Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I have had enough terrible news lately so please don't depress me all I ask is you give it your all and don't fear this shower! Get into them, harass them, if you are going to get what you deserve make sure it's a win not a hiding! C'mon The Rangers Get the feck into them! Boss The Rings FC make my day a great day, no fear, no fear, NO FEAR!

Having nothing but dread for today if I’m being honest.

We’ve not scored a single first half goal against them this season and they’ve scored first half in every one. We seem to find new ways to needlessly put ourselves on the backfoot in these games and it’s a trend that extends back far too long.

I just don’t think this team have it in them to change that and go and dig out a win at the piggery sadly.

And the worst of it is it’s a bang average filth side we are playing.

Need to go out and get at them.

We sit back and let them come at us then it'll only end one way.

Go for it early doors and make the mhanky hoardes turn on them.

With the lack of quality wide options I really hope Clement changes his formation and goes
4-3-2-1.

Butland

Tavernier
Souttar
Davies
Yilmaz

Raskin/Sterling
Lundstram
Diomande

Cantwell
Lawrence

Dessers

That team will control the midfield and both Lawrence and Cantwell have the ability to arrive late in the box and get on the end of things, plus they can both strike a ball from outside the box.

It means that Tav and Yilmaz will need to put in a mammoth shift and provide our width, but both are capable of that, particularly our captain, who's done it for years.

This is not a good celtic side, as St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock have already shown this season.
There is zero physicality in their side, they're defensively poor, but they are clinical and can be rapid on the break.

Every player needs to stand up, start well, don't give away cheap possession, defend with discipline and take our chances.
We can definitely do this, but a lot will depend on team selection imo.

Please don't let us down Rangers.
That's exactly the formation and team I would go with mate. Only worry is he hasn't changed to it during his time here so far. Fingers crossed he does this time.

Woke about an hour and half ago, nervous for game, and I’m still nervous, it is getting worse. I am never this nervous usually.

Come on Rangers!

6:33am and I'm fecking wide awake!

6 hours to kick off, f.uck!

I know the feeling mate, no booze last night, been awake since just after 6, up before 7. Although I'm nearly 67 and a lazy get, I'm thinking of heading to the gym to sit on the bike and do treadmill to kill an hour. Then a steamie, get paper and home. I live NW England but 2 Square sausage out of freezer for grilling and onto 2 rolls in time for k.o. Just do it Rangers.

First 10/15 minutes will tell us a lot.

They'll come out all guns blazing to finish us by HT. We've got to be prepared for that. Play to the whistle, no stopping and greeting for fouls and throw ins you think are ours. Get the game face on and shut that smarmy bastard in the other dugout up for once.

If we have the balls to play through their press then we can hurt them. If we play hoofball as we're far too quick to resort to and do so far too often then their back four will eat that nonsense up.

Same mate, just had a cup of tea and I'm about to head out myself.
Any local Park Runs taking place near you guys? 9.00am start for a 5K run, jog, or even a walk every Saturday morning, alongside probably a few hundred other like minded souls, they're normally very well organised, and it's free to enter.

If we can take the lead and hold off the immediate onslaught the game will shift significantly to our favour.

Were it to evolve into a counterattack strategy then even the likes of a Scott Wight may have a part to play.

First goal beyond crucial, it is essential.

Do or die tomorrow, that's it.

Down in Bradford tonight/tomorrow, can't find a bar that is showing the game live, plus the sports bars don't open to fecking 1pm.
So, looking like I'll be watching on my iPad in my serviced apartment.
It does has a sofa to hide behind! :))
Get the train to Leeds.
20 minutes.

First 10/15 minutes will tell us a lot.

They'll come out all guns blazing to finish us by HT. We've got to be prepared for that. Play to the whistle, no stopping and greeting for fouls and throw ins you think are ours. Get the game face on and shut that smarmy bastard in the other dugout up for once.

If we have the balls to play through their press then we can hurt them. If we play hoofball as we're far too quick to resort to and do so far too often then their back four will eat that nonsense up.

The no stopping and greeting for fouls is a political many miss.

We constantly put hand up and claim foul/throw and before you know it the oppo are away.

Tav was at it v killie last week.

Play on ffs

Dessers is still due a goal in this fixture.

Especially after that September debacle at Ibrox.
Tbf to him he had 1 ruled out for nante in Sep and the last game when it was a foul a fair bit before he finished the chance so he’s shown he’s more than capable. 2-1 win with Dessers winner and we will win the league.
If we do beat them I can see them dropping points at Killie or if they are lucky a slender win while we take 5 off Dundee at home

This would be one of the sweetest ever if we can get a win here.

More likely though that the players will collapse again and provide us with another humiliation.

Prove us wrong.

Weird build up to this game, the team will have to show us something on the park before we all get that 'shit this could really happen' moment.

Give us Betis away type performance and we'll all be happy.

Any local Park Runs taking place near you guys? 9.00am start for a 5K run, jog, or even a walk every Saturday morning, alongside probably a few hundred other like minded souls, they're normally very well organised, and it's free to enter.
They start at 9:30am mate.

Do or die tomorrow, that's it.

Down in Bradford tonight/tomorrow, can't find a bar that is showing the game live, plus the sports bars don't open to fecking 1pm.
So, looking like I'll be watching on my iPad in my serviced apartment.
It does has a sofa to hide behind! :))
The Wrose Bull in Shipley is showing it, if that's anywhere near you. Literally just outside Bradford.

I dont fancy us one bit today, the same group of players have let us down continually and gave away cheap goals almost every time we have played them, so I am not confident, however, I believe they will run out of steam in or around the 70 min mark, if we are still in the game around this time we might just pull it off, if we do I defo will be pulling it off.

All this talk about them coming out quick, well how about us coming out quick and harassing them from the whistle, fuuckin intae these bastards, Rangers

I dont fancy us one bit today, the same group of players have let us down continually and gave away cheap goals almost every time we have played them, so I am not confident, however, I believe they will run out of steam in or around the 70 min mark, if we are still in the game around this time we might just pull it off, if we do I defo will be pulling it off.
Hope you have a good chug, Jono

First time ever I’m feeling calm before an old firm. Very important to get that first goal and kill the atmosphere in the ground

Another collapse should finish these players (they already are to most). If clement cant see that and sticks by them next season we will be back here next year

I think the Celtic controlling midfield narrative gets a bit overstated just because we're not used to another team dominating possession.

Betis controlled midfield but we were the better team and could hurt them. Sterling can hurt Greg Taylor and I think be more effective for the team in that position than just a destroyer in midfield.

Cantwell should be able to nullify McGregor from deep then it's up to Dio and Lunny to play well.

They’ve written us off and think it’s already won. 100% effort today and give them no gifts and we will win. Come on Rangers No Surrender.

Wee need Ridvan to play so we can get Sterling in the middle of the park to get stuck in about them which we need today
I honest dont think Ridvans fitness will have any bearing on Sterling.

If Ridvan isn’t fit then Borna will play.

Sterling will either be wide right or centre mid. However going on current games I can’t see anything other than wide right

I am not nervous about this game, we have been written off by all corners
Our team has let us down several times this season so they owe us a big performance

I think we will turn up today and get the win that will allow us to push on for the title

3-1 Bears.

We need three central midfielders in there. Not two and a number 10.

If we go 4-2-3-1 then they'll run over us in midfield. If Sterling 'needs' to play wide to help Tav then get Raskin in there.

If we go 2 v 3 in midfield and lose the battle for the umpteenth time then I'm going to run headfirst into the nearest wall.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cantwell on the bench, although I'd rather he was swapped with Sterling to get him into the middle.

Back