interest loan.

The security you posted must mean GCC get the land back if Celtic defaulted on payments for the land they bought from GCC.

Don’t know mate. To look into this you’d need to look at assets, debt, net revenue, growth, cash liquidity, small print in annual statements, quality of mgt etc etc. Sure there are folk on here know these things better than me. The implication of litigation may well be the small print exceptional items in statements that is making it an unattractive share price as the potential liabilities grow in relation to income, but even in the normal scheme of things that P/E ratio would be considered very high and a correction could be expected simply due to over optimism in the past rather than a chronic condition. You see this kind of overpricing with IPOs for example. The price always comes down but it doesn’t mean the business is failing, it was just aggressively marketed share issue. If the company has major growth prospects year on year you would maybe see a punt on a high share price with a 21P/E ratio but for a football club that price against earnings is a big gamble and for one that suddenly may not have a monopoly on scottish euro football revenues any more it doesn’t look a sensible price at all. There may be a a threat to revenues, and possible litigation ring fences cash assets potentially for years even if they win any litigation but it’s too early to say if this is the start of a major price crash. Maybe they realise they need to use up more cash on wages and transfers to beat Rangers going forward. Hopefully their stadium is falling down and they need to spend money on that. I just don’t think they are a good investment personally but it’s too early to say whether this is a blip, normalisation or something (hopefully) more serious. I’d give it a bit longer and a far bigger slide to indicate a major crisis. As I say I just dabble in this sort of stuff but I think that our upturn on the park is threatening their business and the monopoly they have had. That’s the most obvious thing to me and it’s good news. 55 might well batter them further and this could be Dave Kings ‘House of Cards’ prophecy starting to emerge. Let’s hope so.

Let's be clear, no one in the world knows why shares move up and down. It is a combination of many many factors. Profit, reputation, future earning risk, brand, personal decisions of large shareholder's

But... There is reason, and the more we can reduce confidence in the shares, the more it could spiral!

Don’t know mate. To look into this you’d need to look at assets, debt, net revenue, growth, cash liquidity, small print in annual statements, quality of mgt etc etc. Sure there are folk on here know these things better than me. The implication of litigation may well be the small print exceptional items in statements that is making it an unattractive share price as the potential liabilities grow in relation to income, but even in the normal scheme of things that P/E ratio would be considered very high and a correction could be expected simply due to over optimism in the past rather than a chronic condition. You see this kind of overpricing with IPOs for example. The price always comes down but it doesn’t mean the business is failing, it was just aggressively marketed share issue. If the company has major growth prospects year on year you would maybe see a punt on a high share price with a 21P/E ratio but for a football club that price against earnings is a big gamble and for one that suddenly may not have a monopoly on scottish euro football revenues any more it doesn’t look a sensible price at all. There may be a a threat to revenues, and possible litigation ring fences cash assets potentially for years even if they win any litigation but it’s too early to say if this is the start of a major price crash. Maybe they realise they need to use up more cash on wages and transfers to beat Rangers going forward. Hopefully their stadium is falling down and they need to spend money on that. I just don’t think they are a good investment personally but it’s too early to say whether this is a blip, normalisation or something (hopefully) more serious. I’d give it a bit longer and a far bigger slide to indicate a major crisis. As I say I just dabble in this sort of stuff but I think that our upturn on the park is threatening their business and the monopoly they have had. That’s the most obvious thing to me and it’s good news. 55 might well batter them further and this could be Dave Kings ‘House of Cards’ prophecy starting to emerge. Let’s hope so.

Cheers mate;)

The Health & Safety Executive advice on planning consent for the Dewars distillery said there was little risk of the blast zones (storage of thousands of tons of highly flammable liquid in the bonds) and this shouldn't affect other properties.
GCC extended the blast zone sizes making the land less valuable
GCC then sold the Barrowfield (Westhorn) training ground to Celtic in 2009 at discounted price because of this and other bullshit about the coal mines below the land
Celtic buy cheap land at discount price and value it much higher, and used it as security for CoOp low interest loan.

The security you posted must mean GCC get the land back if Celtic defaulted on payments for the land they bought from GCC.
Was The co-op low interest loan not associated with Labour MP Reid, the favourable loan was unprecedented aand didn't benefit the bank only the club ....hmmm

Was an article on a financial blog about them a couple days back. Maybe led to people selling their shares.

Perception plays a significant role in how they are marketed to potential investors. The lies of 60,000 home attendance every other week, 9 million fans around the world, blah, blah. Sky TV's ludicrous pro-Celtc coverage against us at the Piggery is a free advert in itself.

So an average of about 134 today?

Is this drop over 4 or 5 days from a steady level of 162 to 165 normal for companies?

Was The co-op low interest loan not associated with Labour MP Reid, the favourable loan was unprecedented aand didn't benefit the bank only the club ....hmmm

Im sure the final 6m wasn’t paid last year & the deal was extended Ark. From their financial statements months ago.

some markets are 15 mins behind and dont give out live info. Google is your friend. ;-)

Just hit a new low of 1.30

Greg Taylor of the sun was creaming his pants last year with quotes of

"Hoops are now worth £209million"

Well, greg will you be running an update?

I just checked at they have fallen by £87 million since then.

GIRFUY onlooking lurkers, justice is coming

Last edited:
Back