Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

We looked so much better against them last time when we introduced pace to the wings. We've started this game with no pace again :oops:

I should add I realise we've nobody fit with pace and we really do lack options.

Ridvan played 10 minutes and has been out for months. It's obvious he isn't fit, the manager wouldn't be playing Borna unless he had no other options.

Cantwell has done nothing against the bheasts. Lawrence is a bigger goal threat.
Let’s say he started ridvan it really isn’t out of the realms of fantasy that he breaks down after 20 mins and we have to bring on Borna anyway

Obviously right behind the team, got to wonder what Cantwell feels at getting dropped again in back to back biggest games against them.
Lawrence has done nothing to earn a place in the starting eleven.
Again hope he has a blinder, but questionable selection.

1992/93 we failed to beat Airdrie(onians), St Johnstone, and Patrick Thistle during the Rubin with teams featuring Gough, Goram, Brown, Ferguson, McCoist

1993/94 we only won 2 league games between the start of April and the end of the season, dropping points to Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee, and that lot

1994/95 Hibs, hearts, Motherwell, Falkirk, them, thistle.

I could go on, but we always have, and always will drop points in a title race, and often to teams you would expect us to beat. We did it under our greatest manager, with players who were significantly better than the ones we have now.

This is the sensible answer.

As frustrating as it is for us supporters, the squad ran out of steam around the Benfica and Motherwell defeats.

All that effort to get ahead caught up with a squad already down to the bare bones.

We still have an opportunity for a treble. Let's get behind them today.

We were all convinced that was the last time we’d see Borna play at their dump - and yet here we are again. Maybe he only gets scared in the night games and will play a blinder in the sunshine….

we are going to get over run in midfield with that line up
buckle up Bears it looks like this could be a tough watch, hope i'm wrong though

Concentrate, close down and fight we cant stand off them.They can't handle that.
Sadly its a reflection of our officials that I'm expecting to see questionable decisions benefiting one team.

However the majority on here wanted Cantwell benched. Also I'd rather a fit left back than an unfit one. Who would maybe not last until halftime
How many times has barasic and tav shat the bed against that lot? how many chances does Dessers want to score, how many times does Silva fall on his arse and roll about embarrassing himself.
The game completely passed Lawrence by last month, he's a good impact sub but you need Cantwell's energy and guile out there in a game like that.

If we play the same formation, we won’t win.
Needs to be, sterling, diomande and lundstrum in the middle with Lawrence wide right, silva left and dessers through the middle.
We need to compete with their 3 in the middle of the park!!!

Hope I am wrong but I've major issues with that midfield. We could easily get overrun in there.

If he really feels that he needs to protect Tav with Sterling then bring in Raskin. Obviously, he's not been in the best of form but Lawrence was rank in the last game - he really needs to stop McGregor.

Going into this now with hope rather than belief.

Yilmaz is not fit. Why would he be played. If it isn't Barasic it's Sterling at left back. If that happened then its different arguments on here saying Sterling should be in midfield.
There's a good chance Borna needs dragged off after 20 minutes. His bags are packed, he doesnt want to be here. Yilmaz should be starting.

How many times has barasic and tav shat the bed against that lot? how many chances does Dessers want to score, how many times does Silva fall on his arse and roll about embarrassing himself.
The game completely passed Lawrence by last month, he's a good impact sub but you need Cantwell's energy and guile out there in a game like that.
Maybe so but who is replacing Tav or Barisic today. We have too many injuries.

Cos Lawrence done such a fucking great job last month.
Lundstram and borna… this is going to be a long afternoon.

No sima either on the bench ?

Options to change the game look non existent.

We’re just going to have to hang on till half time without the usual conceding first.

Our best hope is them getting nervous if it’s still level in the 2nd half
OK, the team doesn't inspire confidence - but look at the bench!

Dowell, King, Wright.....

I have no doubts if Ridvan was fit enough, he would start.
No Balogun at all.

Yes, he has history at that dump - but, Barisic has been OK recently.

Lawrence won't play the 90. His goal will have put him in front of Cantwell who can be hit or miss.

Silva was one of our better players last week. And, I think, if anyone, he could be the difference today. He may have got in Johnston's head the last game.....got him booked and conceded a pen.

That team sheet has killed the vestige of hope I was clinging to. Borna’s record at the Chamber of Secrets is the stuff of nightmares. Can’t help but think Phil has gotten this one all wrong. Desperately hoping someone is reposting this in mockery and calling me a fanny in few hours but I doubt it

Obviously right behind the team, got to wonder what Cantwell feels at getting dropped again in back to back biggest games against them.
Lawrence has done nothing to earn a place in the starting eleven.
Again hope he has a blinder, but questionable selection.
Goal of the season last week whilst Cantwell missed the coo's arse with his banjo.

That’s a poor bench. We really are lacking in options and I wouldn’t be confident of a result no matter who played out of that lot if I’m being honest.

Just feel today was obviously a day for scrapping the 4-2-3-1 and, if that’s how we’re lining up with Lawrence as the 10, it’s just madness from Clement.

Hope I’m eating my words after the game.

Back