Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Lundstram & Diomande v McGregor, Hatate & O'Reilly.

How hard is it to realise the midfield is where these games are usually won?

Lundstram dropping in between the CB's leaves Diomande isolated v their 3.

Gerrard recognised these games were won in the middle and hardly ever lost v them. Fucking worrying Clement doesn't seem to have yet for the 3rd time in a row.

They're elite level athletes about to go into battle for the title they may appear standoffish but they'll be in "the zone".

I was unfortunate enough to be in the stadium pre match at the piggery when we lost 5-0 under murty. During the pitch walk the players and manager were shuffling about with their hands in their pockets, heads down, shoulders slumped and not even talking to each other. Watching them you knew they were lambs to the slaughter. I want my Rangers players going there with their heads up with a swagger ready to go to war like any one of us would do. I'm sick of meek capitulations.

I know it means nothing really but I'm looking for a sign of fight, we should be relishing the prospect of going there but this team just don't give that vibe.

Of course but you minimise the risks rather than maximise them.

Asking Dio to play midfield with two guys who have shown they cannot handle the pace of these games isn't minimising risk IMO

What’s the alternative though? Bring Sterling in mid and risk another part of the pitch? Bring Raskin in that hasn’t kicked a ball?

Every option carries major risk, it’s the state the squad is in.

Looking at the squad of available players as a whole today, I’m not really sure what he could/should have done differently. Ridvan plays if he’s 100% fit but he clearly isn’t. The only change you would realistically make is Cantwell in for Lawrence, but they are both much of a muchness in terms of what they bring.

People slating a manager without options

Panty wetting battle fever

Don’t forget that Celtc team are pish

This thread is an embarrassment already
People are giving options.

Celtic are a pish team they exact same thing they hit out with when we coasted to the league.

Trying to be user staunch is embarrassing

We all know the bigot bowl will be packed with entity fans chanting their sectarian and racist bile as usual. It will be super charged and hate filled environment that would see many players crumble. I just hope our players have the stomach for it. Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.

Was hoping for a few changes but that team is what I expected. Perhaps says a lot about those not starting, that PC feels they wouldn't improve what we've watched over the last few weeks.

A team full of injuries, half fit players, players who have checked out and just plain average footballers yet we have those questioning the managers lineup? Look at the bench, There isn't much we can do in all honesty. Let's just hope the players turn up and have one final push in them.

Next season is the season to see if Clement has what it takes with his transfer activity and tactics.

At the stage where I'm hoping for some sort of bizarre, unforeseeable implosion from the celtic team today. I can't imagine how we get a win any other way. We're a team absolutely on it's arse really.

Nothing about that lineup makes me think we’ll take anything from todays game.

Complete back 4 are error prone, especially at the piggery. Midfielders are outnumbers by decent players. And a paceless and wasteful front 4 that won’t put enough pressure on their below average defence.

In the time since Clement announced Ridvan was “days away” at a pre-match presser weeks ago, Maeda has done his hamstring and recovered.

Somebody put a camera in our treatment room so we can see what’s actually going on please.

As much as all the focus is on players coming in and out in the summer the injury and fitness situation is priority number 1 for me.

Whether it's the personnel who are in place or what we are doing in terms of pre-season/training there is clearly something very wrong and it needs to be sorted. I'm not having it being 'luck' as so many on here like to claim.

Brutal line up in what needs to be our showing of the season.

If we can get through the first 20 minutes unscathed then maybe the belief will grow, but at the moment, I'm very concerned that even 20 minutes of this game is going to be too much for that lot.

Grim.

People are concerned about going into another old firm with the exact same shape.

Battle fever is well and truly on but that team selection hasn't helped!
I think this summarises where I’m at too. I just don’t see the logic in keeping doing the same things which haven’t worked before. Yes squad options are limited, but if you are fit enough for the bench then give the start and try to keep the game alive. Celtic concede more goals in final 15 but yet again the game could be away by then

Playing without a 3 man midfield makes it tough to take control of the game, And if we want to press from the front it will be tough if sterling’s too deep to help Tav, puts us on the back foot straight away

Last edited:
People are giving options.

Celtic are a pish team they exact same thing they hit out with when we coasted to the league.

Trying to be user staunch is embarrassing

Yilmaz isn’t fit and Cantwell has been dung

There’s really no other options

Being defeated before a ball is kicked is embarrassing

Strange no Cantwell, he's out most creative force and at least has an edge over Lawrence in the fitness stakes.

I'm guessing that's one substitution already accounted for.

With any luck Rangers can get the lead and bring Cantwell on later to exploit space.

What’s the alternative though? Bring Sterling in mid and risk another part of the pitch? Bring Raskin in that hasn’t kicked a ball?

Every option carries major risk, it’s the state the squad is in.

Raskin would've been in the middle for me if Sterling 'needs' to be play wide right.

I get he's been poor this season but he can at least run and match the energy of their midfield.

As much as all the focus is on players coming in and out in the summer the injury and fitness situation is priority number 1 for me.

Whether it's the personnel who are in place or what we are doing in terms of pre-season/training there is clearly something very wrong and it needs to be sorted. I'm not having it being 'luck' as so many on here like to claim.
We’ve had “bad luck” with injuries for 3 straight seasons.

Forced to line up in a European Final with a midfielder up front on his own.

It’s beyond ridiculous now.

Back