Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Diomande Lundstram Lawrence
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

If so, that midfield gives me the fear as there’s very little energy in there
If that is the team I think we are feckd. Borna shouldn’t be anywhere near a rangers team at Parkhead, Lawrence does not have the legs for the game, Sterling is wasted out wide right and Silva is pish wide left. Hope tofeck I’m wrong but that team is seriously concerning.

If that's the team we will lose, however the manager is clearly down to the bare bones.

Sterling in the right is to cover and support the Captain imo. People are asking for Raskin in midfield when he was atrocious against Motherwell and got hooked at halftime.

What other options does Clement have?

Tav Souttar Davies Borna
Diomande Lundstram Lawrence
Sterling Dessers Silva

Allegedly

If so, that midfield gives me the fear as there’s very little energy in there
If that's it I'd prefer Sterling in Midfield and Lawrence wide right, or wide left with Silva right. We need legs, and power in midfield.

Borna is a disaster too, he shits himself against them time and time again

Please don't be the team

If that’s the team above then god help us. Tom Lawrence starting in midfield and Barisic at left back makes you want to greet. Need to hope it’s a midfield of Sterling, lundstram and diomande, only hope of us winning game if that’s the team. Yilmaz needs to be starting left back and I would have a front 3 of McCausland, dessers and cantwell. McCausland and tav is the best partnership we have currently on the right hand side. McCausland keeps the ball well and tracks back well.

If that is the team I think we are feckd. Borna shouldn’t be anywhere near a rangers team at Parkhead, Lawrence does not have the legs for the game, Sterling is wasted out wide right and Silva is pish wide left. Hope tofeck I’m wrong but that team is seriously concerning.
To be honest, that we was the team I expected him to play.

It's so concerning we play the same formation against them every time and expect things to change

I miss Walter, not afraid to mix it up, throw in a curve ball, always unsettled them

If that's the team we will lose, however the manager is clearly down to the bare bones.

Sterling in the right is to cover and support the Captain imo. People are asking for Raskin in midfield when he was atrocious against Motherwell and got hooked at halftime.

Play 3 midfielders (Sterling, Diomande and Lundstram) who’ll provide adequate cover to the fullbacks. We always used to have midfielders dropping back and covering for our fullbacks attacking.

Could play McAusland wide right and he gets up and down the park for 90 minutes.

Get all we deserve if thats genuine to be honest.

Starting Borna at parkhead yet again is a receipe for disaster. He'll need subbed at half time and that's a sub down. Diomande doing the work for 3 so we'll be over ran in midfield. Sterling wasted right ring yet again.
Yup and the real problem unless he has no other options is how the manager cannot see it either,we all know that bornas bottle has gone and more so at that midden but if ridvan is fit and he prefers borna then I’m afraid he’s making a rough bed for himself,anyway beers at the ready along with the paracetamol as going by that team I think I will need them .

A little baffled by the negativity towards Clement based on the alleged team.
It would be showing he’s learned nothing from the last two games.

It is also indicating he cant find solutions and had reverted to “safe” but flawed selections. His ability to tweak things to a positive effect was one of the initial things about him that so impressed.

So it’s a worry on both counts.

Play 3 midfielders (Sterling, Diomande and Lundstram) who’ll provide adequate cover to the fullbacks. We always used to have midfielders dropping back and covering for our fullbacks attacking.

Could play McAusland wide right and he gets up and down the park for 90 minutes.
McCausland has been getting it tight recently as well. He doesn't provide the same protection as Sterling.

I don't like the team either but the managers hands are tied

If it is Barisic and Yilmaz starting I’d be going with a front 6 of:
Lundstram Sterling
Cantwell Dio McCausland
Dessers

Who would you bring in? Albertz? Hateley? de Boer?
No, I’m not sure why people are coming up with this rubbish.

The personnel isn’t great we all know that. That’s exactly why we should setup to play to our own strengths and target their weaknesses.

The midfield 3 should be Diomande, Lundstram and Sterling. Going into the game with the same shape/team/tactics as our last 2 defeats makes zero sense.

Or maybe he doesn’t have a feasible set of fit options
im talking more about the players that are fit and will start and the positions he plays them in. Sterling wide right for example. Borna as LB when Ridvan was fit enough for game time last week then he should be starting.

You can't write Raskin off because of 45 minutes two months ago.

Plenty others have stunk the place out with their performances and remain in the team but we're holding him to a different standard ?

I get why Sterling is wide right to help Tav. I don't like it because I prefer him in midfield but I understand it.

I don't get why Clement(if the team is true) would select Tom Lawrence over Raskin in a game where you need legs in the middle of the park to combat the energy of Hatate & O'Riley and stop McGregor dictating play. Lawrence was breathing out his arse against them at Ibrox and was miles off it.

McCausland has been getting it tight recently as well. He doesn't provide the same protection as Sterling.

I don't like the team either but the managers hands are tied
He has been getting it tight but he does provide defensive cover. Like I said though with a more defensive midfield a lot of cover can be provided by the midfield 3. Just like it used to be.

Ross was just a suggestion as an alternative. I think the shape is almost more important than a lot of the personnel today.

Ridvan?

Plenty others have stunk the place out with their performances and remain in the team but we're holding him to a different standard ?

I get why Sterling is wide right to help Tav. I don't like it because I prefer him in midfield but I understand it.

I don't get why Clement(if the team is true) would select Tom Lawrence over Raskin in a game where you need legs in the middle of the park to combat the energy of Hatate & O'Riley and stop McGregor dictating play. Lawrence was breathing out his arse against them at Ibrox and was miles off it.
Raskin hasn’t kicked his arse since August. I highly doubt he comes in out the cold for this.
I understand your point about legs but we also need players comfortable with the ball and Lawrence is that.

If that's it I'd prefer Sterling in Midfield and Lawrence wide right, or wide left with Silva right. We need legs, and power in midfield.

Please don't be the team
This, hopefully Sterling in the middle with Lawrence wide, doubt it though.

He is picking Lawrence for his goal threat imo. He did the same at Ibrox as he sees him as a bigger threat than Cantwell or Raskin.

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see how anyone could watch Tom Lawrence this season and think he's got the energy and legs for a Parkhead Old Firm game.

He was chasing shadows at Ibrox the entire time he was on the park.
Scored a good goal last week because the week before we had a thread where most posters would happily have never seen him again. The bipolar FF loyal :))

Raskin hasn’t kicked his arse since August. I highly doubt he comes in out the cold for this.
I understand your point about legs but we also need players comfortable with the ball and Lawrence is that.

If we could combine the two ... how many times have we said that about pairs of players over the years.

If Ylmaz could come on last week surely he can start today unless he’s picked up another injury, he’s so much better than Borna.
Getting 10 minutes in a won game after a lengthy spell out means he is match fit? Come on man, we are all unhappy with the players we are able to send out but lets not start trying to say we have loads of options. Starting a guy with 10 minutes under his belt in the last 7 weeks or so would be a big risk, particularly as the manager will have a far better handle on where Ridvan is in his rehab.

PC has a threadbare squad and needs to pick the bones out of it all to get a side on the park. There is absolutely no selection he can make that will please everyone.

Please don't be the team
We need to be positive and on the front foot everything that Borna is not.

Back