Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I feel for Lundstram.
He simply doesn't have the legs to play against their midfield. I genuinely think the own goal was because he was already to leggy to adjust.

Johnston has been clever, just gets his foot down between Lundstram and the ball and means any challenge coming in will be at least a foul and with VAR, that's always going to be a red.

Feel nothing for him. He had a good run for us in the Europa league final season under Gio but other than that he’s offered little certainly not enough to deserve the high wage he’s on. He downed tools when he realised he wasn’t getting a new deal and our manager should have dropped him weeks ago but for whatever reason kept playing him. Today should be the last we see of Lundstrum in a Rangers jersey.

It doesn't matter what subs we make this mob don't have the mentality to do anything here. I'm still seething from watching Tavenier allow Maeda to stroll into the box for their second and Lundstram making a stupid tackle like that in that part of the pitch. I won't be disappointed if I see neither in a blue jersey again.

How would you change our team? He’s has most of our better players out injured, when we had everyone fit and playing the way he wants, we played every team in this league off the park, we have yet to play Celtic with a full starting 11, without an injury to one of our better players.

Btw this is celtics strongest 11 and we are no worse than them.

As much as this season has been up and down, a lot of being still in this league up to this point is down to the clueless man you mention.
Wouldn't play two players who have clearly called it in and have been shit every game they've played for weeks and showed a complete lack of desire and effort. Wouldn't drop our best attacking midfielder for another who's been shit for weeks, other than one goal (and in that game other than the goal he was rubbish too) that's for a start.

We are so far behind them it’s unreal that goal was coming he’s had umpteen chances and the space they’ve had from outside the box is comical. I think we need to come to the realisation that they kunts after winning this title will go all out to keep winning titles and go for the you know what. They are that far in front of us.

Yip, we have next to no money, they cvnts have the money to keep ahead of us for years to come.

As I have said before, usually the club that spends the most money win the most trophies.

They are utter mince, which makes it even worse, tbh.

We just have a psychological block playing them.

They'll get another when we haven't woken up just after break, and it'll be game over.

It happens again and again.
See this is just nonesense if they are as push as you say they are then we’re on earth are we,fs mate they are well in front of us in passing fitness pace and goal scoring that’s a fact I hate it but that’s how it is,we don’t help ourselves by playing the same players all the time that constantly fail

Get McCausland on, Sterling into the middle, Lawrence off.

So frustrating how poorly we give the ball away and seem to give them so much space, McGregor leaving Lawrence in his trail a few times.
This is really the only change to make that improves us, when you look at the bench (presuming Yilmaz isn’t fit enough).

Surprised Silva is getting as much grief. Thought he's been one of our better payers.
Yep he’s our main danger today. Now looking every bit the player we expected to be, an absolute cut above the rest of the team in terms of class

Shame his teammates have let him down, but with him on the park we still have a chance.

Get it wide, keep going at that wee Canadian fud and opportunities will open

Serious questions need asked now, he simply doesnt learn.

A poor start to next season or no improvements in performances then he wont last long.

I still dont know what our style of play is?
Behave ffs. We can't change managers every year and expect anything
He was left with a shit show post Beale and has made a half decent fist if it. We don't have any options or quality to make the changes we and he wants

Senseless tackle from Lundstram. Their player is going nowhere, we aren’t in danger, and we’ve just gotten ourselves back in the game.

I cannot wait to see the back of so many of this team if not all of them. Although unfortunately won’t happen.

Lundstrums parting gift to us....an own goal, and sent off, The Sleekit Scouser can F Right off right now , never want to hear his name, or his effin song

BTW, it'll get lost in all this but anyone who doesn't have concerns about how Phil sets up and approaches OF games is a better person than me.

This isn't a get him out or sack him or anything like that so we can park that but he's left us wide open in the middle of the park and outnumbered yet again.

What is he seeing that we're not ?
I’d give him the benefit of the doubt that, with these players, he thinks packing the midfield will just invite more pressure. If we can press higher up the pitch we can capitalise on their mistakes. But I agree, if we can’t beat them next season then regardless of other results we do have a problem.

Yet again, they are being handed the points, the title and the euro cash without a fight. A few weeks ago a draw would have been enough for us, two wins against poor teams would have done it. The players attitude was rank rotten and this is the result.

Alistair Johnston is a dirty little bastard who is ironically the most protected player in the league.
Corrupt bastards.

Nah mate you might be right about some things but the difference there is he is brave enough to plant the leg take the hit and get the red card. Roles reversed Tav jumps out the way.

Lundstram hasn’t deserved his place in the team for weeks, to turn in this performance today just brings into question the judgment of the manager IMO. He should not play for us again, and that’s due to the performance rather than the red card.

He certainly intended a pointless lunge 90 yards from Goal. A leader with no effort and no composure. And where and who was he tracking for the first.
The way you made it sound was as if he just fucking packed it in. Which he didn't, he made a couple of mistakes, costly but yeah, it happens.

Masters of our own downfall in that first half

We simply MUST score next here, we’re not dead and buried…..yet

How would you change our team? He’s has most of our better players out injured, when we had everyone fit and playing the way he wants, we played every team in this league off the park, we have yet to play Celtic with a full starting 11, without an injury to one of our better players.

Btw this is celtics strongest 11 and we are no worse than them.

As much as this season has been up and down, a lot of being still in this league up to this point is down to the clueless man you mention.

You could see a mile away that he had to scrap the 4-2-3-1 today and stick an extra body in midfield. Clement goes and leaves us wide open in the middle of the park again. That’s on him.

I still don’t think it’s a red card.

I didn’t think their Japanese away to Madrid was a red card and I don’t think that is.

Rodgers was actually right on that ocassion.

How can people not see how much a slow mo disorts things ?

I feel for Lundstram.
He simply doesn't have the legs to play against their midfield. I genuinely think the own goal was because he was already too leggy to adjust.

Johnston has been clever, just gets his foot down between Lundstram and the ball and means any challenge coming in will be at least a foul and with VAR, that's always going to be a red.
Are you actually serious ?

He made that challenge in the opposition third when there was no reason to do so.

The OG was a disgrace.

It's what he has been left with, if the manager decides to extend some of their contracts then yes then that will be on him,. As of now he doesn't have his own squad and he can only work with what he has.
He didn’t need to play borna or Lawrence that was his choice there’s better players on the bench

Back