Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

It’s not Real Madrid we’re playing FFS, some posters shouldn’t bother watching if they wetting their frillies already

This mob are rotten, nothing daft in the first 15 mins and we can win this

Just aswell it's not Real Madrid we're playing. Our record against celtic is bad enough.

So what is our game plan today then? We're giving up the midfield to sit in and hit on the counter but with zero pace how are we doing that?

We're not planning on controlling the midfield with who we've picked. We don't have the defence to sit in and grab a 1-0 with a set peice.

Can some of the more tactical people explain what the plan is going to be then?

At this point I have absolutely no idea mate.

I think we are playing the only team we can…

Telly's off, this is a Celtc love in
I won't switch it on until kick off, plus the pure hypocrisy is off the scale. Moan, moan and moan again about the lack of away fans and how it ruins the fixture yet they have a mega timothy love in, a fleeting glance at our fans in the corner and mute the crowd mics to the point you would think there were no away fans anyway.

Clement clearly hasn’t learned a thing from previous 2 old firm games unless there is a change in shape and Sterling is playing CM but starting Lawrence is baffling. Leaving out Ridvan is also mental even if he isn’t 100%. This is a must win game, start him and if he needs to come off then fair enough.

Deserves every bit of criticism that comes his way if we lose today.
aye not starting a player who is just back from injury and has played 10 mins in the last 6 weeks in completely mental

I’ve a feeling that Cantwell’s recent instagram post where he said “birds can’t fly free in a cage” is a dig at the manager.

Cantwell believes he’s better floating whereas Clement wants organisation and that’s why he finds himself on the bench.

He probably posted that the day he found out he was dropped for today.

It’s hard to feel anything other than sick at the thought of Barisic at left back. I’d have done pretty much anything to not play Barisic. And I would certainly have opted for a half fit Yilmaz instead of him.

Lawrence and his lack of athleticism is not what I would have chosen in the middle of the park.

Sleeves rolled up though I suppose and see what we can do. But it’s hard to feel remotely confident.

I don’t know if anyone else feels this as well, but I’m a million times more nervous watching on TV than I am being physically present at the game. I really struggle with nerves (and that applies to any game, not just big games like today) when I’m not there in person.

So what is our game plan today then? We're giving up the midfield to sit in and hit on the counter but with zero pace how are we doing that?

We're not planning on controlling the midfield with who we've picked. We don't have the defence to sit in and grab a 1-0 with a set peice.

Can some of the more tactical people explain what the plan is going to be then?
A lot of praying and 11 behind the ball it’s so frustrating just now we just don’t seem to sign players with big hearts anymore oh for an Ian Ferguson

For me Yilmaz was never on the cards for this due to match fitness levels and lack of game time.
I'd like to see Sterling in central midfield but Im guessing that Sterling is there to strengthen that right side and cover for Tav.
There's been a lot of focus on how Tav will cope in this fixture defensively and the gaps when going forward.
I expect Diomande will be having a busy shift working with Lawrence but it could work imo.
Lawrence initially starting over Cantwell is probably due to mentality in a pressure cooker game especially with our officials and 60000 rhabids.
Cantwell will be on for him more than likely from about he 60 minutes I'd imagine.
There's absolutely no guarantee that starting Cantwell would be a significant advantage given some of his form.
No Sima is a really dissapoining and as for having Roofe on the bench as a back up.
I find that the most concerning aspect of the whole squad although I hope he proves me wrong.

a bit of perspective. Our first choice front three are out. Cortes, Danilo and Sima. Imagine having those three fit and available. That’s a lot of quality.

Foe the first time I am dreading this.

Team has no pace and is probably the smallest Rangers team I can remember.

Goldson balogun Jack sima matondo cortes danilo all unavailable.

Come on Rangers, please surprise me.

It was a mistake to drop Cantwell for the last game against them.
Cantwell and Lawrence have both been very inconsistent this season, but I think Cantwell would offer more.
Hope I'm proved wrong.

Looking at the squad of available players as a whole today, I’m not really sure what he could/should have done differently. Ridvan plays if he’s 100% fit but he clearly isn’t. The only change you would realistically make is Cantwell in for Lawrence, but they are both much of a muchness in terms of what they bring.
We can't keep rolling out that excuse..
I'm not buying that Silva is our best option. He can't be. Our left side now is Barisic and Silva....that's the best we can muster?

We don't need to stick to the same shape you know. There was nothing to stop us beefing up the midfield for this one.

Don't deserve the title if we cant beat them lot

Quite a post for a new member.

The team who deserves the title is the one who finishes on top - in all leagues, in all countries, in all scenarios.

Sure it would be remarkable if we somehow pipped them by virtue of them losing at Kilmarnock again (and sure, probsbly complete fantasy aswell)

But what would you say? The title is diminished, cheapened, by the failure to win an Old Firm game ?

How come the mhanks take some hidings home and away in Europe from some average European teams over the years and we don't/can't lay a glove on them ?
Rhetorical question there.

I hope I eat my words but there is no way that team gets anything at the pigsty.
The scum will be six points clear at 2.15 today.
Clement will have to carry some of the blame as if Yilmaz is fit enough to be on the bench, at this stage of the season, he has to start.
The scum will probably lose to Killie but it won’t matter.

For a game of this magnitude why was our team leaked last night
Seen people saying the team would be what it is on here last night. That is worring

Foe the first time I am dreading this.

Team has no pace and is probably the smallest Rangers team I can remember.

Goldson balogun Jack sima matondo cortes danilo all unavailable.

Come on Rangers, please surprise me.
First 20 will decide how this game will pan out. Avoid conceding in this period and we have a chance of slugging it out.

We need bravery from all our players.

and do you think having played 15 mins in the last 6 weeks, he will be fit?

He’s got to play some time! He’s been training supposedly and the guy who’s in ahead of him is someone who has let us down consistently at parkehead over his rangers career, and in general this season.

If we score today I wish there’s no silly celebrations for Tik tok or social media. Just lift the ball back to the circle and at them again by the throat, keep the pressure on. We need to destroy these vermin today.

Clement clearly hasn’t learned a thing from previous 2 old firm games unless there is a change in shape and Sterling is playing CM but starting Lawrence is baffling. Leaving out Ridvan is also mental even if he isn’t 100%. This is a must win game, start him and if he needs to come off then fair enough.

Deserves every bit of criticism that comes his way if we lose today.
Rubbish. He can only pick the players he thinks are best for the job based on what he (and none of us) have seen in this past week of prepping for the game.

No devine right to expect turn up at a place we've not won a meaningful game in for years and suddenly win today. It'll take a huge effort by whoever the starting line up consists of. At least bring yourself to support them and put the pitchfork away.

Setting the boss up for hanging before a balls even been kicked.

Enjoy the game.

Back