Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

That team is not winning this match. Especially if it’s Sterling wide right rather than in the middle.

Struggling to remember being less excited about a starting line up. Injuries have had a huge impact but there is a lack of quality throughout the team.

It looks like Clement will just set us up tactically the way he always does. We needed to pack the midfield and protect our defence today.

Rangers-Bristol-bar-flag.jpg

Big mistake not playing Cantwell instead of Lawrence for many reasons. One of the key reasons being that, that Celtic team especially their captain and the mhanky hordes hate Cantwell. Being hated is a big motivating factor for a player see, Hateley, Barry Ferguson, Ian Ferguson et al.

Raskin would've been in the middle for me if Sterling 'needs' to be play wide right.

I get he's been poor this season but he can at least run and match the energy of their midfield.
Raskin's OF contribution thus far has been standing ball watching as a Celtic player nicked in and scored as we hoped for a free kick

Nowhere near good enough

Rightly or wrongly, if Clement gets today wrong and loses the final then you're kidding yourself if you think he gets to go into next season with a clean slate and no questions about his ability to beat Celtic.
He has played it safe. This game was crying out for a fundamental change that would tip the scales. He didn’t do it because he knows that it isn’t his fault he has inherited this team and they do what they do.

Would love to be wrong, but have to agree with those who have doubts over that team selection.

And your lineup given the circumstances is what?
Just asking because I'd be interested to hear.

I'd have played a proper 4 in the middle of the park so that we don't lose the midfield, again!

I'd have went Roofe and Dessers up top.

I'd go to win not draw, which this selection and formation is suggesting we are doing.

I hope that I'm worrying for no reason and the team play out their skins

He is clearly not match sharp, or able to last 90 minutes.

It happens all the time in football

When your option is a left back who has faltered many times at the ground, has barely played either so isn't sharp, then you have to go with the better option and thats Yilmaz imo.

Strange no Cantwell, he's out most creative force and at least has an edge over Lawrence in the fitness stakes.

I'm guessing that's one substitution already accounted for.

With any luck Rangers can get the lead and bring Cantwell on later to exploit space.
Not buying it with Cantwell

A hard working but ineffectual luxury that does not deliver decent numbers

Feeling even worse now . Please don’t shit the bed in first 20 minutes
Get over that we might be ok but we’ll need to score at least 2-3 goals today to get the win as we ain’t keeping a clean sheet today

Cantwell only has himself to blame, a 1 in 5 player who never turns up when it matters. Laurence is hardly great but at least he has got a bit of dig about him and will have a pop at goal at any opportunity.
Funny you say that about Lawrence when he is considerably worse every time than cantwell. A poor footballer with no legs.

I'd have played a proper 4 in the middle of the park so that we don't lose the midfield, again!

I'd have went Roofe and Dessers up top.

I'd go to win not draw, which this selection and formation is suggesting we are doing.

I hope that I'm worrying for no reason and the team play out their skins

I deserve to start over Roofe. He’s miles off it

Tom Lawrence should be no where near that line up.

90 minutes of battering the ball up the park to Dessers who will fall over or get caught offside as we don’t have the midfield to stand up to their 3. If Lawrence is asked to do a job on McGregor, forget it.

Tell ye what if we get pumped today then Clement has to take the responsibility for that,he has picked this line up and for me it's the wrong one Again!
That team oozes the capitulation that has lost us the league. It is by far the wrong one but are we ready to drop the captain, he’s not going to do it at this stage of the season.

Cantwell only has himself to blame, a 1 in 5 player who never turns up when it matters. Laurence is hardly great but at least he has got a bit of dig about him and will have a pop at goal at any opportunity.
He turned up against hearts in the semi

I'd expect him to turn up today

Funny you say that about Lawrence when he is considerably worse every time than cantwell. A poor footballer with no legs.
Cantwell has had alot more (missing ) games Vs Celtic that tom Laurence....

People on here making it sound like cantwell is a key player he is leaving out, his performances in big games over the last 18 months say otherwise.

I would start with a 3 at the back pull Lundstram into a 3 when defending when in possession flood the midfield with Tav and Borna being inverted and Lundstram moving in there too

Back