Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Bemuses me why we allowed McGregor and to a lesser extent Forrest to have so much space, such an obvious thing to try and stop

The way you made it sound was as if he just fucking packed it in. Which he didn't, he made a couple of mistakes, costly but yeah, it happens.
I made it sound? Only talking about his stupid tackle…. I have thought apart from a few months in his rangers career he has been average at best! But this game he has let us down.

Wouldn't play two players who have clearly called it in and have been shit every game they've played for weeks and showed a complete lack of desire and effort. Wouldn't drop our best attacking midfielder for another who's been shit for weeks, other than one goal (and in that game other than the goal he was rubbish too) that's for a start.
Who would you play ahead of them who is playing well?

Sorry I know this is must win but Clement is risking an absolute hiding with that sub and that, ultimately, will be worse long term.

Edit - Sterling at CB, not the single CB I was fearing.

Hatate's tackle late in the half was no different than Lundstram . Both feet off the ground - no where near the ball and his was a scissor tackle. Yellow card and no VAR. Do we expect anything else ?

Cmon to fk. Are you actually comparing the 2?

First three passes for them in the half and already all too easy. This is going to be a very very long half.

The sad thing is this game was absolutely there for the taking today. They have been garbage and been gifted countless chances, an own goal and now play a half against 10 men. We couldn't have made it any easier for them.
it's what we do, a very familiar pattern from us. It is infuriating

The Only Team and (most of the) Fanbase on the World that is afraid of dropping „senior“ Players and getting the youth on.

Even when its a game against them.

I know we are all emotional but that tackle hasn't cost us the title ffs.
The title is won or lost over 38 games not 1 tackle
He's cost us both goals arguably and a sending off making it mission impossible today. We would be well in it with an on form full effort version of him, or another player.

Far be it for me to cast aspersions

The frantic pointing by players in the first minute of play doesnt bode well for knowing what they are meant to be doing.

We're a fecking mess today.

Their first goal was well-taken. As the commentators said we simply gave them too many chances and they scored from that one. I still think both Davies (who has otherwise defended fairly well) and Borna should have been closing him down as soon as the ball heads towards him.
Symptomatic of our defence though, which goes by the motto of "I'll just stand off here and see what happens."

tbf the Lundstram own goal could have happened to anyone, but it was prett poor.
His red card tackle was incredibly foolish though.

imo our best work against them has been with Borna and Silva (who has at least tried to put himself about).

I also find it amazing that when we scored our goal against them, we did it by running forwards and passing forwards -- something that we will doubtless now not even try and repeat for the rest of the game.

Changes to be made ?
I wonder if Sterling should drop back for Diomande (who looks as if he's about to be booked at any second now) and bring on a speed merchant like Matondo (gawd forgive me).

Cantwell could also come on for Lawrence any time soon.
Quite a lot of our players either unfit or just not trying to get back into position when CFC break forward.
The first goal was school boy stuff. Two of our guys could not track a runner who had enough time to control it and have a shot . It was criminal.

So what do we do here a man down centre half off need to score 2 goals horrible think I'll go to Fulham Man City can't stand thought of a 4 or 5 show

Hatate's tackle late in the half was no different than Lundstram . Both feet off the ground - no where near the ball and his was a scissor tackle. Yellow card and no VAR. Do we expect anything else ?
%^*& all like it.
Jesus Christ.
Studs never connected.

Leagues over if we sit two banks of 4. I’d rather get in their faces and take a mauling trying to win.

Massive 2nd half and now with souttar out it's not looking great, I'm starting to see why my dad wouldn't even let my mum put the old firm games on the radio incase we lost

Seriously wtf is going who would ever think it is a good idea to go with Dio and Lawrence as a midfield 2 especially with 10 men

Very worrying Clement hasn't addressed the midfield issue. What are we actually trying to do differently given previous results against them?
It's an impossible task, he's inherited a team of shitebags, has half a dozen key players out injured and every 50/50 decision will always go against us.

Tbh what he's got from this mob so far has exceeded all expectations but we'll need to wait until next season to judge him when he has his own team.

Souter fucked as well lol
As soon as these cunts score again I'm switching off
Why bring mcausland on?
Bring king on if anyone for him, sterling is ruined in this team FFS.
Manager keeping up his tactic of baffling selections.

This just sums up that it's not just the number of injured players - it's the quality of the injured players.
No club in the world would not be affected by this - no matter what level they are playing at.

JL has done us in there.
One of our most experienced players has let the occasion get the better of him
Legs have gone

Tav same- Sterling at RB closes down quicker on the second goal and stops the ball in

Barisic/Silva more effective by far than Tav/Sterling

Fear for us second half

And now our best player off
Jesus

Celtic are allowed to commit tackles like that, so we should be too.

A Celtic player does that they do not walk. 0% chance.

It wasnt a good tackle, but it wasnt as bad as what we see Celtic players do week in week out.
Do they really though? Flying in from 15 yards away and catching players on the ankle...

Most folk jump out the way of tackles like that frankly

The point I make on here time and time again, is that its becoming more apparent, for folk on here its not about correct application of the laws of the game...

Back