Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I just don’t think we have the quality to challenge him
Mate he has started with Lawrence in midfield and our most solid midfielder at RW. Why are people still defending his team selections. Yes we have injuries but he’s went into his 3rd old firm game and shown he hasn’t learned a thing from the first 2.

Every single person on here said we needed a solid midfield 3 with Sterling in there and he starts with fvcking Lawrence. Absolute shambles

Collum couldnt wait to get that red card out, couldnt get it out quick enough, lundstram catches him on the ankle, studs up, dont think theres malicious intentint that, johnston isnt badly hurt, and collum saw that incident in real time deemed it was a booking, should move on, no need to pull it bad and check it, gurantee if it was against us it would remain a yellow
Mate if McGregor done that on Tav I'd be screaming for a red

No surprises in the 1st half.

Silva has the heart of a mouse, 2 players watch Oriley drift into space and don't match the run.

The less said about Beckenbauer the better.

Make a fist of it 2nd half you gutless cants and see where it takes us.

Ps. If Clement doesn't know by now the old guard have no stomach for the fight he'll be the latest in a long list to get his jotters.

The worrying thing is there is apparently a deal on the table, he will end up reluctantly signing when he sees nobody else wants him and we will be stuck with him for 4 more years (Goldson over again)
That would be an incredibly stupid decision.

I’ll stick up for the gaffer here. He can only piss with the cock he’s got.

He’s inherited this bunch, and with injuries he’s limited in the 11 he picks that he thinks he can win the game.
Sadly a few of them are serial losers, and I know, you know, we know that.

We need to rebuild and not just try and fix the issue with journeyman panic buys.
I get your point but he’s said repeatedly he wants to keep Lundstram, if he really means that then it’s a huge red flag

I feel for Lundstram.
He simply doesn't have the legs to play against their midfield. I genuinely think the own goal was because he was already to leggy to adjust.

Johnston has been clever, just gets his foot down between Lundstram and the ball and means any challenge coming in will be at least a foul and with VAR, that's always going to be a red.

The rangers player doesn’t take the hit there. The jump out the way and cry to the ref about the man flying in.

BTW, it'll get lost in all this but anyone who doesn't have concerns about how Phil sets up and approaches OF games is a better person than me.

This isn't a get him out or sack him or anything like that so we can park that but he's left us wide open in the middle of the park and outnumbered yet again.

What is he seeing that we're not ?

Clueless. Clement not you.

Worst thing about that is the fans there don't even believe in their team. Before the opener and after our goal you could tell it was getting antsy. It's not a cauldron like it's been before.

We've just shat the bed again. I think that's the most wretched individual performance I've ever seen in an Old Firm by Lundstram.
Even when we scored they stopped singing straight away, fake support and fake stories to that place and fans being the best in the world.

I see some of us are back to the comfort of blaming the ref for corruption instead of the reality staring us in the face about the absolutely disgraceful performance from team and manager so far.

Ref maybe made the odd mistake about players getting held, but there is no chance in hell that JL has been wrongly sent off.

THe players are to blame here.

Collum couldnt wait to get that red card out, couldnt get it out quick enough, lundstram catches him on the ankle, studs up, dont think theres malicious intentint that, johnston isnt badly hurt, and collum saw that incident in real time deemed it was a booking, should move on, no need to pull it bad and check it, gurantee if it was against us it would remain a yellow
Mate he gave a yellow so I can’t understand he couldn’t wait to get the red out.
It was a red from a fucking stupid challenge, he’s been off it all match.

Everyone writing us off in here needs a good shake. Aye we're down to 10 men, aye we're down a goal. It was always going to be a tough game but let's get behind the fkn team. We need 1 monumental half here to potentially win the league.
What we supposed to get behind? A team that couldn’t a %^*& and just produced one of the worst 45 minutes in an old firm game in years? A scouse charlatan selling the jerseys? Give me a break min

Really concerned about Clement and how he sees games

Nothing ever changes

He cannot lose the cup final. No Rangers manager can go their first 4 games not beating them and then have to face them away first next year
His hands are tied behind his back. Have you just watched that first half? There is five guys out there not fit to pull on the jersey ever again.

Clement needs to get us attacking. Get Sterling in the middle and bring Wright on.

Clearly not great options, but what's the point of seeing out this game to a 1 goal defeat? Have a fucking go at them.

They are utter mince, which makes it even worse, tbh.

We just have a psychological block playing them.

They'll get another when we haven't woken up just after break, and it'll be game over.

It happens again and again.
Their defence can be got at but their midfield is miles better than ours.

BTW, it'll get lost in all this but anyone who doesn't have concerns about how Phil sets up and approaches OF games

This isn't a get him out or sack him or anything like that so we can park that but he's left us wide open in the middle of the park and outnumbered yet again.

What is he seeing that we're not ?
He's a weak manager. For all the talk he can't make the big decisions still - we've just got more of the same unless there is some dramatic change.

I've no idea what he watched and bases his decisions on and the idea we don't have other options is absolute bullshit.

Lundstram played today because he has to play in the managers eyes. Not because he's earned it or it's the right thing. He just had to play him despite him being %^*& shit for weeks.

No surprises in the 1st half.

Silva has the heart of a mouse, 2 players watch Oriley drift into space and don't match the run.

The less said about Beckenbauer the better.

Make a fist of it 2nd half you gutless cants and see where it takes us.

Ps. If Clement doesn't know by now the old guard have no stomach for the fight he'll be the latest in a long list to get his jotters.
Silva has played well

Back