Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I'm not expecting much from us today but I'm hoping for a big surprise. I fear the players have checked out and we just don't have it in us to win there.

It's all-or-nothing from us. We need to be aggressive, we need to get the ball forward quickly and we need to cut out the stupid errors.

I really hope we go for three in midfield and try to win that battle for once. Everything comes from there. If we move Sterling in there, he helps us dominate that lot.

Would think this would definitely be the wrong move. Cantwell should be able to nullify McGregor more than Lawrence who isn't mobile at all.
Cantwell would be playing in the front three, or not at all for me. As would Lawrence. Whoever of them plays (hopefully Cantwell) then I hope it’s as part of the front three, because we need a solid midfield three.

Two things give me the fear for today,

4 2 3 1 - I have a lot of faith in Clement but surely he must recognise we can't play this against them or they will run us over.

The players bottle, we know the usual faces and the bottle crashes, need them to stand up and give the biggest 90 odd minutes they have, then find some more, give everything and leave everything on that pitch

Cantwell would be playing in the front three, or not at all for me. As would Lawrence. Whoever of them plays (hopefully Cantwell) then I hope it’s as part of the front three, because we need a solid midfield three.
I understand the rationale but think Sterling will be more effective for us on the right, and think if Clement played Lammers vs Betis away, he'll probably play a ten again.

It's a shame Raskin has gone to shit and limited our options in the middle.

First time ever I’m feeling calm before an old firm. Very important to get that first goal and kill the atmosphere in the ground
Likewise. Normally a bag of nerves. If I had the ability as a player then I’d be no use on old firm days due to the nerves normally. Today, I’d be running through brick walls. I think the pressure is off and we have nothing to lose. We just need to go all out for the win and what will be will be.

I’ve had us written off all week but you just never know.

While I don’t have much confidence in the team’s ability to get a result today you need to remember we’re not going away to Leverkusen or Real Madrid. We’ve been to more difficult places than Celtic and got results in difficult circumstances. You only need to think as far back as Real Betis. We’re overdue a win against them and we’ve been quite unlucky a couple of times this season where officiating has gone against us or we’ve lost a flukey goal.

It’s a must-win, but it also feels like a bit of a free hit and an opportunity to go for them at their place.

We’ll need to score a few as the VAR team will do their best to rule our goals out but it’s more than doable.

Quite relaxed.

Think it's because we've been let down so many times...

If we win though I'm getting pished and pumping the miss tonight (no pics).

He won't do it but as many have said
Middle 3
Sterling
Did
JL
Don't give up the midfield

Put Sterling on McGregor. Don't give him a second.

Lundstram and Diomande can then dictate the game.

0-0 at half time we have a chance. Please please please don’t give away another stupid early fucking goal Rangers.

I'm not expecting much from us today but I'm hoping for a big surprise. I fear the players have checked out and we just don't have it in us to win there.

It's all-or-nothing from us. We need to be aggressive, we need to get the ball forward quickly and we need to cut out the stupid errors.

I really hope we go for three in midfield and try to win that battle for once. Everything comes from there. If we move Sterling in there, he helps us dominate that lot.
How have the players checked out? Honestly the amount of shite that gets posted on here is of the scale

If that team selection is correct we’re in for a long day.

It just has to be a flatter midfield 3 with energy and legs.

Two things give me the fear for today,

4 2 3 1 - I have a lot of faith in Clement but surely he must recognise we can't play this against them or they will run us over.

The players bottle, we know the usual faces and the bottle crashes, need them to stand up and give the biggest 90 odd minutes they have, then find some more, give everything and leave everything on that pitch
Must be 4-4-2 ...or 3-5-2

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Diomande Lundstram Lawrence
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

If so, that midfield gives me the fear as there’s very little energy in there
That team is not winning at Celtic Park.

Lawrence is going to be chasing shadows all game leaving Lundstram and Diomande overrun.

Cantwell should be benched imo.
He’s not shown up in this fixture at all this season
Agree play him off bench if he starts it's red card waiting to happen and it will be hard enough with 11
Start Lawrence bring Todders on at 60mins to score the winner

Back