Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

The most important game against the team above us in the league and it's the same team you would be kinda peeved at seeing come out against the sheep or hearts.

Bang average through that spine.

I wouldn't expect this team to get a result against Ross County in Dingwall never mind at celtic park.

OK, the team doesn't inspire confidence - but look at the bench!

Dowell, King, Wright.....

I have no doubts if Ridvan was fit enough, he would start.
No Balogun at all.

Yes, he has history at that dump - but, Barisic has been OK recently.

Lawrence won't play the 90. His goal will have put him in front of Cantwell who can be hit or miss.

Silva was one of our better players last week. And, I think, if anyone, he could be the difference today. He may have got in Johnston's head the last game.....got him booked and conceded a pen.

Well I give you 10 out of 10 for optimism

I hope you’re right

Sterling in midfield for a start and play ridvan from the start

Would even have Scott Wright on at right midfield to have sterling in the centre
Ridvan isn't fit enough. It's nonsense to suggest playing him over a player who is fit. Ridvan hasn't been an outstanding player either. Scott right should.t be anywhere near a Rangers top

It’s up to the team picked to perform. I’m watching more in hope than expectation . The thing is that this is not a great scum team. We need to cut out the errors at the back and up the midfield tempo. We were far too slow in those stupid defeats to Ross Dundee and Motherwell

Obviously right behind the team, got to wonder what Cantwell feels at getting dropped again in back to back biggest games against them.
Lawrence has done nothing to earn a place in the starting eleven.
Again hope he has a blinder, but questionable selection.
Should Cantwell have an issue with being dropped for such a game then there's something very obvious he can do about it and it would involve him doing what he is capable of in such a fixture.

Hope to eat my words later on this but starting Lawrence is a mistake by Clement.

The guy doesn't have the legs to keep up with the frantic pace the first 45 minutes these games are played at. He will be (slowly) chasing shadows and losing possession constantly under a high press.

I'd rather have seen Ridvan than Borna but will trust the managers judgement on that one as none of us know how fit Ridvan is.

Nonsense. Why would an unfit player be played. Its stupidity. Guess what he isn't playing cause he isn't fit enough to start.
Give him 60 minutes from the start then. He's fit enough for the bench he's for enough to start.

Borna pulls a hamstring after 10 minutes, Yilmaz is fit enough to come on then so he should he starting.

Going to be a very long afternoon defending. We need every single jersey to be bang in it today.

No surrender ever.

Fucking into these rancid papist dogs today Rangers, right into them.

I just don't get why he's wedded to that shape. Everything written about him when he was rumoured then appointed showed Clement was tactically flexible.

Does he think this squad can only play one way? That they're only smart enough to know one system? Because it's obviously not the best way to set up today.

The game will be done at half-time as per then we're asking Ridvan and Cantwell to try and fix it.

People slating a manager without options

Panty wetting battle fever

Don’t forget that Celtc team are pish

This thread is an embarrassment already
People are concerned about going into another old firm with the exact same shape.

Battle fever is well and truly on but that team selection hasn't helped!

If ever there was a game that Borna was going to shite himself - this is it.
The best he’ll come up with it’s sideways and backwards passing.
Fu(k me - it’s going to be a long day.

Really hammers home what a disaster our squad is at the moment in terms of the general level of quality/depth and our ability to either continually sign injury prone players or make not-injury prone players into crocks.

Title on the line and that's what we are going with. Going to be a long afternoon.

People slating a manager without options

Panty wetting battle fever

Don’t forget that Celtc team are pish

This thread is an embarrassment already
I'm not going to defend the conduct of posters in match threads because it does get deranged at times, but the manager does have options here.

Lawrence doesn't have the legs to start a game like this. That midfield looks like it will be overrun.

In the time since Clement announced Ridvan was “days away” at a pre-match presser weeks ago, Maeda has done his hamstring and recovered.

Somebody put a camera in our treatment room so we can see what’s actually going on please.

Is there another squad of players we’ve got to pick from that I’m unaware of?

The squad is decimated and our options are next to non existent. Every line-up carries risk.

Of course but you minimise the risks rather than maximise them.

Asking Dio to play midfield with two guys who have shown they cannot handle the pace of these games isn't minimising risk IMO

Big call from PC starting Borna.
Surely if Yilmaz is fit enough to play 60 minutes he starts the game & plays the 60.
Lawrence over Cantwell is the right decision imo.

Lets do this Rangers

Back