Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

This is Borna s last chance against the papes and I hope that he takes it. Put Maeda on the track the first time he gets the ball and then bomb the two center half’s with balls close to them.

I won't be watching.

I absolutely hate watching us at the piggery.

The Sky love in, the Liverpool song, endless close ups of pock marked, ginger mutants and Crocker's orgasmic squealing any time a mank player crosses the halfway line.

I'll switch it on when we're 3 up in injury time.

A win and this team could be legends.

A lot of people have written them off but if they win the game and go on to win the league we'll never forget this team.

That's the opportunity if they can seize it.

Absolutely gutted

Been admitted to hospital today and being kept in so will miss the game, will be reliant on listening on radio Scotland for first time since about the early 90s, going to do my head in

What I’d give to came away from there tomorrow with a win, they can keep me here till Wednesday if we do!
Rest up.

You can get sky sports on the wee hospital tv things at every bedside believe it or not. Costs about £10 for the day. Alternatively download the Now tv app and can buy a day pass to watch on your phone.

I’ve a sneaky feeling one of Matondo/Sima are making it tomorrow. No idea what I’m basing it on other than blind hope.

Rest up.

You can get sky sports on the wee hospital tv things at every bedside believe it or not. Costs about £10 for the day. Alternatively download the Now tv app and can buy a day pass to watch on your phone.

Cheers Otto

I only hope they don’t come and check Blood pressure between 12.30 to back of 2

Could be in for a fortnight

Gossip where?
images

I genuinely thought that as i got older i would kd be able to handle the build up to these games better, but im already getting a knot in my stomach with the nerves. I hope we absolutely violate them tomorrow, but I would even take a 1-0 win and then hope we can make the goal difference up in the last two games

Absolutely gutted

Been admitted to hospital today and being kept in so will miss the game, will be reliant on listening on radio Scotland for first time since about the early 90s, going to do my head in

What I’d give to came away from there tomorrow with a win, they can keep me here till Wednesday if we do!
Hope you're on the mend mate.

4-3-2-1

Tav Soutter Davie Yilmaz

Dio Sterling Lundstum

Cantwell Lawrence

Dessers

With from Tav and Yilmaz creating width, Dio and Lunstrum providing protection and Sterling on the turncoat rat.

4-1 Rangers or 3-0 and swing in goal difference.

Tav Souttat Davies Yilmaz
Raskin Dio Lundstram
Sterling Dessers Cantwell

Flood the midfield and win the battle there with Sterling and Cantwell getting a more free role. No point playing winger positions and shoehorning slow players that aren’t wingers in the roles! It wouldn’t be pretty but I bet it would be effective

Tav Souttat Davies Yilmaz
Raskin Dio Lundstram
Sterling Dessers Cantwell

Flood the midfield and win the battle there with Sterling and Cantwell getting a more free role. No point playing winger positions and shoehorning slow players that aren’t wingers in the roles! It wouldn’t be pretty but I bet it would be effective
Maybe even shoot on sight. Let's do it.

A win and this team could be legends.

A lot of people have written them off but if they win the game and go on to win the league we'll never forget this team.

That's the opportunity if they can seize it.
For so many players leaving us this may be the last “big” game of their career.

Absolutely gutted

What about a NowTV day pass mate and watch on your phone?

What has been mentioned in before, is the fact we went there in 2017 with a side that included Waghorn, Hyndman and Holt (but to name a few) and got a 1-1 draw against a Mhanky side with Brown, Tierney and Dembele.

We are more than capable compared with our squad in 2017, and this game has the ability to bring this title race down to goal difference. Injuries are against us, but the squad that will play tomorrow are miles better from back to front than ours in 2017.

Who ever wears the Rangers shirt tomorrow should be aware this is our cup final, and we can win it.

Also, we are due some luck in an Old Firm game, and I fkin hope it comes today!

I won't be watching.

I absolutely hate watching us at the piggery.

The Sky love in, the Liverpool song, endless close ups of pock marked, ginger mutants and Crocker's orgasmic squealing any time a mank player crosses the halfway line.

I'll switch it on when we're 3 up in injury time.
RTV

Just don't leave anything on the pitch, give it everything from the first whistle to the last. Put in a performance we can all be proud of and the three points will be ours.

I actually think we will be a lot better defensively than we have been recently.

Davies (for me) is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be and he offers good balance to the team when he's playing. Having Davies in there allows Souttar to play on the right side too where he is much better (again IMO). Ridvan is massive for us, fingers crossed he's fit and can last the 90.

My biggest issue going into the game is the same one that I have had for years. If we are to pull off a shock result, I just don't know where the goals are going to come from. Excluding Tav, I think the rest of our entire squad only have 9 goals in old firm games, 3 of which came from Goldson and Souttar and another 3 (I think) came from Roofe years ago.

I am going into the game with hope rather than expectation and I also have a completely illogical thought of "we must be due a win" too but the sad truth is that I just don't believe in these players.

The games in which we have been most successful against them.are when we don't let them dictate the play.If we press them we have a chance,sit back and let them play then it will be same story.

In their ugly Mhutant faces from the first whistle to the last today lads. Battle Fever Well And Truly ON. 2-1 us.Just do it Bears. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

My team:

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz

Sterling Lunny Dio

Cantwell Dessers Silva.

Alternatively:

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz

Raskin Lunny Dio

Sterling Dessers Cantwell.

Neither are perfect, no great pace and missing goal threats. I think Silva will help, can carry the ball better than most in our team and I don’t think he’ll be phased.

That’s despite me not being a huge fan.

3-1 us.

Dessers, Silva and Lawrence. Any win will do.
I like your thinking Jim, just hope Yilmaz is fit. Raskin's lack of recent game time is a bit of a worry for me, however if he plays his range of passing can get us on the front foot which is where we need to be. Just hope Dessers can take advantage of chances which come his way, he cost us big time in the last match at their place.
I'm assuming you have Lawrence coming off the bench to score ? He's certainly capable, let's hope he can make one of his long range shots count.

Time to put Bheast FC in their place. They'll be on 54 if they win the title this season. Way too close for comfort.

With the lack of quality wide options I really hope Clement changes his formation and goes
4-3-2-1.

Butland

Tavernier
Souttar
Davies
Yilmaz

Raskin/Sterling
Lundstram
Diomande

Cantwell
Lawrence

Dessers

That team will control the midfield and both Lawrence and Cantwell have the ability to arrive late in the box and get on the end of things, plus they can both strike a ball from outside the box.

It means that Tav and Yilmaz will need to put in a mammoth shift and provide our width, but both are capable of that, particularly our captain, who's done it for years.

This is not a good celtic side, as St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock have already shown this season.
There is zero physicality in their side, they're defensively poor, but they are clinical and can be rapid on the break.

Every player needs to stand up, start well, don't give away cheap possession, defend with discipline and take our chances.
We can definitely do this, but a lot will depend on team selection imo.

Please don't let us down Rangers.

How many minutes into the game before Tav shites it and has a brain fart? (Tongue in cheek).. LOL. Let’s hope not and we somehow pull a performance out the bag!

I’m actually quite calm which is unusual, I’m usually on my 2nd stress shite by now.
I’m usually the opposite mate I’m normally always looking through my blue tinted specs. Hopefully that’s an omen for a Rangers win today. Come on!!!!!!

I’m actually quite calm which is unusual, I’m usually on my 2nd stress shite by now.
Same. Although the reason for my calmness is because I’m not expecting anything from this. Hate it but I guess having seen a lot of these players churn out the same performance against them in recent years has me feeling this way.

Hopefully they can pull something out the bag

Biggest issue will be the difference in options on the two benches.

I don’t expect us to get run over, I think we will be well in the game with 20 minutes to play, however the fact they will have pace and striking options on the bench if they need a goal against what will be a tiring midfield and defence is a big concern.

Our bench is likely to consist of Wright, Roofe, Cantwell, King, Barisic/Yilmaz and a couple of younger players. If we need to change the game or bring on fresh legs we are severely limited.

That said, 3-1 Rangers

Rumours are that Borna + Lawrence will be starting. Borna's inclusion would suggest Sterling in midfield.

I agree on Silva and I quite like the idea of asking something different of Cantwell. I thought McCausland did reasonably well back in December at Parkhead and he's someone who can carry the ball as well.

More hope than expectation going into the game.
Borna gives me the fear against them hasn't had a good game against them for a long time

Back