Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

He isn’t an attacker, he was a very good attacking fullback but he can’t do it now. We’ve worn the guy out but we can’t play on sympathy,he’s costing us far too much.
We might have worn him out as you say but one thing is for sure he and a few others have worn me out.

Raskin in midfield before any of those imposters , Mcausland ? only fit for kids fitba week as piss and as for Lundstram if your Gonnae go in for a leg breaker make it count just ask big Gregor Stevens for advice

Trabzonspor have got no idea what’s about to hit them, with any luck. We’ll be a better squad next season without adding anyone if those two go.
It's unfair because there's other mitigating circumstances but we became worse when lundstram signed

Absolute nonsense. He’ll be given the time to get his own team together and rightly so.

That group of players isn’t good enough and we all knew that. This is just confirming what we knew. That isn’t down to the manager. Dread to think what the score would’ve been not under his guidance.
He is continually picking the wrong lineup in old firm games too, we manoeuvred ourselves into a position where we had to simply beat the dross to win the league, the manager couldn't see it through, we lose the final and the pressure on him is intense

Beale lost the first one of this season and was a goner.

Silva, Barisic, Lundstram and maybe even Davies all at fault.
The two defenders hold their line.

Lunndstram and Silca were ball watching.

Had a reply several times that Silva was playing well. Not watching the same game as me.

Billy Big baws against ten men Killie, shat it today with a free header looking for pen at a crucial point.

Can't wait to see the back of him.

the most mediocre celtic team to win the league when we had it in our grasp is a really depressing thought and hurts more than the last how many times they have won it
we truly fucked ourselves and it's unforgiveable what these players have done to oue support
easier said than done but get rid of them all
Super Jack and Big Ster apart, thes two are the only players fit to wear our crest

The same old garbage. Sick of it & sick of this squad.

Clement MUST win the Cup Final, he is not showing that he is learning how to go about these games. Nothing changes& the same empty shirts are there.

Oh to have a manager with a style, good tactics, the ability to pick a correct starting line up, make intelligent subs etc. Maybe our next one eh?
Get a grip. He's been putting lipstick on a pig for months. He took over a team of mental and physical lightweights, a number of whom have been serial losers for years. Throw in the injuries and it's a miracle we were in a title race at all. The vast majority on here had chucked it in October. The squad needs gutted. Again, pretty much universally accepted in October. Fortunately we've a load out of contract and hopefully can move a few more on. Clement needs time to build his own squad. That's the time to judge him. Not when he's working with someone else's duds. This hire and fire approach with managers is just stupid.

Raskin in midfield before any of those imposters , Mcausland ? only fit for kids fitba week as piss and as for Lundstram if your Gonnae go in for a leg breaker make it count just ask big Gregor Stevens for advice
Killie is McCauslands level at best. Same with Scott Wright.
Team jam packed with mid level SPL mediocrity and foreign misfires.

Id never have subbed Silva or dessers
The Silva substitution in particular was baffling - yes, he should have done much better with his 2 finishes, but he was the only one that was troubling their backline.

Ending the game with Wright & McCausland on to save our season confirms we have much to do in getting this squad at the necessary level.

Is anybody really surprised ?

How many times have we beaten Celtic under Rodgers - once.

New manager no improvement. Lumbered with other managers bad signings, I suppose.

Hopefulluy a clean out in the summer, and a better and more committed Rangers team.

Looking forward to the Cup Final - not me.

Sterling, Silva and Butland get pass marks for today. Dessers will always divide opinion but at least his head never goes down and he never stops trying. Ridvan looked good when he came on.

The rest? Not a single one of them I’d keep either in terms of playing ability or mentality, but unfortunately we can’t just throw an entire squad away in one window.

Is he? He’s another who flatters to deceive and goes on social to have a bitch fit. Norwich fans warned us that he was like this as well.
I genuinely think Cantwell is the only midfielder in our team who will occasionally run past the opposing defence and can carry a goal threat.

Calling it right now. We’ll be looking for a new manager before Christmas. Injuries don’t totally remove a shape or style of football. We’ve gone backwards under Clement’s COACHING despite initial improvements (new manager bounce, shocker).
Barrhead as well?

You are betting against Rangers? And you think thats ok?

F ck ng hell
These players aren't turning in the same turgid pish against the mentally challengeds every time because they've got wind Wolfie from FF has bet against them.

It's a miserable state of affairs that folk see it as a regular money making opportunity.

This group of players are finished. A clear out must happen in the summer or Wolfie will be coining it in against next season. They do not have what it takes to get on top of the tims and stay there.

Was Silva knackered or injured ?
I was shocked when I saw that he was going off before Dessers.

So many players out there that are past it or will never be good enough for us.

And I wondered why Barisic was subbed -- was he the problem at the back ?
Wouldn't it have been better to have put fresh legs into our midfield/up front instead ??

But for me there are two big differences between these teams:
When they get the ball or are in front, their first thought is to go forwards and look for (more) goals.

And when we go forwards we can actually put a bit of pressure on (as witness our goal and the panic we caused them near the end) -- but we simply don't do it enough.

Actually, it IS just one difference then, between them and us -- their default is attack and ours is usually passing it back to the goalie.
In the end imo, that's what cost us -- we didn't have a fecking go at them, the same way that they did at us.

The usual suspects

The gaffer has serious questions to answer btw, Yilmaz looked tremendous and should have started

Sterling is everything a Rangers player should be, puts the imposters to shame. We simply MUST make him feel an integral part of the team going forward. Butland and Sterling….the first names on every team sheet

Maybe you should read my post. Our midfield was better with 10 men and without Lundstrum than it was with him.

I say that as someone who has defended him all season and well aware that we aren’t flush with options.

It was still poor tactically and they marched through us constantly.
Aye and that had a lot to do with Lundstram. Midfield being outplayed in the first half.
He's been terrible for nearly all this season. Nowhere near fit enough but again, we basically have no-one else to play.
So blaming or having your faith dented in PC is not seeing the woods for the trees.

Captain's armband should be firmly around the arm of Sterling or Butland.
Tavernier has survived numerous Managers who obviously think that he is the he best man for the job.He has been very good for the club.

There has to be a litmus test on whether this Is true at this moment in time.

If the Manager is to be serious about a resurgence next season he has to replace Tavernier and also multiple others.

Nothing other will suffice.

For those slating the manager, this is what these players do. This is their record of playing for Rangers. When they're chasing they're decent, when it gets to the tickly bit they retreat into their shell. Blame the manager, let's sack him and let them do it to the next manager and the next manager after that.

How long do we put up with it?

I'm sure the idea was to try and contain them and go all guns blazing with 30 minutes to go. Turns out Lundstram shot us in the foot before we even got to HT and turned that 30 minutes into 10.

I didn't expect much from the starting 11 and I thought the bench was weak but they did make us better. Some big decisions to be made over the next three games now.

Totally agree he's still on a free pass but his style of football is as brutal to watch as Michael Beale s or Gio's in the league
He’s had 40 games. He’s won 29, drawn 6 and lost 5.

One trophy where we didn’t have to face Celtic and a couple of good European results

Beales 43 games - W 31, drawn 4 , lost 8

Not much in it. Certainly not the difference that we read about in here about the disaster that was Beale vs the coming of the great one.

At least Beale beat Celtic.

Back