Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Sterling, Silva and Butland get pass marks for today. Dessers will always divide opinion but at least his head never goes down and he never stops trying. Ridvan looked good when he came on.

The rest? Not a single one of them I’d keep either in terms of playing ability or mentality, but unfortunately we can’t just throw an entire squad away in one window.
Dessers done what he had to with very little chances. On a chance to goal ratio that's probably up there.
Silva's best game for me. Butland his usual great self. Thought Davies was OK. Sterling solid. Ridvan loads of energy.

Much as I have liked CP there is a major concern when Lundstram Borna and Lawrence start a game where we need pace and effort. Cantwell McCausland and Yilmaz should all have started.
We were outplayed by the better team who really should have scored more.
The only way Lundstram is missing a game is the red card.
Every time we play and in particular against the scum we lack intensity and effort and PC has to change that and also stop playing those who are easyily seen to be not good enough.
How can any manager keep playing Lundstram and Borna when they are clearly just not good enough. Despite being a player in the past Lawrence needs to go along with Dowall and if PC does not like him then Raskin also goes.
The league has gone and I expect also the cup unless the correct team is on the park.

I agree that most of this squad is at fault but Clement started both Lundstrum and Barisic. Raskin and Yilmaz both came on later and played better than they did. Clement has been blind to the same players fault and it’s cost him the same as it has previous managers.
Less pressure coming on getting beat with 10 men.
I agree regards Ridvan, if fit should have started because Barisic checked out weeks ago and his performances against them are horrendous

Raskin I don’t believe is good enough. Possibly a player who showed potential but has failed to improve. He cannot be shining in training if he’s only trusted as a sub

I’d disagree - those 4 games are never irrelevant. Doing well in OF games allows a safety net.

They have dropped more points against the other 10 than us, but will win the league comfortably.
Our players clearly don’t have the mentality/quality to play against the tims, they shouldn’t have that issue with the other teams

Raskin showed a lot more than Lundstram has all season in that game. Yet, due to not being a favourite Clement will try keep him out the starting line-up. He should be a starter next game.

As per usual, Sterling just did what was asked of him and did it fairly well. He was OK at centre back but the decision to take Souttar off was weird to say the least.

Roofe is made of glass but should have been on much earlier and has so much more about his game than Dessers it's unreal.

Massive questions need to be asked about the manager. Sure, the squad isn't great but he's not even trying to hide the fact the same players pick themselves.

League is done. However, the manager and players cannot be allowed to coward out of the cup final now. We need to see some actual effort from the manager.

The manager cannot be excused he has made some baffling decisions lately
On todays selection, Yilmaz wasn’t fit hence why borna started.

People were upset about Lawrence starting but what has Cantwell done either in any old firm, bar the one which was a dead rubber last season ?

Our manager neutered us today with his midfield selection and thats on him
he should have learned from the last time we played them but clearly didnt which is a serious worry
his team selection was wrong right from the start and he had better get his act together and sort this out cos ist's bad enough losing the title to that mob but we have a huge cup final to negotiate
mgregor having the freedom of hampden like hes socrates makes my blood boil

So if you initiate contact in the box and take a big dive you get a penalty?
Clement must at least call out that little cheating bastard Collum on that surely
Exactly, never a pen saw it straight away that oreally knew what he was doing , cheated tapped Diamonde and went doon like a ton a bricks , there quick to call us out let’s hope big Phil has Bigger Balls and calls them out !

Lundstram can %^*& off to Turkey now. If I was Clement I'd have told him to leave at half time and go and clear his stuff out from the training ground and don't bother coming back again.

We are a team with too many not up to it, too many crocks, too many seeing their contract out - add in the injury list then let’s be honest it’s a miracle we have done we have done.

Howeve we have only taken a point of that mob all season that’s where it has been lost.

Clement will be getting a lot of heat, which is natural if you aren't winning, but people need to apply perspective here.

The squad already wasn't near good enough, then that gets multiplied by the inexplicable injuries.

Can only hope this summer rebuild is finally the one where we actually bring quality players in and give Clement a real chance to do something.
We need ball players. Keeping on the ground. Ability to makes passes. None of this hoofing it up the park, flicks and lobs. Does my nut in. Just hope these aren't Phils' tactics going into next season.

He’s had 40 games. He’s won 29, drawn 6 and lost 5.

One trophy where we didn’t have to face Celtic and a couple of good European results

Beales 43 games - W 31, drawn 4 , lost 8

Not much in it. Certainly not the difference that we read about in here about the disaster that was Beale vs the coming of the great one.

At least Beale beat Celtic.
Beale beat them in a nothing game though.

I get the point but don't think we can use that game as a benchmark.

Thought we surrendered the game at HT.

We’ve won games with 10 men before.

We had 45 mins to score a goal which would have kept us in the title race but managed not a shot on target.

Credit to Butland and Sterling - Sterling the only outfield player to grasp that being down a man would require extra effort, the other 8 outfielders seemed to have the attitude that a 2-1 defeat constituted a good afternoon’s work

For those slating the manager, this is what these players do. This is their record of playing for Rangers. When they're chasing they're decent, when it gets to the tickly bit they retreat into their shell. Blame the manager, let's sack him and let them do it to the next manager and the next manager after that.

How long do we put up with it?

I'm sure the idea was to try and contain them and go all guns blazing with 30 minutes to go. Turns out Lundstram shot us in the foot before we even got to HT and turned that 30 minutes into 10.

I didn't expect much from the starting 11 and I thought the bench was weak but they did make us better. Some big decisions to be made over the next three games now.

The problem isn’t the manager. It’s the perennial bottlers that use the manager to hide their failings.

rangers went to their dump and won with ten men in the past ,nowadays our team is shit feart knowing they are going to that dump, and that wee scrote mcgregor would never be respected by the likes of souness Ian Ferguson or bomber ,he would have been obliterated in his first tackle full stop.

Just how much ££& has Roofe taken from the club the last couple of years and contributed nothing. It may be physical but I fear it is mentality there as well

If we had beaten Motherwell, Ross and Dundee this game today would have been so different. I know it’s all ifs but those games when the title was in the grasp were absolutely disgraceful. Imagine letting those poor teams boss us. It’s sickening, a great chance to beat a very average scum team. We just don’t seem to want to fight.

On todays selection, Yilmaz wasn’t fit hence why borna started.

People were upset about Lawrence starting but what has Cantwell done either in any old firm, bar the one which was a dead rubber last season ?
I’m not talking about today only. Ross County away moving Sima out of position and not making any half time subs, Dens Park again shocking first half no subs.

I must be blind and too staunch because so don’t rate that oaf O’Riley that much. We stand off him so much. I wish we had some steel especially in midfield
There were times today, even with 11 men, when we just let them come forwards with the ball, nearly to our own box.

Meanwhile I'm sitting watching this, wondering when the actual f*** will somebody step in and close them down, or even effing tackle for the ball.

This is a coaching problem imo.
Even if you had world class players, if they are being coached to drop back and back and back, then you're letting the opposition play to whatever strengths or plan that they want to.

Back