Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Their midfield over run us every game and each game we hope it will change. Tough to win the midfield battle when two of our worse performers on the day are Lundstram and Diomande.
We throw in the towel at the Saville arena every time , as Boydy said 6 wins since 2000 ? Is that right ? if so it’s ridiculous !!!

He hangs his head from first minute to whenever,lazy ,incompetent prick.
He should be chased out the door now.
He's just an average player who had a good season when Shef U stayed up one year.

Other than that, nothing there to ever suggest he was a world beater.

It's as much on the recruitment as it is him.

YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2012–2015Everton0(0)
2013Doncaster Rovers (loan)14(0)
2013–2014Yeovil Town (loan)14(2)
2014Leyton Orient (loan)7(0)
2014–2015Blackpool (loan)17(0)
2015Leyton Orient (loan)4(0)
2015Scunthorpe United (loan)7(0)
2015–2017Oxford United82(4)
2017–2021Sheffield United108(8)
2021–Rangers92(6

The best thing we can do as a support is knee cap Mcgregor and CCV. It's obvious when they are in their team they are better than us. Will we buy players that can change this dominance? I don't think so. The reason we clawed back a good proportion of points is because these two players were missing. Don't kid ourselves on otherwise.

Absolute crap, take another look at what you have just written.
He’s bossed us for as many old firm games as I can remember and been an integral part of Scotlands national side.
I get you may not like him but deal with facts ffs
Have you seen him dominate in any CL game? Dominating against a very weak Rangers team is hardly proof of your argument.

The form against the other 10 has even itself out. He went on a ridiculous run at first.

My concern is the OF games.
What? We've lost 3/4 old firm games. And not won any of 3 under Clement.

We're beating the teams we should. They aren't
They're picking up points against us. We aren't

Yeah they bring a lot of energy to the team. I thought Raskin did that today as well tbf. That lot had their strongest 11 today too. Although I'm not making excuses for this squad...to go a season not beating that Celtic team is inexcusable. Do we see the cup final being any different?

The manager can't legislate for professional footballers not closing people down properly, an own goal and the red card, but he can change the personnel in the summer. And with the exception of a few I hope he does.
If I hadn’t seen the four games with my own eyes I would not have believed what I have seen. Four games gift wrapped by basic defending, freak goals and pure lack of quality. They have hardly had to break sweat to be leading in games and that’s just not good enough. We were going ok today then both Silva and Borna switch off at the same time and let the boy waltz into the box. It is basic stuff and the bottom line is that we lack quality all over the pitch. How this has went to the last couple of games was a miracle. We have also had one of the worst forward lines for some time. Time to gut this squad and start again.

He’s bossed us for as many old firm games as I can remember and been an integral part of Scotlands national side.
And how successful has that Scotland team been in 10 years? We fluked the last euros. Granted we've been much better in qualifying for 2024 but I wouldn't say McGregor is integral to that

If our current team played against the sellick teams under Tommy burns we would get gubbed 9-0.
Our defence and attack are so inept that they make the Rangers teams of the early 80's look like world beaters.

Callum McGregor is an above average Scottish premier league player who thinks he’s miles above his actual station.

Just like Brown, he gets found out in Europe, then comes back to the Premiership and acts like the big yin.

The issue is, again like Brown, he’s been hyped up by the media and become someone our players are intimidated by. That needs to stop.

Butland
Tav to some extent
Sterling
Davies
Yilmaz
Raskin
Silva
Dessers to some extent

Are the only players I would give pass marks to after that.

Is Clement on a free hit this season by not troubling the poets?

If we line up the same again in the SC Final then we as supporters wont be happy.
Davies? - shat it at their first, should have tried put his body, legs in front of shot instead he looked away with half arsed attempt ala Goldson. I'll give you it was an improvement last time he actually headed to set up their goal.

Thing is we are a better European team than them but when it comes to high intensity pressure football we are way of it , the manager deserves a season without the serial losers ,we have been missing big players but that does not excuse the basic mistakes we make be that losing sloppy goals or missing easy chances ,it's a big ask of the manager to fix but it is one he is going to have to deal with .

I think you mean to say we are so bad in these games we make him look above average?

Hopefully a lot of fans will stop kidding themselves now. This dross is the direct result of handing money to that used-car salesman Beale. The clown signed a basketball team, not a football team. No craft, guille or creativity. Rangers are a long-ball team. There's barely an ounce of football between that entire squad. There's fight, despite what some might say, but that will only ever carry the team so far. There's not a single player in that squad that is a proper footballer. This is why Ranngers will always fall short. Even in a season where they've had an injury crisis involving almost all of their big hitters, Rangers still don't have enough. If they'd kept their core players fit, the league would already have been won by them. Until Rangers are in a position to be able to sign quality footballers, this is the future. Most of our signings will come from the 'out of contract' section, which will never provide the quality required.
Hmmm - You joined 3 weeks ago just to say that?

Clement came in when Raskin was injured and has never given him games. 20 mins here and there is no good but put him along with the other two a young exciting midfield
He should start every game for rest of the season and we’ll take it from there. Cup final will be a good indication.

Once again we come up short. Still not good enough i'm afraid.

We really need a complete refit in the summer if things are to change

We are playing with ZERO confidence just now, Injuries ain't helping one bit, They wanted it a LOT more than we did today.
Sterling and butland aside, struggling for positives.

This is it man. Once the “leadership” team are gone and he gets a new squad in then it’s a blank canvas. Phil’s the most confident I’ve been in a manager for a long time. Back him and go for it. Sign players with an aggressive playing style and mentality and build a squad of them that fucking hate the dogs just like Gerrard had us doing and we’ll be fine.

Tav and Goldson in particular go with my very best wishes and they’ve played a hell of a lot of games for us but a change is long overdue.
This 100%

So it’s the managers fault that Lundstram looked like he was playing a preseason friendly? Lazy and glad he’s leaving
I'm not sure it was simply lazy, he didn't look capable of running. He looks remarkably unfit.

Look at him at the own goal when he's trying to move his feet, it's like watching a guy in his 50's playing 5 a sides. His legs don't work anymore. He's done.

Clement isn't the right guy. We won't win the league with him, but yet again we're in the situation where we need to stick with him. I understand that, but I would hope the board are putting the feelers out behind the scenes, and maybe get somebody better in for the new season. Fancy us to win the cup though. I'm going to bet on that haha.

Callum McGregor is an above average Scottish premier league player who thinks he’s miles above his actual station.

Just like Brown, he gets found out in Europe, then comes back to the Premiership and acts like the big yin.

The issue is, again like Brown, he’s been hyped up by the media and become someone our players are intimidated by. That needs to stop.
And like the Lego munching man child protected by referees and the mhedia/pundits.

Hopefully a lot of fans will stop kidding themselves now. This dross is the direct result of handing money to that used-car salesman Beale. The clown signed a basketball team, not a football team. No craft, guille or creativity. Rangers are a long-ball team. There's barely an ounce of football between that entire squad. There's fight, despite what some might say, but that will only ever carry the team so far. There's not a single player in that squad that is a proper footballer. This is why Ranngers will always fall short. Even in a season where they've had an injury crisis involving almost all of their big hitters, Rangers still don't have enough. If they'd kept their core players fit, the league would already have been won by them. Until Rangers are in a position to be able to sign quality footballers, this is the future. Most of our signings will come from the 'out of contract' section, which will never provide the quality required.
Spot on the negligence of the board not to spend on s striker in January has just cost us £40m and further behind the filth.

At the very least you feel shameful.

Gloating on a rangers forum is mental

Edit - I meant the post that this post quoted
Don't think he is gloating just being realistic we all deep down knew we were not going to win today if the boy can win a few quid to perhaps pay for his season ticket or pay a few bills in this cost of living crisis then good for him probably a win win situation if we had won and went on to win the league then great but if going to loose and compensates himself with a few quid at least would numb the feelings right now.

Spot on the negligence of the board not to spend on s striker in January has just cost us £40m and further behind the filth.
Is this 40m chat real though? They never seem to spend much money, but in the Scottish league that amount of money would be a hell of a difference. Is that counting the Europa money?

If our current team played against the sellick teams under Tommy burns we would get gubbed 9-0.
Our defence and attack are so inept that they make the Rangers teams of the early 80's look like world beaters.
And if their pish Rodgers and Ange teams had played any of Walter's teams they would get gubbed 9-0. Every time!

Can anyone correct me, please do if so. But we've only had two occasions now this season where the VAR has called over the ref to look at an incident.

1) Sterlings tackle on a sheep players toe

2) O'Rileys dive for a penalty

And Don IRA Robertson and Father Collum have both went against VAR.

That right?

Back