Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Lundstram has changed our mindset, but that ht sub has truely fucked us… don’t get what he thought would happen. We are literally all out defence when we need to win. Complete shambles

He's now in a situation where if he doesn't win the cup the pressure is going to build going into the new season, no rangers manager gets away with not beating that lot.
Far too soon for that mate. He is missing a shot load of players here. Next season will be crucial - I have faith in Phil.

I don’t see Clement on the pitch putting the ball in our own net and giving away a penalty. You can only play the cards you are given and our manager has one ace and a handful of rags.
He didn’t need to pick Lundstram mate. He’s been shocking for weeks and always goes missing in these games. He could’ve easily put Sterling in there and Mcausland out wide and we would’ve been so much more solid. He had options and never took them today

I don’t see Clement on the pitch putting the ball in our own net and giving away a penalty. You can only play the cards you are given and our manager has one ace and a handful of rags.
I agree that’s the mitigation for now.

But there are some really worrying signs with Clement that have crept in down the stretch.

I’d mentioned it earlier, but assuming we don’t win from here, his win % in the league is now lower than Beale’s.

I asked you who you have in mind. Surely you must have someone, because I admit I have no idea where we go from here.
I can’t answer mate. I’m only a fan. I can only assume from evidence that something’s fundamentally wrong throughout the football department.

Same as you - don’t know where we go from here.

The midfield is a problem because of the midfield he chose. He can’t use injuries as an excuse for his shambles of a starting lineup and halftime changes
They’re not good enough
Like for like in the roles they play
OReilly >Lawrence
Hetate > Doimande
McGregor > Lundstram

Cantwell ?? All flash and little substance

This was always going to the the case this second half.

Backs to the wall. Shooty in for them at will.

We just need to stay calm, be solid and stop any more goals going in.

Simple as that. Damage limitation.

Tim player kicks Dessers in August OF...ref goes to monitor and goal disallowed.
O'Reilly kicks Diomade today's OF...ref goes to monitor and sticks with penalty decision.

Discuss.
First, by that argument, its the same decision given twice

2nd theres a huge difference in the 2 situations

August, Dessers puts his foot directly in front of the defender going to kick the ball without touching it. Enough for a foul, probably not, but theres at least argument there

Today, Diomande's foot is planted, not in front of O'Reilly - O'Reilly has to actively move his leg into Diomande... absolutely not a penalty on any day of the week. O'Reilly initiates the contact

This is a brutal watch, but if we can keep it to a goal we will get a big chance at some point. We better not waste it.

Back