Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Watching footage of the team getting on the bus at Ibrox. It annoys me how many players can't even lift their heads and acknowledge the fans there to see them off. Butland, Wright, Dessers Borna and Dio gave a wave but the majority just trooped out with their faces tripping them. I know it's a small thing but it annoys me.

For me Sterling had to come back into central midfield for this.

I can see the dilemma the manager has with providing Tav with some cover in the wide areas which Sterling is probably better suited to than McAusland or Wright but we are sacrificing a strong physical presence in the middle of the park for Lawrence who is, to put it charitably, not that.

That's where they are strongest and we are conceding ground before we even kick a ball imo.
We haven't seen the formation yet-I was saying last game get Sterling in midfield but injuries took their toll.

Let's wait and see.

We can't afford any passengers today. Too many of these games have passed the likes of Cantwell and Lawrence by. Every player needs to be 100% on it.

Watching footage of the team getting on the bus at Ibrox. It annoys me how many players can't even lift their heads and acknowledge the fans there to see them off. Butland, Wright, Dessers Borna and Dio gave a wave but the majority just trooped out with their faces tripping them. I know it's a small thing but it annoys me.
Don’t mind it tbh.

Focus should be completely on the game and whatever the players need to do to feel right. For some that might be taking it all in from the fans but for others it might be music on and head down.

I’m surprised at the reaction to the supposed team. If, and that’s IF, that’s the line up. Are we really that surprised? Ridvan is likely still not fully fit, so the only option is Borna.

Raskin hasn’t been any where near the team so why would he be brought in today? Lawrence wouldn’t be my first choice but I can see the logic in keeping Cantwell to come on when they have tired a bit. Same with Matondo.

The manager really doesn’t have much to play with.
If the alleged team is the line up.
It wouldn't be my choice.
Too many bears or interlopers are throwing the towel in before a ball is kicked.

Yes, but beating Dundee and Ross County when leading a title race should be a non negotiable
1992/93 we failed to beat Airdrie(onians), St Johnstone, and Patrick Thistle during the Rubin with teams featuring Gough, Goram, Brown, Ferguson, McCoist

1993/94 we only won 2 league games between the start of April and the end of the season, dropping points to Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee, and that lot

1994/95 Hibs, hearts, Motherwell, Falkirk, them, thistle.

I could go on, but we always have, and always will drop points in a title race, and often to teams you would expect us to beat. We did it under our greatest manager, with players who were significantly better than the ones we have now.

We haven't seen the formation yet-I was saying last game get Sterling in midfield but injuries took their toll.

Let's wait and see.

Yeah certainly possible he could shuffle things around a bit and go very narrow but it would be a departure from the usual set up and leave us needing to rely on the full backs for width.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

I’m surprised at the reaction to the supposed team. If, and that’s IF, that’s the line up. Are we really that surprised? Ridvan is likely still not fully fit, so the only option is Borna.

Raskin hasn’t been any where near the team so why would he be brought in today? Lawrence wouldn’t be my first choice but I can see the logic in keeping Cantwell to come on when they have tired a bit. Same with Matondo.

Far too sensible.

Players aren’t robots you know.they are people just like you and me.some players a couple of hours before a game will go into game mode and be wholly concentrated on that and will shut out the surrounding noise.

Yup and the real problem unless he has no other options is how the manager cannot see it either,we all know that bornas bottle has gone and more so at that midden but if ridvan is fit and he prefers borna then I’m afraid he’s making a rough bed for himself,anyway beers at the ready along with the paracetamol as going by that team I think I will need them .
Guess we’ll find out shortly.

Yilmaz gets at least 45 minutes either way, you start him and you might get 70 minutes out him

1992/93 we failed to beat Airdrie(onians), St Johnstone, and Patrick Thistle during the Rubin with teams featuring Gough, Goram, Brown, Ferguson, McCoist

1993/94 we only won 2 league games between the start of April and the end of the season, dropping points to Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee, and that lot

1994/95 Hibs, hearts, Motherwell, Falkirk, them, thistle.

I could go on, but we always have, and always will drop points in a title race, and often to teams you would expect us to beat. We did it under our greatest manager, with players who were significantly better than the ones we have now.
That's a bit different when your biggest rivals are going through probably the most significant period of turmoil in their history.

From 3-7 in a row we basically just had to make sure we turned up every week to win the league.

GNSmPzjXEAAgIU7

Yup. I'm more interested in the shape than the personnel tbh. If we go with the 4-2-3-1 again and the midfield get dominated, then that's alarm bells around the manager for me. We'll find out come kick off I suppose.

Well, the rumoured team is spot on.

I would be tempted early on to put Sterling in midfield with Lawrence and Silva playing off Dessers.

Know what you’re saying, but personally, I’d happily have every player tell me to go f*ck myself if they go out and win today. :)

Back