Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Collum couldnt wait to get that red card out, couldnt get it out quick enough, lundstram catches him on the ankle, studs up, dont think theres malicious intentint that, johnston isnt badly hurt, and collum saw that incident in real time deemed it was a booking, should move on, no need to pull it bad and check it, gurantee if it was against us it would remain a yellow
He was so quick to get it out, he needed VAR to correct it

He's came horsing in from 15 yards away, caught him studs up into the ankle and above

IFAB could put that video into the laws of the game as the defintion of Serious Foul Play...

I feel for Lundstram.
He simply doesn't have the legs to play against their midfield. I genuinely think the own goal was because he was already too leggy to adjust.

Johnston has been clever, just gets his foot down between Lundstram and the ball and means any challenge coming in will be at least a foul and with VAR, that's always going to be a red.
The 30k a week he is getting paid (some of which we will have directly contributed too) severely dulls any sympathy I have for him.

Surprised Silva is getting as much grief. Thought he's been one of our better payers.
as sutton surprisingly called out, his movement has been excellent and caused problems going forward.

however, he just left a runner at their first goal, and squandered 2 excellent chances, one of which because he shat it.
so not surprising folk aren't happy with him.

Lundstram shouldn't pull on our jersey again, not just for today, everybody can see sterling's ability in that position also, cheers for liepzig see you later

The same thing keeps happening

Ccv or scales stroll out
Lawrence has to go, leaving McGregor
Then they have a free man in the middle.. Just walking though us

It's tactical, Rodgers is absolutely doing Clement
We're leaving the centre halves to try and mark the danger players, however the centre halfs are walking into our half with it, we need to go to ball and within 2 passes they are right at the edge of our box in space.

We could easily have conceded 4/5 again here

That back four is an absolute disgrace.

Game after game this season, we’ve given the Enablers leg-ups. Defensive atrocities, own goals, and pointless red cards. Add the crazy luck they’ve had (look at the VAR decisions they’ve wrongly had go their way, and the opening goal at Ibrox last game) and you can see why we’ve been onto plums this season.

A huge 45 for this squad and to see if they’ve got anything about them.

Clement needs to stick the neck out here.

What we supposed to get behind? A team that couldn’t a %^*& and just produced one of the worst 45 minutes in an old firm game in years? A scouse charlatan selling the jerseys? Give me a break min

Rangers mate. Get behind your team. You might not like some players, tactics or whatever, but you're a supporter so support us.

Lets have some more hoofball put Silva and Dessers as a front 2 side by side with Dujon middle of the park.

Likely wont be much different.

A wasted chance.

Defend a 2-1 to our opponents?
Yes, because we’ve got to be smart. This lot are going to come out all guns blazing and want another 2 or 3, nothing surer so we need to be ready for that.

As Dessers goal proved, we can score on a counter and I think we will do that. If we go out and attack from the off, then I’m sorry but we will get massacred.

Every sensible fan I know predicted this if we played with a ‘10’ and played sterling outwide, But we all knew it would happen anyway. It’s a culture change we have needed for a long time but a lot of blame falls on clement he has handicapped us right away with his set up, especially after not learning from previous games

Of course they would
You only need to rewatch our last game here to know you are talking nonsense. Even the Sky ref watch panel said they should have received two second yellows and didn’t. Another red dished out to us in that game with no issues.

BTW, it'll get lost in all this but anyone who doesn't have concerns about how Phil sets up and approaches OF games

This isn't a get him out or sack him or anything like that so we can park that but he's left us wide open in the middle of the park and outnumbered yet again.

What is he seeing that we're not ?
Have to believe he is just seeing a lack of options and quality.

The actual set-up isn’t really an issue today. He planted Lawrence on McGregor, he’s just had no impact and hasn’t the legs or pace to match him. He played Dio and Lundstram side-by-side, but Lundstram in particular spent first 42 minutes walking through treacle.

The quality is just horrendous. We have one defender who should be a first choice, and he hasn’t played well. Lundstram has no legs. Lawrence even less so. Silva has been positive but I’m not sure what position suits him because he’s too defensively unaware (not lazy) to play there and support the full back.

I feel for Lundstram.
He simply doesn't have the legs to play against their midfield. I genuinely think the own goal was because he was already too leggy to adjust.

Johnston has been clever, just gets his foot down between Lundstram and the ball and means any challenge coming in will be at least a foul and with VAR, that's always going to be a red.
Lundstrum consistently comes out as the fittest in the squad - has done for years.

Your confusing fitness with attitude and consentration.

Clement needs to get us attacking. Get Sterling in the middle and bring Wright on.

Clearly not great options, but what's the point of seeing out this game to a 1 goal defeat? Have a fucking go at them.
Every fan agrees with that. Should've been how we started. But Clement will tell us all after the game how we were unlucky with chances we missed and a red card.

His hands are tied behind his back. Have you just watched that first half? There is five guys out there not fit to pull on the jersey ever again.
He's setup the exact same way for the third time in a row

Not shoring up the midfield with sterling has been suicide

It's terrifying Clement can't see this as their centre halves stroll through our middle

At fault for the first goal ball watching

Scores the OG

Then ruins any chance we had of coming back with the red.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse 45 mins from a Rangers player in this fixture.

Anyone defending him is an utter fantasist.
I thought Silva was better placed to track the runner to be honest. And not for the first time, he didnt

Big moments have gone against us, switched off at the first, unlucky at the 2nd and haven't done enough with our big moments. Lawrence and Diomande anonymous AGAIN in an Old Firm match.
Actually feel for Lundstram there as it's never a red card and he's been left on his own in the midfield.
4-3-2 Sterling in the middle of the park, and direct all the time.
Cheating bastards
It is a red, and more importantly a completely pointless tackle 90 yards from our goal. Bye bye John.

Back