Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

It would be showing he’s learned nothing from the last two games.

It is also indicating he cant find solutions and had reverted to “safe” but flawed selections. His ability to tweak things to a positive effect was one of the initial things about him that so impressed.

So it’s a worry on both counts.
If we had a fully fit squad then there is no way that would be his starting line up.

It's a worry because we know certain players will likely choke, but I also think unlike other managers who would gamble on the fitness of players, PC won't and he is more concerned about the longer term availability of a player.

Players he can do nothing about, but formation?

If we had a fully fit squad then there is no way that would be his starting line up.

It's a worry because we know certain players will likely choke, but I also think unlike other managers who would gamble on the fitness of players, PC won't and he is more concerned about the longer term availability of a player.

This is an all or nothing game so players should be risked

We haven't seen the formation yet

im talking more about the players that are fit and will start and the positions he plays them in. Sterling wide right for example. Borna as LB when Ridvan was fit enough for game time last week then he should be starting.
See there is the issue. Someone assuming that a player making a short appearance is fit for a full game “1 week later, shows the general lack of understanding how the professional game works.

Let me ask you this. Do you think the same guy who took us to a title race having inherited a written off team of nobody’s, feels like a fully fit Yilmaz wouldn’t be a bette option than Barisic?
The same Barisic he has had as THIRD choice left back for a few months behind Yilmaz and Sterling?

If that’s the team we have to have serious concerns about the manager
Elaborate on this? We've players not fully fit, and the one constant thing PC has went on about is how bad our injuries are. He's not gonna rush players back in and risk further injury, surely that is evident by now?

Lundstram should be dropped as well as Silva, and I'd never play Barisic at snake mountain again, but let's be real what would the alternative to them be?

If that’s the team we have to have serious concerns about the manager
I can't fathom this thinking out at all.

He has been cobbling a starting 11 together for a half season, he has worked miracles. Unfortunately, the players have fallen short. In some cases again, in others they are simply exhausted.

It is shite, yes. It isn't however on the manager.

Elaborate on this? We've players not fully fit, and the one constant thing PC has went on about is how bad our injuries are. He's not gonna rush players back in and risk further injury, surely that is evident by now?

Lundstram should be dropped as well as Silva, and I'd never play Barisic at snake mountain again, but let's be real what would the alternative to them be?
That poster is best ignored

People are frothing at the mouth about the lineup and some claiming Clement doesn’t “get it” whatever that means.

We are down to the bare bones, it’s not like he has a myriad of quality at his disposal ffs.
If Ridvan and Cantwell are both benched while fit then major doubts are starting to creep in with him.

It’s not entirely, I’m merely pointing out that the pattern that’s been repeated with the last two managers previous to Clement is back.
But it's not a pattern imo. You want a manager to build his own team. With Gerrard it took a few years to get it right too.

Beale was given that chance and he fucked us for the rest of the season, Clement however has proven he can build teams to win stuff. If we get rid of Clement then the next one will have to do the same.

Let's be honest here there is not ONE player in our entire squad that is a key player !

The mediocre level that has been built up by every manager since our return to the Premier is criminal.

Not one player being in or out if our starting 11 will effect the game, that is the saddest fact about today

Fear the worst, hope for the best

I can't fathom this thinking out at all.

He has been cobbling a starting 11 together for a half season, he has worked miracles. Unfortunately, the players have fallen short. In some cases again, in others they are simply exhausted.

It is shite, yes. It isn't however on the manager.
To a point, however think about how often under clement we have made multiple changes at half time or early second half because the starting team is wrong with the players at his disposal. That’s a concern.

Let's be honest here there is not ONE player in our entire squad that is a key player !

The mediocre level that has been built up by every manager since our return to the Premier is criminal.

Not one player being in or out if our starting 11 will effect the game, that is the saddest fact about today

Fear the worst, hope for the best
Butland clearly can affect the game. So can Tav offensively is a good way and defensively not

If Ridvan and Cantwell are both benched while fit then major doubts are starting to creep in with him.

Ridvan isn't fit , can't be anywhere near it. People have also forgotten his form the last 3 or so games before his injury-he wasn't playing well at all. He's not been trusted by the previous 2 managers either-in broad terms he's a myth.

Cantwell -we can debate till the cows come home-he hasn't been great recently indeed a long time with the exception of the Hearts game where Hearts played into our hands-it's not Hearts we are playing today but I will say IF Lawerence doesn't kick his arse then the debate about Cantwell will rage on......

He inherited a team in disarray and got them into a title race. Unfortunately the same players who have seen off two other managers reverted to type.

He has had a horrendous injury list to contend with as well. It's remarkable that he has us as close as we are.
GvB’s turgid football got him sacked, he actually could have done with Goldson being fit to save his job rather than having to play King, Sands and Davies at CB.

Beale’s terrible signings and crazy narrow formation got him sacked, no one else.

Would you like either of them back?

Laughable criticism before a ball is kicked and the formation seen.

What are the alternatives?

For me Sterling had to come back into central midfield for this.

I can see the dilemma the manager has with providing Tav with some cover in the wide areas which Sterling is probably better suited to than McAusland or Wright but we are sacrificing a strong physical presence in the middle of the park for Lawrence who is, to put it charitably, not that.

That's where they are strongest and we are conceding ground before we even kick a ball imo.

Great to see positively on this thread.
From the first minute until the last whistle I will believe.

I’m surprised at the reaction to the supposed team. If, and that’s IF, that’s the line up. Are we really that surprised? Ridvan is likely still not fully fit, so the only option is Borna.

Raskin hasn’t been any where near the team so why would he be brought in today? Lawrence wouldn’t be my first choice but I can see the logic in keeping Cantwell to come on when they have tired a bit. Same with Matondo.

The manager really doesn’t have much to play with.

Back