Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Callum McGregor is an above average Scottish premier league player who thinks he’s miles above his actual station.

Just like Brown, he gets found out in Europe, then comes back to the Premiership and acts like the big yin.

The issue is, again like Brown, he’s been hyped up by the media and become someone our players are intimidated by. That needs to stop.
Problem is we have had no one to go toe to toe with any of them in the games, its terrible

I had us down for a bit of a doing. Looked a stick on when they got the second.
Credit to the ten men though. Easily could have folded, first 20 mins of second half, but dug in. That said, I think they were just playing the easy ball, with little urgency.
To me that just shows how shite Celtic were. I’ve spoken to a couple in my street tonight and they’ve admitted they were shitting themselves the last 20 minutes. A decent Rangers team would’ve done them today. But that’s the problem. We aren’t a decent Rangers team.

To me that just shows how shite Celtic were. I’ve spoken to a couple in my street tonight and they’ve admitted they were shitting themselves the last 20 minutes. A decent Rangers team would’ve done them today. But that’s the problem. We aren’t a decent Rangers team.
Doesn’t matter how decent a Rangers team was out there today. When Lundstram made that lunge it was goodnight Vienna.
He let down the manager, his teammates and millions of Rangers fans around the world with an act of the utmost stupidity.
I don’t think any of us want to see him play for the club again. He’s finished.

Playing a weak midfield 3 repeatedly against Celtic deserves criticism, regardless of the perceived lack of options.

He could’ve packed the midfield more, put Sterling in there or even experimented with Raskin after a poor run for Lunny. So I see perfectly fine thanks.
Hahaha.
Glad your eyesight is good.
Aye cos we're over endowed with good midfielders.
Experiment? Whit?

Hahaha.
Glad your eyesight is good.
Aye cos we're over endowed with good midfielders.
Experiment? Whit?
Away and argue with someone else pal. It’s clear as day the majority of folk agree that it was a mistake to repeat the exact same personnel and tactics as Ibrox a few weeks ago.

You want to continue pretending there was no other option, that’s fine.

Away and argue with someone else pal. It’s clear as day the majority of folk agree that it was a mistake to repeat the exact same personnel and tactics as Ibrox a few weeks ago.

You want to continue pretending there was no other option, that’s fine.
I'm not pretending.
There are no other options.
We are light, and basically lightweight, in the middle.

Reflecting this morning. This team is clearly done and disappointingly some simply don’t care anymore. Up against imo a very poor Celtic team and we couldn’t raise our game. I think we’ll lose the final unless the manger does something very different with our midfield, we get Ridvan fit enough for left back and Sima can play somehow. It’s a sad end to the season given the initial fight back but the manager has squeezed what he can out of some limited players. Really hope he does his business early in the summer so we have a whole squad getting a good pre season.

Just put myself through it again - it was worse than I thought it was.

The amount of standing off, ball watching & actual ambling about - yes, ambling - our players did was shocking. First goal was a prime example - no wonder O’Riley had acres of space as Borna ball watched & Lundstram literally stood still.

And….I thought Diomande was awful. For what will be an outlay of £5m plus, it looks a hard sell right now.

No it didn't.
I can only assume you don’t watch much football then mate. Playing 2 central midfielders against their 3 was absolute suicide. Ridvan should have started too. If he was fit enough to give us what he did then he was fit enough to give us an hour from the start.

I can only assume you don’t watch much football then mate. Playing 2 central midfielders against their 3 was absolute suicide. Ridvan should have started too. If he was fit enough to give us what he did then he was fit enough to give us an hour from the start.

Could have swore BB set up a goal and that both players probably weren't fit for 90 mins.

The midfield was more compact than Ibrox but ultimately they moved the ball too well for us.

Being 100% honest I would have started with someone on the right, dropped Lawerence and put Sterling in midfield.

He gambled on Lawerence -said on this thread that was the risk-he wasn't terrible but we were up against noticeably better players.

We played open overall and it was a gamble-if we had sat in and lost he would have got it tight for that.

Bigger criticism for me was RC and Dundee that's where he really dropped the ball.

Could have swore BB set up a goal and that both players probably weren't fit for 90 mins.

The midfield was more compact than Ibrox but ultimately they moved the ball too well for us.

Being 100% honest I would have started with someone on the right, dropped Lawerence and put Sterling in midfield.

He gambled on Lawerence -said on this thread that was the risk-he wasn't terrible but we were up against noticeably better players.

We played open overall and it was a gamble-if we had sat in and lost he would have got it tight for that.

Bigger criticism for me was RC and Dundee that's where he really dropped the ball.
Borna did set up the goal and probably wasn’t as bad as he normally is but it was evident that they targeted us down that side. You could see the difference Ridvan made when he came on. If he was fit enough to play 30 minutes last week then he should be fit enough to start and give us 60 yesterday. We were going for a league title, that’s the sort of gambles that need to be made.

Playing three in the middle would have prevented them from moving the ball so quickly with less space to do so. I’m a big Sterling fan but he’s absolutely wasted wide right and should be in the middle of the park.

Borna did set up the goal and probably wasn’t as bad as he normally is but it was evident that they targeted us down that side. You could see the difference Ridvan made when he came on. If he was fit enough to play 30 minutes last week then he should be fit enough to start and give us 60 yesterday. We were going for a league title, that’s the sort of gambles that need to be made.

Playing three in the middle would have prevented them from moving the ball so quickly with less space to do so. I’m a big Sterling fan but he’s absolutely wasted wide right and should be in the middle of the park.

Well you can't have been watching football long if you think Celtic approached the game the way in the second half the way they did in the first.
They would have targeted Ridvan the same in the first.

Their first goal was an example of how well they move the ball and how badly we coped with it...you can blame Silva, Davies, Lundstrum as much as BB-how would Ridvan have made a difference is beyond me.

Ridvan is vastly vastly overrated on here and people forget how little impact he has made over 3 managers and how indifferent his form was before injury-he did have a really good spell but how long did it really last?

PC decided to play open to an extent yesterday I'm assuming because he felt we needed to win-we missed some chances before the first goal. I agree with you I would put Sterling in but you also saw that Tav was getting forward in the first half quite deep into their half.

Ultimately it didn't work so PC takes the blame. But he really isn't blessed with lots and lots of opinions.

Well you can't have been watching football long if you think Celtic approached the game the way in the second half the way they did in the first.
They would have targeted Ridvan the same in the first.

Their first goal was an example of how well they move the ball and how badly we coped with it...you can blame Silva, Davies, Lundstrum as much as BB-how would Ridvan have made a difference is beyond me.

Ridvan is vastly vastly overrated on here and people forget how little impact he has made over 3 managers and how indifferent his form was before injury-he did have a really good spell but how long did it really last?

PC decided to play open to an extent yesterday I'm assuming because he felt we needed to win-we missed some chances before the first goal. I agree with you I would put Sterling in but you also saw that Tav was getting forward in the first half quite deep into their half.

Ultimately it didn't work so PC takes the blame. But he really isn't blessed with lots and lots of opinions.
We’ll agree to disagree. The manager wasn’t blessed with loads of options yesterday but, for me, he got it wrong with the options that he did have.

Our midfield was static, almost non existent at times. No movement, no closing down and allowing the scum to just run off them. Dessers was the same up front. Didn’t drag their defenders across the pitch. Other teams have hassled the scum and unsettled them. We just watched them play. The one time Lunstrum really moved was to charge into a red card tackle.

I was out of the country and didn't see the game - and have no intention of watching.

I said at the start of the season that we need to be miles better than them to nullify the points they'll be gifted by the usual rogue officials. Well those wee points tallied up and here we are.

Classic moment was their game against Hearts when Beaton HUMILIATED Don Bhoy Robertson into making honest decisions - even though he'd already let the most pathetic Septic penalty of the season go without a second look!!!

The demented leprechaun screamed from the rafters about Beaton but NOT about old Don Bhoy. It wasn't long untill Don Bhoy was back to pleasing Brenda and the mhob!!! Then he gets Willie Bhoy Collum for the most important game of the season. If that does not cause some SERIOUS action among the board at Ibrox then nothing will!!!!

Suppose we'll round off with Kev Bhoy Clancy for the final??

Rangers turning a blind eye to this crap has cost us - do supporters start another season putting up with this INSULT to VAR????

I don't know if yesterday's game was refereed fairly BUT we were not winning it - Willie Bhoy would have found a way to please the mhob!!!!

Anybody notice the difference between our European performances and theirs????

Nothing to do with good old HONEST and decent referees????

Statistics are EVIDENCE that something does not quite add up in Scottish football.

The absolute state of us summed up in one picture...

GNYMNNkXAAAnfaq

McGregor and Brown are no marks who have done f**k all in football outside Scotland
Can you name any of the current Rangers squad that hav
To start with, I would sign Jonny Evans straight away this summer and give him the captain's armband.
Evans is about to turn 37, has a horrific injury record, and is finished. That's an unbelievably bad shout.

Last edited:
Back