Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Not going to lie, I’ve got real concerns about Clement building a team next year, spending millions on more foreigners only to end up changing manager again in October or November.

I know he’s been hindered by injuries, but his tactics against Celtic for the THIRD game in a row, have been all wrong. 2-0 down in every meeting with them so far.
You’re not the only one. He seems to be immune from criticism on here for reasons unknown.

Can anyone please explain the hype around McCausland?

He’s done nothing since he’s come on. Wanders around the pitch. Even when Wright was breaking he was walking at the centre circle and 2 Celtic defenders overtook him.

If it was any of the usual whipping boys he would be getting slaughtered

I've had enough of Tav

That pass was bad enough but he should be rocketing Collum for McGregor to be 2nd booking there

Not going to lie, I’ve got real concerns about Clement building a team next year, spending millions on more foreigners only to end up changing manager again in October or November.

I know he’s been hindered by injuries, but his tactics against Celtic for the THIRD game in a row, have been all wrong. 2-0 down in every meeting with them so far.
Concerns are to be expected, however, what was the manager supposed to do today to prevent either goal from idiotic play or from us going down to 10 from idiotic play?

The core group of today's squad have seen off multiple managers and continued to deliver next to nothing.

This summer is the time we get rid of the core group and not another manager.

To his credit, Tavernier defended that really well. Unlike him to be aware of the player behind him, even better to step forward.

It’s no coincidence we always start playing a bit better when behind, poor mentality and lack of belief to have a go when things are equal and tight.

Players just aren’t good enough. Too many average footballers in the squad.
Was discussing this last week. Clement’s recent decisions have been concerning, there is no doubt. But the squad is full of average players (and some below average). He’s tinkering with mediocrity a lot of the time. Dropping certain players and bringing in players equally as inconsistent/lacking in quality.

He’s not helped himself of late though.

Back