Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Diomande Lundstram Lawrence
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

If so, that midfield gives me the fear as there’s very little energy in there

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see how anyone could watch Tom Lawrence this season and think he's got the energy and legs for a Parkhead Old Firm game.

He was chasing shadows at Ibrox the entire time he was on the park.

Likewise. Normally a bag of nerves. If I had the ability as a player then I’d be no use on old firm days due to the nerves normally. Today, I’d be running through brick walls. I think the pressure is off and we have nothing to lose. We just need to go all out for the win and what will be will be.

I’ve had us written off all week but you just never know.
Same.
Doesn't even feel like an OF day.

Not sure why - probably do expect us to lose deep down if I'm honest but aa you say, you just never know.

Cantwell would be playing in the front three, or not at all for me. As would Lawrence. Whoever of them plays (hopefully Cantwell) then I hope it’s as part of the front three, because we need a solid midfield three.

Aye. Cantwell coming in off left. Leave Silva on bench to replace Dessers after an hour.

I'm not expecting much from us today but I'm hoping for a big surprise. I fear the players have checked out and we just don't have it in us to win there.

It's all-or-nothing from us. We need to be aggressive, we need to get the ball forward quickly and we need to cut out the stupid errors.

I really hope we go for three in midfield and try to win that battle for once. Everything comes from there. If we move Sterling in there, he helps us dominate that lot.
My thoughts too. I don't think this team have what it takes but I hope I'll be surprised at FT.

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see how anyone could watch Tom Lawrence this season and think he's got the energy and legs for a Parkhead Old Firm game.

I would be shocked if he starts to be honest.

just gives them reason to target both full back areas with ease now.

Barisic at Parkhead :)) It’s really unreal if that’s the side.

Lundstram has been chasing shadows for couple of months so god help Dio beside those two.

Reactions: SDF
Won't need to watch as a pre arranged event with the eldest before fucture was arranged. Sadly feel this has 3 zip mentally challengeds all over it ,I just have zero faith in our usual suspects. Also trying to time the train to avoid committing hate crimes

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

Get all we deserve if thats genuine to be honest.

Starting Borna at parkhead yet again is a receipe for disaster. He'll need subbed at half time and that's a sub down. Diomande doing the work for 3 so we'll be over ran in midfield. Sterling wasted right ring yet again.

If borna starts and Lawrence is in midfield ahead of cantwell, the manager better hope he’s right. He’ll take a lot of heat if those selections cost us.

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

Clement had learned nothing of this is correct. Lawrence is a midfield passenger. If Sterling was signed as a winger we would be saying he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

We need three central midfielders in there. Not two and a number 10.

If we go 4-2-3-1 then they'll run over us in midfield. If Sterling 'needs' to play wide to help Tav then get Raskin in there.

If we go 2 v 3 in midfield and lose the battle for the umpteenth time then I'm going to run headfirst into the nearest wall.

Been saying all week that he needs to scrap the 4-2-3-1 for this one. Surely he’s learned from the previous games?

Feel bad for Diomande as he will be the first folk look to for having a dig in midfield when this inevitably turns into the shit show we know is coming.
He is one of the few that probably gets in their team. Which shows how little Clement has to choose from.

Borna, Davies, Souttar, Lawrence, Lunstram, Dessers, Silva starting a must win game at the Piggery. Very sobering. :(

Hope to %^*& I am wrong buy they've not shown much to suggest they have it in them.

I would as well. Bad enough haivng one guy whose legs have went in the middle of the park without adding another.

I know he's not flavour of the month with the manager but are we really at the stage where Raskin in a midfield three isn't even an option ahead of Cantwell or Lawrence ?
His name doesn't even get mentioned.
Easy to forget he is even here.

It's Diomande I feel for - expecting the lad to influence the game if Lundstram and Lawrence are with him in midfield?

If that leaked team is true it is worrying that the manager can’t see what is blindingly obvious to everyone about the midfield. I know we’re screwed with injuries but we’re into Einstein’s definition of madness territory here.
Hate to say it but I agree.

Yes, resources are limited but that is a glaringly ill judged starting 11.

Prove us wrong, Rangers.

I would as well. Bad enough haivng one guy whose legs have went in the middle of the park without adding another.

I know he's not flavour of the month with the manager but are we really at the stage where Raskin in a midfield three isn't even an option ahead of Cantwell or Lawrence ?
I think Raskin has looked fairly bright in the few sub appearances he's made recently. Would be tempted to go with him Lundstram and Diomande personally. Ideally have Sterling in the middle but I just don't see a viable alternative on the right.

If that’s the team and I don’t doubt it tbh, and it results in another defeat then it raises serious concerns about the manager tbh given how he setup in the last game

if that is our starting 11 then it's going to be a long afternoon
Clement must be the only one who cannot see Sterling needs to be in the midfield
Borna at full back gives me the fear also
It's starting to be a bit of a worry if he can't see this. We've not got the players available to go there and take the game to them, as much as I'd like us to do. We need to kill the midfield if we have any chance

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

Agreed. I have even less hope of victory if that’s the line up.
Sterling needs to be in midfield and I just don’t think Lawrence has the legs to start this match.

Seen a few mhanky shirts out and about this morning. Put this lot back in their cave please Rangers.
Saw one heading for his bus wearing the grey and green with one of those Palestinian scarf things round his scrawny neck. Lunatics, please shut them up Rangers.

I get we have limited options but Gerrard went there with a midfield 3 of Davis, Jack and Kamara and got a result against a much better version of them. Combined transfer fees of £50k for that midfield.

Sometimes its not about how much money you can spend but making the best of the options you have available and finding tactics to get a result.

Back