Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Lundstram the difference today as we were in damage control the full 2nd half
Nobodynin our team with any skill or guile to drive forward. I think we are 2 seasons away from challenging properly due to the financial aspect needed & several transfer Windows.
We just keep imploding on/off the park from a position of power

Really, once again they are pretty shite especially in defence but we hand it to them with mentality and tactics and quality when it counts. Showed more spirit second half, but it's another failure. I cannot wait to see the back of some these players,espeically Lundstram.

Reactions: MrJ
As usual plucky Rangers at the end.
We had them on the ropes again but when you are bringing on wright and Roofe you know you are hoping for a miracle.

Too passive from start.
But this league was handed to them in last old firm.
Shameful we have allowed that smug Rodgers to win this.
Hopefully with exception of butland and yilmaz we never see any of these losers again.

Questions rightly need asked of the manager. We are in a cycle of giving them time, letting them buy a load of diddies then sacking them. Rinse and repeat.
I don’t see the manager having many choices today. It was obvious when Yilmaz was on he wasn’t fit to start. I’d have started Raskin instead of Lundstram that I long said but other than that he had no other choices. His use of subs helped keep us in the game.

Clement is no different to Beale and Gio and every other Rangers manager, keep losing old firm games and you are out.

He loses the final and he will be lucky to survive.
Absolute nonsense. He’ll be given the time to get his own team together and rightly so.

That group of players isn’t good enough and we all knew that. This is just confirming what we knew. That isn’t down to the manager. Dread to think what the score would’ve been not under his guidance.

It's the board that should be answering questions

Biggest wage bill in the league and we’ve beaten that lot once in a league game that actually meant something in three seasons now.

They don’t even need to be good to win the league just mediocre will do for them.

We’re clueless from top to bottom.

Says it all about how far we've fallen when it's a relief it was only 2-1. Yet another "shit the bed" performance from most of them. And another game v them to come in two weeks, deep joy (not that they're that good, but we can't cope with them all the same).

If he loses the final, he's on shaky ground
Am not sure if that's where we are but I understand the thinking.

Much like Beale and excellent start, Killie away was a warning but he's went with the same formation etc (and I know we're hamstrung with personel) but it's a massive game end of the month where Clements MUST do something different and better

Danilo, Sima, Cortes, Balogun, Matondo, Jack, Goldson and even Lundstram would have made a huge difference.

But, Scott Wright?

Brutal, they are a one half team, Lundstram can do one he is so poor. This is is so familiar but Ross County and Dundee done us not today, this reeks of clement having to get his transfers right or he be gone too.

As usual our own mistakes have fucked us.

Silva header early on.

Stood off and watched them for their first despite the warnings.

Lundstram up, down and all around.

You would think that by the law of averages we could have one game against them where we don’t shoot ourselves in the fucking face.

A few were playing for their Rangers careers today.I'd be glad to see the back of a few of them.Hope to never see Wright and lundstram in a Rangers jersey again.

Absolute nonsense. He’ll be given the time to get his own team together and rightly so.

That group of players isn’t good enough and we all knew that. This is just confirming what we knew. That isn’t down to the manager. Dread to think what the score would’ve been not under his guidance.
The manager cannot be excused he has made some baffling decisions lately

Don't forgot the guy who gave them the ball to start with he has 2 players in space to make an easy pass to but hits it in between both. just shocking!
Valid points well made.

Have we come to expect anything less from him in these games anymore? The last one at Ibrox he was doing it all game.

I’ve taken nearly a grand out of the bookie betting on the fking inevitable! Absolutely no risk at the moment, I hate this. :mad:

Butland
Tav to some extent
Sterling
Davies
Yilmaz
Raskin
Silva
Dessers to some extent

Are the only players I would give pass marks to after that.

Is Clement on a free hit this season by not troubling the poets?

If we line up the same again in the SC Final then we as supporters wont be happy.

An absolutely ridiculous challenge by Lundstram made a game already stacked against even more difficult.
And he never even made it worthwhile by putting Plug out the game!

We'd just got back into the fucking game and dampened their squib too.

The manager has got us to a place of almost being there from being shit, he harbours some of the blame but these players get you the sack! Any notion of a new contract for Lundstram best be out the window! Clear out required!

Clement is no different to Beale and Gio and every other Rangers manager, keep losing old firm games and you are out.

He loses the final and he will be lucky to survive.

Cannot sack him after not letting him tear up the squad and rebuild

He inherited a squad compiled in the dark and the key players that would have us playing well - cortes and sima - have been out

Lundstram, Borna, Souttar were a disgrace. Absolute bomb scares who caused all sorts of panic.

Those that came on, Raksin and Yilmaz in particular made a huge difference. Our best central defending pair of the season arguably was what was thrown together in a Pedro like gamble and that was Davies and Sterling.

An awful lot to do.

Goldson should never wear a rangers jersey again another serial loser and constantly makes mistakes.... your absolutely having a laugh

Better than Souttar, Davies or Balogun. His best form was when he had someone mopping up either with intelligence like Helander or pace and power like Bassey.

He’s far from the worse in our squad, Lundstram has been shite his whole time here, cost us more since coming into a winning side after 55 but people on here wanted him stay and be a captain lmao!

Back