Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I really hope that's not the team.

We've went 2 in midfield twice against them under Clement and been completely over ran in the middle.

We can't make the same mistake a 3rd time.
Let’s be honest, in that he doesn’t seem to learn from mistakes so far.

I hope I'm totally wrong, but I just don't see that team taking this game by storm. Looks like the plan is to hang on, hope we don't concede and try and nick it at the end.

He plays Yilmaz left back. He's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to play at least 60 minutes.

He puts Sterling into midfield to give us legs, stamina and drive to get forward.

He plays a winger on the wing.

There's 3 changes that make the team more balanced

Yilmaz clearly isn’t fit enough to play 60 as Clement would have started him. Yilmaz staying fit seems to be a major issue in his short career.

I’d have played Sterling CM but understand he’s using Sterling to cover for Tav going forward.

The options aren’t great, slating the manager for going for shite option A vs shite option B is poor in my opinion.

Years of crap recruitment has led to this.

It’s as if the Manager has been undecided about the final selection and settled for experience.

Not sure if this is the way to go considering we must win to have a realistic chance of the title. Clements “Draw” comments I found very strange.

It’s not the team I’d have picked, but if they turn up and put in a performance this game can be won.

That being said, this group needs to step up and show a massive improvement from what we’ve seen of them in the past.

I hope and prey we don’t shit the bed as we always do. I’m not hopeful for today’s match. Just hope we stay in the game long enough to have chance. Really need new approach come the summer to transfers. Need a miracle today …

Hopefully this is the last game v the beasts I see some of these players in a Rangers jersey.
Massive overhaul in the summer required and a complete change in mentality at the same time.

Need a miracle today but they do sometimes
happen.

Well that’s both full backs getting attacked right away we can only hope they hold it together early or it’s going to be a long afternoon

Wonder how many times the cheat collum will have to go to var to chop off our goals. Guaranteed he will give them everything

Borna and Davies in a pivotal OF is terrifying.

I think we're gonna sit back like Betis and press in pockets, with a plan to frustrate and then sucker punch. But we're gonna let them dominate the ball with 60k fans behind them with a back four which is a crock of shit.

Big old call from Phil, hope it pays off.

Absolutely.

Centre of midfield is the top priority in these games. We’ve had Andy Little fill in at right back and beaten them before.

If the midfield is for for purpose you can play no one up front and still get chances in this fixture.
Be fair....Andy Little never even lasted 2 minutes at RB.

Indeed his first touch against Celtic was scoring a goal.....in his 2nd OF appearance.

Yilmaz clearly isn’t fit enough to play 60 as Clement would have started him. Yilmaz staying fit seems to be a major issue in his short career.

I’d have played Sterling CM but understand he’s using Sterling to cover for Tav going forward.

The options aren’t great, slating the manager for going for shite option A vs shite option B is poor in my opinion.

Years of crap recruitment has led to this.
100%

My stomach is in bits. I’m really not feeling very well at all. Just opened a Madri to try and calm the nerves.

Come on Rangers, you’re due us a result today

Not sure about that line-up. Cantwell at least brings a bit of energy and dynamism, even if he’s not on top form. Sterling wasted wide right, especially when we could do with a bit of dig in midfield. Diomande’s going to be putting in a hell of a shift. And while I’m not as big a critic of BB as some, playing away at Sporting Leprechaun when he’s trying to avoid injury before signing his Trabzonspor contract looks a ‘brave’ choice.
Not looking forward to this. Can see me forced to take the dogs for a walk within a few minutes of KO

I hope I'm totally wrong, but I just don't see that team taking this game by storm. Looks like the plan is to hang on, hope we don't concede and try and nick it at the end.

With that defence I'd say that's an extremely risky game plan that isn't likely to pay off, but Clement is paid the big bucks to make these calls I guess.

I'll be the first to say that Sterling will absolutely rag doll Taylor
Absolutely nailed on

All this pessimism with our side but no one seeing the opposition weaknesses here

Between Sterling’s pace & Lawrence’s technique we can open up Taylor & Scales at will if we’re brave enough

Lets go. 3-0 Rangers today

There isn't really an alternative unfortunately. Raskin should be doing far more to get in the team when he's fit but he's been woeful too. Injuries are killing us. No Sima, Cortes, Danilo, Roofe etc who all would hurt them. The bench is shocking. Hopefully last season of this nonsense
Roofe is on the bench.

That team oozes the capitulation that has lost us the league. It is by far the wrong one but are we ready to drop the captain, he’s not going to do it at this stage of the season.

Don’t think anyone is expecting him to drop the captain ffs.

But I was expecting to match them with 3 in middle. I was expecting legs (cantwell) not laziness (Lawrence). I was expecting Sterling in the middle where he can really take control. I was expecting silva on the bench so I didn’t have to see him doing stupid shit all game.

Back