Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Ridvan played 10 minutes and has been out for months. It's obvious he isn't fit, the manager wouldn't be playing Borna unless he had no other options.

Cantwell has done nothing against the bheasts. Lawrence is a bigger goal threat.
Aye cos lawrence was outstanding against them last time.

While I'd prefer Sterling in the middle, him playing wide right vs Taylor will be a terrific out for us all afternoon.

That is an awful team. We will get spanked. No Cantwell or ridvan is a huge mistake. Ffs - any optimism I had has completely gone.

The starting lineup gives me little hope.

It's gonna be the usual 4231 and we'll be overran by them.

Utterly depressing

If that's the case mate then I'll have major concerns over the manager going into next season. Let's see.
Yes I agree. Iv wanted him to even change during matched we needed to win and he doesn't. Its like for like swaps most games.

Watching footage of the team getting on the bus at Ibrox. It annoys me how many players can't even lift their heads and acknowledge the fans there to see them off. Butland, Wright, Dessers Borna and Dio gave a wave but the majority just trooped out with their faces tripping them. I know it's a small thing but it annoys me.
They're elite level athletes about to go into battle for the title they may appear standoffish but they'll be in "the zone".

Jesus that team was right
There isn't really an alternative unfortunately. Raskin should be doing far more to get in the team when he's fit but he's been woeful too. Injuries are killing us. No Sima, Cortes, Danilo, Roofe etc who all would hurt them. The bench is shocking. Hopefully last season of this nonsense

Desperately trying to be positive but that team doesn't inspire. Unless there's a wee change where lawreystarys off the left and Silva on the right with Sterling in midfield, then I'm fearful that we continue to make the same mistake over and over. Not much else the manager can do if Balogun and Yilmaz aren't fit enough. Bench is horrendously light as well.

A bit dramatic. This isnt mumsnet ffs

Nah, I’d spent all morning convincing myself of ways we could win.

Now what’s running through my mind is the obligatory Barisic-sleeping-mentally challenged-nips-in-at-the back post routine every time we go to Torbett Towers.

I can only assume Ridvan genuinely isn’t fit otherwise it’s madness.

However expect to see him thrown on at half time regardless if Borna has one of his usual first halves here

Why on earth is Barisic starting with Ridvan on the bench? Why why why.

I can only imagine Ridvan doesn't have the match fitness to start, as he's clearly Clement's first choice left back.

Had Cantwell been starting ahead of Silva then I'd be way happier with the side, but the selection has been made and it's time to get behind every player in a Rangers strip.

For sure we have to many injuries which limits Clements team selection but that doesn’t stop him changing things tactically particularly in the midfield which is often overrun in this game.

Very concerning IMO but I hope I get proved wrong.

Hope the good version of Dessers turns up wearing his shooting boots. The guy has got it in him. Really need him to perform today.

Our last hope is that he surprises us all and it is a 3 man midfield with Lawrence and Silva narrow ahead of it.

I’m not confident at all Silva will cope with what’s about to be thrown at him. With Borna behind him backing him up what could possibly go wrong.

We need a Benfica away performance from Silva, where he seemed to thrive on being target.

The manager has clearly learned nothing with regards to the midfield from the first half last time. It’s a concern.

Just saw the team and my heart has sank!

This is going to be a brutal match!

We are going to be right up against it now.

But we can prey!!

Back