Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Unfortunately you can’t offer up any excuse for Lundstram today. He’s been rotten all day.

We’ve had gaping holes in our defence in that vital area in front of our box. He’s scored a stupid needless OG. He’s got himself sent off with a crazy challenge (definite red, can’t even blame Collum who wrong gave yellow first).

Bye bye, John. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

The sad reality is that our squad is absolutely gash. Injuries to Sima, Cortes, Ridvan and Danillo have really hurt us but there's no quality or depth. The board and Beale have set us on this path.

We're a fecking mess today.

Their first goal was well-taken. As the commentators said we simply gave them too many chances and they scored from that one. I still think both Davies (who has otherwise defended fairly well) and Borna should have been closing him down as soon as the ball heads towards him.
Symptomatic of our defence though, which goes by the motto of "I'll just stand off here and see what happens."

tbf the Lundstram own goal could have happened to anyone, but it was prett poor.
His red card tackle was incredibly foolish though.

imo our best work against them has been with Borna and Silva (who has at least tried to put himself about).

I also find it amazing that when we scored our goal against them, we did it by running forwards and passing forwards -- something that we will doubtless now not even try and repeat for the rest of the game.

Changes to be made ?
I wonder if Sterling should drop back for Diomande (who looks as if he's about to be booked at any second now) and bring on a speed merchant like Matondo (gawd forgive me).

Cantwell could also come on for Lawrence any time soon.
Quite a lot of our players either unfit or just not trying to get back into position when CFC break forward.
For all your good points, the Lundstram OG could NOT have happened to anyone mate. No idea what he was doing???

We're just cursed, right.

Souttar off. McCausland on. Sterling to CB. Midfield of Lawrence and Diomande (on a yellow already)

Hatate's tackle late in the half was no different than Lundstram . Both feet off the ground - no where near the ball and his was a scissor tackle. Yellow card and no VAR. Do we expect anything else ?

Silvas been our best player, looks up for it been bullying Johnston and unlucky to have a lot of soft fouls given against him also for shoulders etc! Lundstram man just foolish crazy decision he’s been rank from the minute forest turned him inside out and drove inside early in the game

If you think back to the 50/50 that Lawrence came off second best in and how it was made, it shows just how stupid Lundstram was.

You seldom see tackles like that in the game now because players and their managers just don’t accept the risk with VAR.

Crazy.

He isn’t doing is best though. He has tried to go with the same setup as the last 2 old firm games that didn’t work. That’s stubbornness
As much as it pains me to say it I’ll need to wait til he has his own players. If he does the same next season then it is finished

If its not a goal inside 5 mins against this mob, its losing 2 goals in quick succession.

Barisic and Davies need to get out quicker at the first but no idea where our midfield were.

Tav doesn't have any influence on the 2nd, would have been as well not being there.

And Lundstram has had a horror show with the own goal and crazy tackle for the red. Thank fck he's off in the summer, sick of watching him.

Double pain for us. Losing Soutter is one thing, but not being able to move Sterling into the middle of the park is going to hurt us very very badly.

Cheats us?

Cummon mate, that was a clear red, take the tinted specs off, it was a shocker, we would be going utterly mental if that was the other way around
Celtic are allowed to commit tackles like that, so we should be too.

A Celtic player does that they do not walk. 0% chance.

It wasnt a good tackle, but it wasnt as bad as what we see Celtic players do week in week out.

Very worrying Clement hasn't addressed the midfield issue. What are we actually trying to do differently given previous results against them?
You can only piss with the cock you've got, he brought one in and hasn't been helped with Raskins form being of pub league level and no Ryan Jack

Hopefully last time we see Lundstrum in a Rangers shirt. Shouldn't be in the team for the final now.

Sterling in central midfield with Sima up top.

Souttar off, wow.

Sterling will be better than him at the back anyway but takes away his ability going forward.

Get Borna and Lawrence off too PC

Another player “injured” at half time ?

You have to laugh at this lot or else you’d cry.

Pathetic shower of players clement is expected to work miracles with

It was a Red card but ,the question does need to be asked that if if was Johnston on JL, would Collum have been brave enough to give a red card against a Celtic player at home? I'm not so sure he would have.

I think we know th answer to that.

Collum's VAR officiating at the last OF match at Parkpaed is a case study to the contrary

Back