Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Clueless. Clement not you.
How would you change our team? He’s has most of our better players out injured, when we had everyone fit and playing the way he wants, we played every team in this league off the park, we have yet to play Celtic with a full starting 11, without an injury to one of our better players.

Btw this is celtics strongest 11 and we are no worse than them.

As much as this season has been up and down, a lot of being still in this league up to this point is down to the clueless man you mention.

Hard to filter myself when talking about how much of a fucking disgrace Lundstram was in that first half.

Jogging about the pitch the entire time, letting his man have the ball with all sorts of time and space around the box and the only time he gets out of that jog is to put in a bad tackle that gets him sent off. He can f off to Turkey tomorrow.
I would make him take a taxi while we slog out this 2nd half - %^*& him

He was so quick to get it out, he needed VAR to correct it

He's came horsing in from 15 yards away, caught him studs up into the ankle and above

IFAB could put that video into the laws of the game as the defintion of Serious Foul Play...
The most red card of red cards

We're a fecking mess today.

Their first goal was well-taken. As the commentators said we simply gave them too many chances and they scored from that one. I still think both Davies (who has otherwise defended fairly well) and Borna should have been closing him down as soon as the ball heads towards him.
Symptomatic of our defence though, which goes by the motto of "I'll just stand off here and see what happens."

tbf the Lundstram own goal could have happened to anyone, but it was prett poor.
His red card tackle was incredibly foolish though.

imo our best work against them has been with Borna and Silva (who has at least tried to put himself about).

I also find it amazing that when we scored our goal against them, we did it by running forwards and passing forwards -- something that we will doubtless now not even try and repeat for the rest of the game.

Changes to be made ?
I wonder if Sterling should drop back for Diomande (who looks as if he's about to be booked at any second now) and bring on a speed merchant like Matondo (gawd forgive me).

Cantwell could also come on for Lawrence any time soon.
Quite a lot of our players either unfit or just not trying to get back into position when CFC break forward.

And every manager keeps playing them it’s absolutely horrendous management we can all see the frailties but managers cannot see what we see
It's what he has been left with, if the manager decides to extend some of their contracts then yes then that will be on him,. As of now he doesn't have his own squad and he can only work with what he has.

So crazy to dive in like that when we had just scored, why do so many on our side think we will get away with the kind of tackle or the same stuff they do in these fixtures ? so so naive.

Steven McLean is on VAR ffs he would send you off for bumping into one of them at a corner.

I’ll stick up for the gaffer here. He can only piss with the cock he’s got.

He’s inherited this bunch, and with injuries he’s limited in the 11 he picks that he thinks he can win the game.
Sadly a few of them are serial losers, and I know, you know, we know that.

We need to rebuild and not just try and fix the issue with journeyman panic buys.

Agree but would dispute it's only a few serial losers. It's probably 6 or 7. And the bench is pretty much the same.

Listen, loads of times a player is sent off in a big game the ref will even it up with any suspicious tackle from the other team. You don't know how the second half will play out. Their defense is shit we just need to run at them, plus look how the last game went against them so just don't give up so easily.
Their defense is shit and our entire team is pretty much shit, with the exception of the goalie. Added to the fact we've got a manager that sees an entirely different game to the real world.

I admire your spirit but these useless players just want off that park and home to their big houses.

No VAR there, obviously. Let’s remember that on first viewing today, he gave a yellow.

Digging this up is silly. I hate Collum as much as the next guy but he’s not the one to blame for today.
It was a Red card but ,the question does need to be asked that if if was Johnston on JL, would Collum have been brave enough to give a red card against a Celtic player at home? I'm not so sure he would have.

BTW, it'll get lost in all this but anyone who doesn't have concerns about how Phil sets up and approaches OF games is a better person than me.

This isn't a get him out or sack him or anything like that so we can park that but he's left us wide open in the middle of the park and outnumbered yet again.

What is he seeing that we're not ?
For all those who love stats that’s three straight OF games we’ve went 2 down under him.

We need a manager who can sort that out.

If we still had 11 on the park I’d actually feel like we could take something from this. As it is, Lundstram has let the team down. Happily never see him in a Rangers shirt again.

We routinely witness in Europe how completely ordinary this Celtic team are.

And yet, every time we play them we resort to hoof-ball because we don’t have the players to play any other way.

Beyond embarrassing.

Behave yourself. Do you honestly think he intended either of those actions today?
He certainly intended a pointless lunge 90 yards from Goal. A leader with no effort and no composure. And where and who was he tracking for the first.

They are utter mince, which makes it even worse, tbh.

We just have a psychological block playing them.

They'll get another when we haven't woken up just after break, and it'll be game over.

It happens again and again.
Yep. But if they are mince then we are the grey runny shite they put in farmfoods scotch pies.

Can also throw in his usual lazy jog at their first goal. Barisic wasn’t much better to be fair.
Hopefully the last time we see both. Ridvan back in time for the final, and play Sterling in midfield. The manager has to recognise this, and play Wright or McCausland on the right for at least a bit of balance.

Tuesday I hope is packed out. We are saying goodbye to a team that won us 55 and a Euro final and 1 each of the cups. Not Rangers class as that first half showednbut we are still recovering from 2011.
I do trust Clement, these are not his players yet. So packed Ibrox Tuesday, we show our class and send them off to Hampden knowing we will be there.

He was so quick to get it out, he needed VAR to correct it

He's came horsing in from 15 yards away, caught him studs up into the ankle and above

IFAB could put that video into the laws of the game as the defintion of Serious Foul Play...
I can’t believe anyone could not think that was a red card! We all called it in the pub when he gave the yellow even before the replay. Shocking tackle and probably (should be) his last game for us! At fault (with others) for the opening goal, scores the second under no pressure then leaves us on 10 players. Worst old firm performance from any of our players I can ever remember. Sickening.

Durys out for phil
Aye it's the same old from the same old but we could have told you that.
It was up to the manger to do somehting different he didn't.
We have all seen this movie before question is why the manger thought this team should play

What a fucking coward John Lundstram is.

An absolutely spineless shitebag of a guy.

Genuinely hatred for this imposter now.
Now you can see why so many Sheffield United fans were glad to see the back of him. His return in his spell at Rangers has been awful.

Collum history… no red card.

Think the games changed in the last 15 years.

Var for a start!

We can argue that we see tackles like that against us in every game that we don't get. Yet they should be reds.

It's a red all day long and lundstram head has totally went in that first half

The midfield selection on our manager no mobility, Lawrence strolling about when they are in possession, the first goal could have happened on 2-3 times before it was just a matter of time. Sterling should have played in the middle

Lawrence blowing out his arse after 25 minutes too

Seems any normal punter could have predicted that except the manager

Manager deserves credit for getting us back into the race but this past month he’s fair racking up the red flags

About time we had one of ours showing a bit of an emotion (whether he’s right or wrong).

He’s angry and reacting like I would be.

I’ll take this every day of the week over shite like McCoist kissing Fat Ange’s arse after losing cup finals to him.
Ah so blindly defending the indefensible is fine as long as you’re really passionate about it?

We're a fecking mess today.

Their first goal was well-taken. As the commentators said we simply gave them too many chances and they scored from that one. I still think both Davies (who has otherwise defended fairly well) and Borna should have been closing him down as soon as the ball heads towards him.
Symptomatic of our defence though, which goes by the motto of "I'll just stand off here and see what happens."

tbf the Lundstram own goal could have happened to anyone, but it was prett poor.
His red card tackle was incredibly foolish though.

imo our best work against them has been with Borna and Silva (who has at least tried to put himself about).

I also find it amazing that when we scored our goal against them, we did it by running forwards and passing forwards -- something that we will doubtless now not even try and repeat for the rest of the game.

Changes to be made ?
I wonder if Sterling should drop back for Diomande (who looks as if he's about to be booked at any second now) and bring on a speed merchant like Matondo (gawd forgive me).

Cantwell could also come on for Lawrence any time soon.
Quite a lot of our players either unfit or just not trying to get back into position when CFC break forward.
Matando isn't on the bench, is he?

We're leaving the centre halves to try and mark the danger players, however the centre halfs are walking into our half with it, we need to go to ball and within 2 passes they are right at the edge of our box in space.

We could easily have conceded 4/5 again here
Exactly, shame we can't do the same

Back